Hasta la vista España, adeu Catalunya - I'm off to Ireland

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Hasta la vista España, adeu Catalunya - I'm off to Ireland

Post by Comosicus »

It's that time of life again when I must pack everything and move on to another place. Two years ago I left Romania for Catalunya/Spain. Now, I'll head off to Ireland and I plan to be there before the end of January.

Why Ireland? My wife had trouble finding a job in Spain due to the lack of Spanish and Catalan and not speaking English natively. So an English speaking country is the only possible destination. I had a lead for Gibraltar, but it did not come to any results. UK still has restrictions for Romanian citizen for the next year and the papers for Skilled Worker need at least 6 months to process (this does not mean I won't do them anyway). So this only leaves Ireland as the obvious choice.

So I have already announced my intention to my current employer, starting contacting some agencies for Front End Developer jobs and I'm steeling myself to deal with the unavoidable bureaucracy that plagues Spain (closing contracts for phone, internet and cable, settling bank status). On the side we're already preparing to sort our things into things we need to take with us, things we're shipping back to Romania and things we're trying to sell or give away.

Most probably we'll be heading to Dublin, as there are the most job opportunities. If any of you guys live there, I wouldn't mind sharing a pint of Guinness with you.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Aaron MkII
Jedi Master

Re: Hasta la vista España, adeu Catalunya - I'm off to Irela

Post by Aaron MkII »

Best of luck dude. Must be exciting (probably scary as well) to be able to move around like that. :)
Masami von Weizegger
Padawan Learner

Post by Masami von Weizegger »

I went the other way and left Ireland as soon as I had the ability to but I know there's at least a few people from the island here. Good luck!
"That a man might embiggen his soul"
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

aye, good luck. Moving countries is a pain.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee