OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Epic meltdown on phone call. NSFW if clicking on link

Post by mr friendly guy »

http://www.news.com.au/business/worklif ... 6718108582

Listen to the audio. Most probably NSFW because of the foul language (depends on your workplace I guess).
EVER been bounced around while calling customer service? One man has had an epic meltdown after spending more than three hours on the phone.
The man called an unidentified security system after it missed an appointment with him. He spoke to a supervisor named Michelle who called him back and left her direct extension for him to reach her.
But when she wasn't there he got bumped around to different people for a few hours before letting one tech support agent named Mark have both barrels.
"I am your worst nightmare," he tells Mark when he answers the phone. "I might go ballistic and come over there with a machine gun. I don't have one but I'll try to acquire one."
Mark, who remains incredibly patient and polite as the man screams down the phone, offers to put him on hold to view his details or to transfer him. The caller wants him to do neither because he simply gets bumped around to other people.
Finally after more than eight minutes on the line, the caller decides he is going to call back and try and get someone else.
"I am not going to dwell in your f***ing private joke twilight zone anymore," he says.
The person who posted this to Reddit and YouTube says the customer has been legally banned from calling the company again. He says the company went to extraordinary lengths to remove all trace of the call.
"The company would not be happy that I'm doing this," he said "but it belongs on the internet."
While I don't think threatening someone is the way to go, I can understand what its like to be bounced around by customer service. It happened to be with Soul mobile, after they rang me and said they would renew my contract and if I keep the same phone they will reimburse me $300. When that didn't happen I got bounced around so many times, during which I found out that the person who made that offer was from a third company hired out by Soul, thus Soul knows absolutely nothing about the offer made, because it was made by a third party. Plus they had no way to contact that third company. Eventually I got my money after several hours on the phone and a few emails. Soon after my whole family quit their Soul contracts.

Some customer services just suck, especially when in my case, some of the jobs involved in it the contract was outsourced to a third company.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Crown
NARF

Re: Epic meltdown on phone call. NSFW if clicking on link

Post by Crown »

What I would just like to do is transfer you to that extension, would that be okay?

No that would not be okay, you don't think I'm capable of dialing that extension over and OVER AGAIN?!?!!? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!

And that, denizens of SD.net is when I wet my pants!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(OMG TOO MANY SMILIES!)
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'