Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: NFL 2013

Post by Thanas »

Thanks.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Although he was a steeler, this is a great piece by Mendenhall and everyone should go and spent five minutes reading it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rashard-m ... 31316.html
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Thanas wrote:Although he was a steeler, this is a great piece by Mendenhall and everyone should go and spent five minutes reading it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rashard-m ... 31316.html
That was a good read. I hope he offers more of his personal insight as time goes on. And is it strange that I'm actually happy for him (in spite of him being Steeler who ruined my fantasy team a few times) that he was able to go out on his own terms? It seems like that is exceedingly rare in American sports, and I'm glad he was able to basically call his shot before injury or other problems brought him down.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

But in less retrospective news, the Jets cut Cromartie today. Who will care for his village of wee ones now?!
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

NeoGoomba wrote: That was a good read. I hope he offers more of his personal insight as time goes on. And is it strange that I'm actually happy for him (in spite of him being Steeler who ruined my fantasy team a few times) that he was able to go out on his own terms? It seems like that is exceedingly rare in American sports, and I'm glad he was able to basically call his shot before injury or other problems brought him down.
Team alliances aside, I can't fault him. Going by his statements he also is not a typical MURICAN PATRIOTIC PLAYER so I think it is good for him that he is able to do things that he wants to do instead of chasing that last paycheck.
NeoGoomba wrote:But in less retrospective news, the Jets cut Cromartie today. Who will care for his village of wee ones now?!
The millions of guaranteed money the Jets sunk on him?
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

New league year, new thread.

Locked.
------------
------------
My LPs