NFL 2013

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Re: NFL 2013

Post by Lord Relvenous »

I wish Austin Pettis had gone to a different team. I sure hope playing for the Rams doesn't kill his career, as I think Bradford could make a lot of receivers look bad.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Bradford got seven draft picks in WR and TEs, with only one of them being taken in the fourth round. He's got one first rounder, 4 2nd rounders and 3 3rd rounders. And somehow he is unable to do anything with them.

The announcers were making excuses like "bad OL" for him, but really? He had at least as much time as half the other QBs in the league and managed to do nothing.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

If I had to make a wager, Thanas, it would be that Haloti Ngata lines up over Colin Brown all game. Not because Colin Brown is the worst left guard in football...no, wait, exactly for that reason.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Our two NTs are both out so Haloti will either play NT or Canty will. But yeah, you're probably correct.

We have been using Ngata more inside this season and spelled him with a regular NT on some run downs.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

BTW Falkenhayn, I was going to suggest a sig bet, but I am not sure if you want to do one.
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Would you take a sig bet if your team gave up a 52% conversion rate on 3rd and Long?

If you'd want to follow one player on the Bills D, follow Kiko Alonso. Possibly the steal of the draft. Through 3 games, he's got 27 Tackles, a sack, a FF, 2 Int, 2 PD, and no picture on NFL.com.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Steal of the draft? He is a second rounder.
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Balls. I thought he was lower than that.
-Stuart
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

BTW, Bills fan might remember this image. I am obviously hoping for a repeat.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Our O-line sucks. Ed Dickson sucks more.
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

I've got no idea why you're worried, or down.
-Stuart
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Falkenhayn wrote:I've got no idea why you're worried, or down.
Maybe because were down 13 and Ray Rice got 13 yards on 8 rushes?
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Thanas wrote:
Falkenhayn wrote:I've got no idea why you're worried, or down.
Maybe because were down 13 and Ray Rice got 13 yards on 8 rushes?
Right. But you're playing the Bills. I still give you a chance in 2 of winning this game.
-Stuart
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Oh and have I mentioned our OL sucks?
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

See? Right back in it.
-Stuart
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Our OL still sucks. I don't know what McKinnie is thinking. So far, Flacco, Dallas Clark, Torrey Smith and Marlon Brown are the only ones earning their paychecks on O today.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Oh, and see what I mean about no running game whatsoever?
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Don't worry, they're going to call this one back.
-Stuart
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Meh. Fucking Ray Rice. Fucking Oline. Jesus christ.

Now watch the bills go for it and get it.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Hypothetical- A War Crimes Tribunal (RAR)

Post by Thanas »

Also, can you please hang on to the ball? Sheesh.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

This is painful to watch.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Our offense consists of Marshal Yanda, Joe Flacco and Torrey Smith. Nothing else.

Thanks to our defence that we are only down by 6 now.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

WTF is Buffalo thinking with their play selection?
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

That the Ravens will get anxious and hit EJ Manuel in the pocket. Which the Ravens Defense just did.
-Stuart
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So.....we deserved to lose that game. We did. Our ground game is abysmal. Ray Rice is playing like a scrub. Our OL is worse.

However, that last penalty was BS. If Manuel is running around trying to kill clock, you are allowed to hit him.
------------
------------
My LPs