Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Make a Request of a Musical Master (RAR) PostPosted: 2012-10-28 08:32am
Emperor's Hand

You get a ticket for a one time meeting with a Musical Master living or dead Any time perior, any artist. Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Armstrong, Lennon... Anyone you can think of.

You may summon them and request them to creat one song for you. You can ask to remake some existing work and turn it into something of their style, or to make some work from scratch.

Who would you pick? And what music would you have created?

Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!

Last edited by Crossroads Inc. on 2012-10-29 07:05am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Make a Request of a Musical Master (RAR) PostPosted: 2012-10-29 06:09am
Jedi Council Member

my music master is the german Johann Sebastian Bach (a 'music meister' as it were)

i commission him to compose a piece to entrance batman and the rest of the super-friends

Jupiter Oak Evolution!

Post subject: Re: Make a Request of a Musical Master (RAR) PostPosted: 2012-10-30 10:21am
Jedi Knight

Can I ask Mozart to finish his Requiem?

Post subject: Re: Make a Request of a Musical Master (RAR) PostPosted: 2012-10-30 11:25am
Emperor's Hand

Assuming retroactive time travel, I'd be tempted to have Wagner, or any other virulently antisemitic great german or Austrian composer compose something along the lines of "Greatness of the Jews". Just to piss off WW2 Germany or Antisemites :P.

Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

Post subject: Re: Make a Request of a Musical Master (RAR) PostPosted: 2012-10-31 12:06pm
Jedi Knight

I would probably commission Basil Poledouris to compose an epic theme for bottle washing and diaper changing.

Every day is victory.
No victory is forever.

Post subject: Re: Make a Request of a Musical Master (RAR) PostPosted: 2012-10-31 06:13pm
SD.net White Wizard

I have Wagner do the music for a Batman movie.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin

"People tell me, 'Bill, let it go. The Kennedy assassination was years ago. It was just the assassination of a President and the hijacking of our government by a totalitarian regime — who cares? Just let it go.' I say, 'All right then. That whole Jesus thing? Let it go! It was 2,000 years ago! Who cares?'"
- Bill Hicks

Post subject: Re: Make a Request of a Musical Master (RAR) PostPosted: 2012-11-12 01:19am
Mostly Harmless Nutcase

Robert Johnson to make a song about Xenu and Scientology just to fuck with the celebes, and the people who think he sold his soul to play the bnlues....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin