Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-04 10:21pm
Offline
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: 2002-08-11 07:28pm
Posts: 17438
Location: Montana, USA
There goes T-Dog.



"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-04 11:05pm
Offline
CUNTS FOR EYES!
User avatar

Joined: 2005-06-09 09:56pm
Posts: 8696
Location: The Great, Green Pacific Northwest! It's Raining...
They give the man more than 2 lines in the episode he dies in. On The Walking Dead that's called progressive.

On the other hand, that bitch Lori died.



Image
The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-04 11:14pm
Offline
Sith Devotee
User avatar

Joined: 2002-12-15 02:49am
Posts: 2633
Location: Richmond, VA
Another two bite the dust with another now missing. They are diverging greatly from the comics at this point.



VRWC : Justice League : SDN Weight Watchers : BOTM : Former AYVB

Resident Magic the Gathering Guru : Recovering MMORPG Addict

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-04 11:39pm
Offline
Emperor's Hand
User avatar

Joined: 2004-04-10 06:10pm
Posts: 7814
Location: Drone HQ, Pennsylvania, USA
If they kill off both of the Greene sisters, I'm done.

Seriously though, so where is the series going? Will it result in Rick being the last one of the group left alive, wandering the wasteland like Mad Max, lonely, embittered and living out each day scrounging for food and fuel? Years on, long after everyone he cares about is dead, will we see him like some doomed avenging angel, coming to the aid of the weak and innocent he encounters, to eventually meet his end by eating a bullet as the hordes eventually close in around him as the last of his ammunition and strength give out?

I don't particularly care about the comics (nor have I read them, but I have looked at some summaries) nor do divergent storylines and character differences bother me, but I'm assuming the Governor is going to end up dying horribly and ironically and that his little town will be destroyed, despite all he's done to protect it. And to be perfectly honest, his storyline and Woodbury can be a speed-bump for all I care. I don't find him all that interesting or compelling from what we've seen so far. At the end of Frame Rate last week, it was speculated that Merle actually becomes the Governor of the comics.

Will we ever see Morgan again?

I wish they would introduce an element into the story that there is some kind of possible "positive" or hopeful ending. Like it's discovered that all newborns are not carriers of whatever it is that the current generation is infected with and unless bitten, will not be afflicted. Everyone ending up turning into Walkers or shot in the head just isn't interesting. Because, otherwise, what's the point of it all?

Say, a decade or so has passed and we learn that the government in Australia survived and Rick wakes up one day on the beach after making his way to Florida and sees ships from the RAN anchored off the coast and landing parties of heavily-armed and bunny-suited Marines walking up to him with vials of The Cure.

What do you all think? I seriously doubt the show will run as long as the comics (I figure maybe 4 or 5 seasons, at the most, and assuming that, a hell of a lot of time was burned up on the farm).

Where is it going?



Image

Droning on and on before it was fashionable.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-05 08:14am
Offline
Sith Devotee
User avatar

Joined: 2006-10-18 03:32am
Posts: 3376
Location: Tasmania, Australia
The ADF doesn't do Marines. But I take your point.

Lori might have shown herself to be a bitch, but she'd been seriously humbled and hadn't had a chance to reconcile with Rick... What a devestating exit. I didn't realise it was real until it was done.



lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-05 03:45pm
Offline
Sith Devotee
User avatar

Joined: 2007-12-22 12:11pm
Posts: 2650
Location: United States
Alyeska wrote:
There goes T-Dog.


No, it's fine, he has been replaced by a taller slightly more stereotypical African American, I mean this one we KNOW has done time, with T dog we weren't sure. The New Guy also has a much more eloquent speaking voice, he seems somehow more... poignant...

:roll:

Carl I actually liked in this episode. He's been written terribly so far, all of the impact of Sophie's death came across as... trite... I'm glad they didn't treat Lori's death the same way. he still pissed me off with the whole "Hey I went off by myself and killed two walkers" bullshit, but now Rick has literally nothing better to do than parent him, maybe they can pull of something like the relationships in falling Skies.

Probably not though, there are fucking walkers EVERYWHERE which is eliminating any time for character growth on Rick's team. That's almost getting annoying, like... is anything anywhere killing these besides Rick's group? When the prison went down, no one figured out what was happening fast enough to organize resistance that eventually failed? I did a search to see if anyone's actually counted the total number of walkers killed, to get an idea of how many were likely out there. These numbers are seeming ridiculous though, after several months. Either they should be starving out, or they should be decimating animal populations to survive, and THEN starving out. It's been months, if I were a character in this I would be extremely concerned about how long walkers seem to able to survive without food. For a human it's two weeks right? Somehow it is months for walkers.

I was also kind of curious about what a zombie deer would look like, would it have an insatiable hunger for plants, being an herbivore?

I am really relieved Rick didn't just damage the back up generators, as stupid as that convict was for turning the alarms on and risking the prison he was trying to retake, at least Rick didn't surpass him for once.

Herschel's other daughter is weirding me out with the attention she's giving Carl, the kid's obviously got a crush on her. I guess age doesn't matter after the apocalypse.

Herschel had no right to survive that, that was a big FU to the audience, especially when his daughter did nothing beyond "hey look out!" to save him on the stairs.

...and now I am furious that I had to see dirty zombie panties two episodes ago. GOD DAMNIT CAROL YOU WEREN'T AROUND AT CLUTCH TIME...




"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-06 05:10am
Offline
Emperor's Hand
User avatar

Joined: 2004-04-10 06:10pm
Posts: 7814
Location: Drone HQ, Pennsylvania, USA
Themightytom wrote:
I was also kind of curious about what a zombie deer would look like, would it have an insatiable hunger for plants, being an herbivore?


I think it's been established that non-human animals do not contract the illness.

Quote:
Herschel's other daughter is weirding me out with the attention she's giving Carl, the kid's obviously got a crush on her. I guess age doesn't matter after the apocalypse.


The character (Beth Greene) is 16 years old and Carl is 13. But, yeah, pickings are slim anyway.



Image

Droning on and on before it was fashionable.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-07 08:06pm
Offline
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 2005-05-31 06:04pm
Posts: 915
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Is it just me or does the Governor sound like Liam Neeson's younger brother?

I agree it seems like there's an infinite source of walkers. I know it's kinda necessary- if they died out during the winter the whole setting changes but I can't help but think that 'herds' should be long past and certainly far more present in cities. Wikipedia gives population density of Georgia at about 170 people per square mile. Some of those are non moving corpses, some are survivors and some will have been put down but even discounting those, zombie populations should be pretty damn sparse, especially outside of the city.

At some point they have to start running out of zombies.

Incidentally, if the supply train failed how long could US carrier groups last before needing to make landfall and resupply? And how many uninfected troops would that be?



Dragon Clan Veritech

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-07 09:57pm
Offline
CUNTS FOR EYES!
User avatar

Joined: 2005-06-09 09:56pm
Posts: 8696
Location: The Great, Green Pacific Northwest! It's Raining...
Kojiro wrote:
Is it just me or does the Governor sound like Liam Neeson's younger brother?

I agree it seems like there's an infinite source of walkers. I know it's kinda necessary- if they died out during the winter the whole setting changes but I can't help but think that 'herds' should be long past and certainly far more present in cities. Wikipedia gives population density of Georgia at about 170 people per square mile. Some of those are non moving corpses, some are survivors and some will have been put down but even discounting those, zombie populations should be pretty damn sparse, especially outside of the city.

At some point they have to start running out of zombies.

Incidentally, if the supply train failed how long could US carrier groups last before needing to make landfall and resupply? And how many uninfected troops would that be?



Everyone is infected. And it sounds like it's everywhere, at least according to Jenner at the CDC who never lied, so I doubt there are many ships functioning.



Image
The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-08 01:49am
Offline
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 2005-05-31 06:04pm
Posts: 915
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Sorry, bad wording on my part. I assume that while everyone is infected there aren't regular casualties on naval vessels, and as such the crews would be largely intact if not entirely fine. I'm just wondering what all those troops out there did when they realised the world had gone to hell and when they'd be getting back home.



Dragon Clan Veritech

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-08 02:08am
Offline
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 2008-03-20 05:54pm
Posts: 850
Well I assume they would head to the more isolated U.S naval bases. That would be a pretty good place in general for the U.S goverment to regroup.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-08 04:12pm
Offline
Sith Devotee
User avatar

Joined: 2007-12-22 12:11pm
Posts: 2650
Location: United States
FSTargetDrone wrote:
Themightytom wrote:
I was also kind of curious about what a zombie deer would look like, would it have an insatiable hunger for plants, being an herbivore?


I think it's been established that non-human animals do not contract the illness.

Quote:
Herschel's other daughter is weirding me out with the attention she's giving Carl, the kid's obviously got a crush on her. I guess age doesn't matter after the apocalypse.


The character (Beth Greene) is 16 years old and Carl is 13. But, yeah, pickings are slim anyway.


True on both points, the latter just looks weird, the former, I don't understand, if in the scenario I originally posited, where there was continual contact between the disease and animals in the area, wouldn't the likelihood of mutation increase?

I mean we're all thinking zombie chickens here right, but no one's thinking it?

By the way if anybody cares I started a walking dead/Heroes crossover
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8684523/1/Dead-Heroes




"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-12 08:45am
Offline
Sith Devotee
User avatar

Joined: 2006-10-18 03:32am
Posts: 3376
Location: Tasmania, Australia
The last man on earth sat in a room

The phone rang



lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-12 05:13pm
Offline
Jedi Knight
User avatar

Joined: 2004-03-18 03:13am
Posts: 923
Location: between epsilon and zero
They definitely rushed through clearing the jail. You'd think someone would have picked up a spear by now; which would be perfect for stabbing at zombies' heads one at a time through any sort of chain fence or bars.

Also, it seemed rather wasteful to execute the scratched guy immediately rather than letting him help clear the last room(s) and then dealing with him afterward. He had at least until the fever kicked in.


On another note... How long before scavenging for gasoline stops being helpful due to staleness?



Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-12 06:04pm
Offline
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 2003-11-18 04:04am
Posts: 1384
Location: Toronto
Jaepheth wrote:
On another note... How long before scavenging for gasoline stops being helpful due to staleness?


Don't count on it, they are real hit and miss about stuff like that. We'll see how long that formula lasts, they seem to be doing well on batteries, and have been low on ammo forever now yet still shooting when they could be conserving. Gas wouldn't be completely useless but it would start becoming less reliable especially in older vehicles that can't adjust ratios etc like a modern car's ECU can. Axel mentioning Daryl's bike sounding rough could be just to show he has something to offer the group, or they are thinking gas is getting worse as they go along, his bike would probably be the first to experience fouling like that.



Image
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-12 08:17pm
Offline
Sith Devotee
User avatar

Joined: 2007-12-22 12:11pm
Posts: 2650
Location: United States
Boooooooooooooooooooooo... to all of it....
The governor wasn't bizarre enough, now he is keeping his zombie daughter, Michonne...well.. I wonder what Merle told his guard, if he told him to follow Michonne, he's as good as dead. Speaking of Merle, I felt he had no right to win the gladiator match until his opponent attempted a cartwheel kick.

God damnit Capoeira you just never seem practical.

Andrea knows she's being a moron about all of this, I am enjoying her depiction here because she's oin denial, she knows how things are stacking up and is just not going to admit it, whereas other characters I would be throwing stuff at the TV for missing obvious signs, am I being too generous, or are other people getting that it isn't that Andrea doesn't realize, she really doesn't care enough yet.

We're in deep shit if Glenn is man of the house and Daryl is good with children. Rick better get his shit together, or mustache prisoner's gonna run wild...

When Rick picked up the phone by the way I half wanted it to be an automated political ad from the Romney campaign. I'll be inserting that into my Heroes Crossover now...

I'm not seeing a lot of positives to staying at the prison much longer, there's probably still tons of walkers in it, while it is a defensible position, it is also a large target, and if the town is nearby the Governor's not gonna leave them alone, Merle certainly won't. What kind of resources would be left in it anyway, I would rather see them hole up in a mall or something A La Dawn of the Dead. At least it would be brighter with better visibility, Walkers can snag your ankle from the shadows or whatever.




"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-12 09:14pm
Offline
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador
User avatar

Joined: 2002-08-11 07:28pm
Posts: 17438
Location: Montana, USA
When they eventually clear the prison, it will offer incredible defensive depth. Far more than what the Governor has with his town. The prison will still have supplies that can be looted. It is isolated and only visible from certain areas due to the heavily wooded environment.

The key is securing the prison. Methodically clear out cell blocks, connectors, lock them down. Rinse and repeat. If you find an unrepairable outer intrusion, find where you can seal it off through the prison itself, and utterly seal it.

The problem is Rick's group is relatively small. They really need twice their number to properly pull this off.



"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-12 09:48pm
Offline
Sith Devotee
User avatar

Joined: 2007-12-22 12:11pm
Posts: 2650
Location: United States
Actually, you're right, my assumption was that rick's group would stay around the same size, but if he were to coopt some people from the town, or otherwise expand his group the prison would work. What he has now though is small and mobile. I don't see them running all over the prison to defend it in the event of an attack, they have Rick, Dayle Glenn and god help us Carl as effective defenders, Hershel maybe.. in a stationary position.




"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-13 02:33am
Offline
Jedi Knight

Joined: 2011-11-20 12:59am
Posts: 957
What signs are there that Andrea should know about? Michonne is just a paranoid freak that's making everything look much more innocent that it is. Andrea really has no reason to leave.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-13 02:39am
Offline
Emperor's Hand
User avatar

Joined: 2004-04-10 06:10pm
Posts: 7814
Location: Drone HQ, Pennsylvania, USA
Shame the National Guardsmen never found their way to the prison and encountered Rick's group. They could have been quite an asset.

Jaepheth wrote:
They definitely rushed through clearing the jail. You'd think someone would have picked up a spear by now; which would be perfect for stabbing at zombies' heads one at a time through any sort of chain fence or bars.


I think Carol was doing just that with a piece of rebar when she chose a Walker to practice C-sectioning, but yes, there needs to be of that kind of weapon use by the group.

Quote:
Also, it seemed rather wasteful to execute the scratched guy immediately rather than letting him help clear the last room(s) and then dealing with him afterward. He had at least until the fever kicked in.


Tomas was a bit too impulsive for there to be much more than a few moments worth of discussion about it.

Anyway, who else but me is supremely bored to tears with the Woodbury stuff? Yes, Michonne is bad-ass and all that, but aside from being A Voice Of Reason for Andrea, I don't especially care about her character because she has just been dropped into the story with almost no development. All we know is that she had some sort of relationship (perhaps) with one or both of the guys before they became her pet walkers/pack mules (a clever use, actually). And comic back-story is no good because we can't assume that the viewer knows any of that. I'd just as soon see Michonne find her way to the prison and shack up with that gang to help out with any meeting between Woodbury's and the prison's occupants.

I assume Carol is going to turn up alive. It would be a big screw-you to the audience to have T-Dog make the valiant self-sacrifice (witnessed by no one other than Carol) only to have her end up dead. She's actually turned out to be a more interesting character this season.

I like how Daryl quickly took charge and gave orders to secure the fence and get things moving to find the baby formula. He's far more loyal to Rick than Shane ever was and it will be very interesting to see his eventual reunion with his brother, should it come to that. Merle doubtless wants Rick dead. And right now we have Daryl caring for Rick's daughter. If he wasn't all-in before, he's all-in now: "We aren't losing anyone else."



Image

Droning on and on before it was fashionable.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-13 04:10am
Offline
Jedi Master
User avatar

Joined: 2003-11-18 04:04am
Posts: 1384
Location: Toronto
Scrib wrote:
What signs are there that Andrea should know about? Michonne is just a paranoid freak that's making everything look much more innocent that it is. Andrea really has no reason to leave.


Hate writing like that, Michonne did not reveal any of the information she discovered, real lazy way to setup conflict. Makes no sense if you saw next week's preview Andrea still doesn't seem bothered about all the barbaric things she saw, so why the drama with Michonne, they don't need bad writing to setup drama but it keeps creeping up.



Image
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-13 08:16am
Offline
Jedi Master

Joined: 2008-08-28 04:23am
Posts: 1115
FSTargetDrone wrote:
Quote:
Also, it seemed rather wasteful to execute the scratched guy immediately rather than letting him help clear the last room(s) and then dealing with him afterward. He had at least until the fever kicked in.


Tomas was a bit too impulsive for there to be much more than a few moments worth of discussion about it."


Ooh.

I missed that he got scratched. I thought Rick killed him because he broke ranks or swung too close to him when he took out that last zombie or something.

Tomas was the one Rick head-chopped, right?

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-13 04:01pm
Offline
Padawan Learner

Joined: 2006-06-23 11:41pm
Posts: 250
Ralin wrote:
Ooh.

I missed that he got scratched. I thought Rick killed him because he broke ranks or swung too close to him when he took out that last zombie or something.

Tomas was the one Rick head-chopped, right?


Tomas wasn't scratched. They're talking about Tomas killing Big Tiny after he got scratched. Tomas likely did it because he didn't understand that to turn you have to first die of a fever, and he was too much of an impulsive psycho to ask questions before swinging the hatchet. Rick killed Tomas because he threw a walker into Rick and almost got him killed, which after Big Tiny's death made it clear that Tomas was too dangerous and untrustworthy to be kept alive.

FSTargetDrone wrote:
Anyway, who else but me is supremely bored to tears with the Woodbury stuff?


I sure am. This season has really upped the ante in terms of tension and momentum, but Woodbury is dragging it down with the same old padded out, farting around formula of season 2. It doesn't help that not a whole lot happened at the prison this episode either. I certainly don't need every episode to be as fast-paced and eventful as last week's, but the prison storyline winding down would have been a good opportunity for things to pick up at Woodbury. The truth being revealed to Andrea would have made a good cliffhanger this week, and I sure hope that happens next episode because I can't take much more of this "should I stay or should I go" hokum. We already know the Governor is a psychopath, several of us knew from the beginning that he would be revealed to be a psychopath, so having to watch Andrea slowly discover the truth herself when she so obviously will is getting tiresome.

A question occurred to me while watching the recap of Lori's death that hopefully those with a better understanding of pregnancy can answer. Is there a reason they couldn't put a bullet through Lori's head before performing the C-section (which I'm going to say is the goriest thing I've ever seen on television) to make her death considerably less painful?

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-13 04:37pm
Offline
Emperor's Hand
User avatar

Joined: 2004-04-10 06:10pm
Posts: 7814
Location: Drone HQ, Pennsylvania, USA
Dread Not wrote:
Ralin wrote:
Ooh.

I missed that he got scratched. I thought Rick killed him because he broke ranks or swung too close to him when he took out that last zombie or something.

Tomas was the one Rick head-chopped, right?


Tomas wasn't scratched. They're talking about Tomas killing Big Tiny after he got scratched. Tomas likely did it because he didn't understand that to turn you have to first die of a fever, and he was too much of an impulsive psycho to ask questions before swinging the hatchet. Rick killed Tomas because he threw a walker into Rick and almost got him killed, which after Big Tiny's death made it clear that Tomas was too dangerous and untrustworthy to be kept alive.


Yeah some people might remember that after Tomas killed Big Tiny, Daryl quietly asked Rick if he'd seen the look on Tomas' face (words to that effect) and Rick told him to be ready at his signal when the time came to deal with Tomas.


Quote:
A question occurred to me while watching the recap of Lori's death that hopefully those with a better understanding of pregnancy can answer. Is there a reason they couldn't put a bullet through Lori's head before performing the C-section (which I'm going to say is the goriest thing I've ever seen on television) to make her death considerably less painful?


My guess would be that Maggie either didn't think about doing that, given the urgency of the situation, or possibly she hoped that Lori might survive long enough to at least see the baby.



Image

Droning on and on before it was fashionable.

Top
 Profile  
 Post subject: Re: Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers) PostPosted: 2012-11-13 09:18pm
Offline
Jedi Council Member
User avatar

Joined: 2005-01-12 05:55pm
Posts: 1644
Location: New York
FSTargetDrone wrote:

Anyway, who else but me is supremely bored to tears with the Woodbury stuff? Yes, Michonne is bad-ass and all that, but aside from being A Voice Of Reason for Andrea, I don't especially care about her character because she has just been dropped into the story with almost no development. All we know is that she had some sort of relationship (perhaps) with one or both of the guys before they became her pet walkers/pack mules (a clever use, actually). And comic back-story is no good because we can't assume that the viewer knows any of that. I'd just as soon see Michonne find her way to the prison and shack up with that gang to help out with any meeting between Woodbury's and the prison's occupants.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
I may be misremembering, but I feel like it became apparent a lot faster to everybody how fucked up Woodbury was, in the comic book, along with the Governor's brutality.
Andrea's utter "blinders on" combined with Michonne sticking around this long, when she is smart enough to figure out things aren't right haven't helped the show.



-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dragon, Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group