NCIS S10E2 "Recovery"

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

amigocabal
Jedi Knight

NCIS S10E2 "Recovery"

Post by amigocabal »

This episode deals with the mystery of an NCIS agent, Midge Watkins, who had been missing since the bombing of the NCIS headquarters. Meanwhile, Tony flirts with the NCIS facilities manager, and SecNav had ordered the NCIS HQ staff to undergo evaluations.
Spoiler
Abby meets her biological brother, introducing him to Gibbs.
Spoiler
The NCIS facilities manager had killed Agent Watkins. Apparently, her boyfriend, who had worked with Watkins, once had a fling with her. (Watkins had been recently widowed.) The manager had briefly left her boyfriend at the hospital, claiming to do it to bring a fresh shirt, but had done do to kill Watkins. She is caught by Tony just after throwing the murder weapon into the pond where Watkins was first found.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: NCIS S10E2 "Recovery"

Post by Crazedwraith »

So... what did you think of the episode? Or are you just here to post plot summaries in lots of stupid spoiler boxes?
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

It was a good episode, I'm not sure they needed the murder mystery except to satisfy the demands of the formula but whatever. Could've gone a little more into how people were still dealing with the bombing, but at least we got some of the effects from Tony, Abby and Director Vance. Also Ducky's issues of not feeling needed were handled well, and I give props to Palmer for at least trying though I can see why Ducky reacted the way he did. At least he too thanked Jimmy for the effort so he wasn't a total jerk.

And seriously amigocabal enough with the spoiler boxes. If you're starting a thread to discuss a specific episode, it should be obvious that you'll be discussing what happened in said episode so spoilers should be assumed.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Post by amigocabal »

Crazedwraith wrote:So... what did you think of the episode? Or are you just here to post plot summaries in lots of stupid spoiler boxes?
I liked the episode. It shows the cast having weaknesses, still dealing with the impact of the bombing.

It is interesting that the culprit of the crime was someone who had been introduced earlier in the episode with no apparent connection to the crime. Law & Order did that in many episodes.

Vance's outburst to the psychiatrist was brilliant.