NFL 2013

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Re: NFL 2013

Post by Tsyroc »

Excellent.

I especially love the oversized Super Bowl rings.

"President and play in the NFL at the same time." :D

"Control Alt Delete" (they aren't really calling him that are they?) :)
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Flagg wrote:
Pelranius wrote:I was initially rooting for the Broncos, but the sheer absurdity in the first quarter alone made me switch to the Seahawks.
I'm not trying to be insulting but I will be anyway, can we all agree that anyone who does this has pulled the douchiest possible move you can make when watching the SB?
Darn it!

I had such high hopes for Project [redacted]! Now what am I supposed to do with fifteen thousand lines of codes, vegan mayo, the planned Donald Trump Super PAC and a 1983 bootleg copy of Freddie Mercury (which I got from good ole Mr. Crowley)?!
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thanas wrote:
Havok wrote:Are we back to the NFC Championship being the defacto Superbowl?
Hey Hav, I know the 9ers and seahawks are good teams and Imma let you finish, but the Ravens had one of the best counters to that dream.
I'm sorry, who? I only follow teams that make the playoffs.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:
Thanas wrote:
Havok wrote:Are we back to the NFC Championship being the defacto Superbowl?
Hey Hav, I know the 9ers and seahawks are good teams and Imma let you finish, but the Ravens had one of the best counters to that dream.
I'm sorry, who? I only follow teams that make the playoffs.
You know, those guys who won the last SB against the niners and ruined the niners perfect record in Superbowls. The one coached by the better Harbaugh.

Here, let me refresh your memory.

Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

UGH... I hate posting this, but fuck if I didn't see some of this shit during the game and lose my mind.

The roughing the kicker no call was clear as was the bad spots, but holy shit on those play clock segments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEp4r2q9tTA

Elfdart, Thanas, talk me down off this truther ledge...
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:UGH... I hate posting this, but fuck if I didn't see some of this shit during the game and lose my mind.

The roughing the kicker no call was clear as was the bad spots, but holy shit on those play clock segments.

I'd help you but I saw that bullshit too. It's just bad officiating (which seems to be a real problem the last 2 years) not a conspiracy. What gets me is that the Seahawks were the ones who kept benefitting. Starting with the fail Mary.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:UGH... I hate posting this, but fuck if I didn't see some of this shit during the game and lose my mind.

First call 1:14 - clearly a non-challengeable penalty. Happened so fast that the ref could not see it clearly and the seahawk grabbed his helmet as if his head hurt. Bang-bang plays that went both ways through the season. Nothing to see here. Heck, you even see the niner elevate which easily creates the illusion the guy went headhunting.

At 1:47 you clearly see the niner elbow touch the ground before the ball crosses the goal line. Correct call IMO.

2:23 Mike lupati best offensive lineman in the NFL? LOLOLOLOL.

3:08 - holds are rarely called in playoff games. Don't act as if only seattle benefitted from that.

4:22: Clearly a penalty on the niners. Ball was long gone, no reason to give the guy a shove. Unsportsmanlike contact clearly here.

4:57: Seattle always holds. They always get away with it. That is no anti-niner bias, that is just the way the NFL has enforced stuff this season. Besides, every CB would have held there.

5:40 Oh booohooo, the refs missed a block in the back. Like they do a lot.

At 6:33 you can see Wilson at least be parallel, but probably beyond the tackle box considering the angle of the camera. Therefore, the no call was correct.

The lynch run is obscured by a niner but he is lying across the down marker in the next shot. Unless Fox moved the down marker up this is not possible except for Lynch barreling through.

The list goes on. The only credible beef the niners have is the running into the kicker penalty at 7:10. As for the playclock, it would not be the first time the refs messed up this season and had to restart the playclock.

Bad officiating? Yeah. COnspiracy? Not sure, especially with the way Seattle was allowed to handle the golden boy of the NFL in the SB and turn it into a very boring game.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wow, you really don't like the Niners do you? :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Unless they wear Purple and had a murderer as their star player Thanas hates them. :-P
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Thanas wrote:First call 1:14 - clearly a non-challengeable penalty. Happened so fast that the ref could not see it clearly and the seahawk grabbed his helmet as if his head hurt. Bang-bang plays that went both ways through the season. Nothing to see here. Heck, you even see the niner elevate which easily creates the illusion the guy went headhunting.
Yeah. I can see why they called helmet-to-helmet, even if it was incorrect on instant replay, but it's non-challengeable. They got a call wrong. It happens.
Thanas wrote:4:22: Clearly a penalty on the niners. Ball was long gone, no reason to give the guy a shove. Unsportsmanlike contact clearly here.
Totally. That was poor sportsmanship, and he got called on it.
Thanas wrote:At 6:33 you can see Wilson at least be parallel, but probably beyond the tackle box considering the angle of the camera. Therefore, the no call was correct.
"Isn't the rule that even if no one is near it, but it makes it to/past the line of scrimmage, no IG is called?
Thanas wrote:The lynch run is obscured by a niner but he is lying across the down marker in the next shot. Unless Fox moved the down marker up this is not possible except for Lynch barreling through.
I thought it looked like he might've made it to the down marker, then been pushed back by tackling force and ruled down at his forward-most point by forward motion. Tricky to see where the ball was when that happened, what with being surrounded by 49er uniforms.
Thanas wrote:The list goes on. The only credible beef the niners have is the running into the kicker penalty at 7:10. As for the playclock, it would not be the first time the refs messed up this season and had to restart the playclock.
No, that one is the most retarded bullshit claim in the video. Watch the video when he says "just before the next play." You can see, very clearly on the screen, "after Seahawks timeout." The game clock ticked down a bit, they called timeout, the time-out ended, the gameclock resumed counting down but the playclock restarted. Idiot video-maker ignores his own screen.
Thanas wrote:Bad officiating? Yeah. COnspiracy? Not sure, especially with the way Seattle was allowed to handle the golden boy of the NFL in the SB and turn it into a very boring game.
Indeed. If the officials wanted an exciting game, there were about 20 times the Seahawks secondary could plausibly have been flagged for pass interference.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Terralthra wrote:"Isn't the rule that even if no one is near it, but it makes it to/past the line of scrimmage, no IG is called?
But the QB has to be outside the tackle box (i.e. to the left of the left tackle or the right of the right tackle) for that to apply. Here you see Wilson running to his left to get there before chugging the ball aways. With the camera angle being what it is I am inclined to say he got there just in time.

Good catch on the playclock BS.

Havok wrote:Wow, you really don't like the Niners do you? :lol:
Joke? Nah, I like them. They were my team to make it to the SB at the start of the season, don't you remember? :lol:
Flagg wrote:Unless they wear Purple and had a murderer as their star player Thanas hates them. :-P
Allegedly.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:
Flagg wrote:Unless they wear Purple and had a murderer as their star player Thanas hates them. :-P
Allegedly.
Hey man I get it. Some motherfuckers just gotta die. And some motherfuckers have to be the ones that make them die. And some motherfuckers have to make a few thousand dollars worth of white suit disappear.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Flagg wrote:
Thanas wrote:
Allegedly.
Hey man I get it. Some motherfuckers just gotta die. And some motherfuckers have to be the ones that make them die. And some motherfuckers have to make a few thousand dollars worth of white suit disappear.
Allegedly.

You do know he didn't do it, right? Every eyewitness said he wanted to break up the fight and the guys who actually went on trial were declared innocent due to self defence rules, right?
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

It looked pretty bad (the missed roughing the kicker call was the worst), but not a tenth the kind of zebra-fisting you normally see the Steelers or Patriots benefit from. I've said this for over a decade: Refs do not call PI or D-holding in the playoffs unless the receiver is outright tackled. Smarter defensive coaches know this and have their DBs turn up the rough stuff to 11.

Frankly, the 49ers and Donkeys were poor matches for the Seahawks, given the fact that neither team has real deep threat receivers and that gives a huge advantage to the physical DBs Seattle uses. They remind me of the Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson: DBs who maul receivers until the zebras make them stop, LBs who are fast and make tackles and most importantly, a full rotation of pass rushers to make sure there are at least two fresh pairs of legs hurtling after the QB throughout the game.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Flagg wrote:
Thanas wrote:

Allegedly.

You do know he didn't do it, right? Every eyewitness said he wanted to break up the fight and the guys who actually went on trial were declared innocent due to self defence rules, right?
You're too easy, man. BTW, you can't say OJ killed anyone either without saying "Allegedly". Unless you wanna get sued. Or partially decapitated. FOOTBALL!
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Sorry, just making sure. That dumb thread (you know the one) got me on edge regarding judicial stuff.
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

Thanas wrote:Sorry, just making sure. That dumb thread (you know the one) got me on edge regarding judicial stuff.
The problem is "that dumb thread" can apply to so many things...
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Steve wrote:
Thanas wrote:Sorry, just making sure. That dumb thread (you know the one) got me on edge regarding judicial stuff.
The problem is "that dumb thread" can apply to so many things...
Rhymes with cocks...
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

"Hold out. Play in Canada. See how their program is. Or better yet, I'm gonna trade you to the mistake by the lake. Hope you like cleveland in december." - The Rebels, Pilot episode.

Hot damn. When even third rate comedy shows think you are a failure....
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

What the fuck? Over.

Cleveland.... Wow. Al Davis would be talking shit and he would look normal right now next to those yahoos.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Havok wrote:What the fuck? Over.

Cleveland.... Wow. Al Davis would be talking shit and he would look normal right now next to those yahoos.
http://dawgpoundnation.com/2014/02/11/f ... -happened/

It gets a bit more understandable when you learn that Banner and Lombardi were forced onto Haslam as part of the deal to purchase the team, and he's been phasing out Lombardi and Banner over the past month to install his own people. There's more to it, but that's the core of a lot of the moves.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Nevertheless, this is what, the 7th change in both coach and GM in 12 years? Another rebuilt on top of the last rebuilt with nobody ever developing a consistent vision or given enough time to implement a long-term strategy. This is BS.

Al Davis might have changed stuff but at least his drafts had a clear underlying philosophy to them. The Browns change both philosophy, offensive and defensive schemes and coaches like anybody else would change shoes.

And you know what? Haslam is currently under threat of grand jury. He will go to prison or have a very large fine slapped on top of him. After all, he committed fraud for nearly a decade. Guess what happens then? New owner? Or will the organization be cash strapped to pay for that lawsuit? Will he be forced to sell? So what happens then?

I am predicting another rebuilt within one or two years.
------------
------------
My LPs
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

The city of Cleveland is cursed in terms of sports. That's all there is to it.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

No, they are just utterly incompetent.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-f ... ght-rights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... lc5C4SXAYM

Two good videos about the Michael Sam situation.

Meanwhile, the Ravens released this and the idiots come out of the woods (read the comment section) :banghead:

Heck, they are even less tolerant than Matt Birk, who after all sponsored anti-gay marriage legislation but also did this
------------
------------
My LPs