Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need to contact the admin of alternatehistory.com PostPosted: 2012-11-06 05:15pm
Redshirt

Hello all,

I know this is the wrong place, but I didn't get any reply in several days. No replies to an email, no reply after using the contact form, nothing - and couldn't post in their forums, because the registration doesn't work. Is it normal that the administrator of such a large forum goes on holiday without a replacement or somehow managing the site?

Thank you for any help!

Post subject: Re: Need to contact the admin of alternatehistory.com PostPosted: 2012-11-06 10:22pm
Keeper of the Schwartz

Why the heck do you think that this board is the place to ask?

ImageImage
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Post subject: Re: Need to contact the admin of alternatehistory.com PostPosted: 2012-11-07 05:05am
Redshirt

Lonestar wrote:
Why the heck do you think that this board is the place to ask?

Nothing worked so far. Maybe someone knows someone on that board? Maybe the admin knows something about alternatehistory.com's admin?

BTW this is the off-topic section :|

Post subject: Re: Need to contact the admin of alternatehistory.com PostPosted: 2012-11-07 06:47pm
Miscreant

Well, it's douche bag Shep for one thing.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"

Post subject: Re: Need to contact the admin of alternatehistory.com PostPosted: 2012-11-07 08:27pm
_______

Havok wrote:
Well, it's douche bag Shep for one thing.

I think you're confusing it for alternatewars.com which is run by Shep.

No idea who runs alternatehistory.com

"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

Post subject: Re: Need to contact the admin of alternatehistory.com PostPosted: 2012-11-08 05:24pm
Redshirt

My problem has apparently been solved - after about a week, which I found unusually long.

Note to moderator: the thread is now hopefully obsolete.

Post subject: Re: Need to contact the admin of alternatehistory.com PostPosted: 2012-11-08 08:40pm
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Well, feel free to stick around. I'm sure you'll find many like-minded individuals in the History forum with whom to have discussions.

To Absent Friends
Rob Dalton | Admin Smash | SG-14: Gotta Blow Something Up | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.