Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-05 01:42pm
Sith Marauder

What non-fantasy or scifi work do you think would work best with a zombie apocalypse? As in, storywise, what TV show, movie or movie franchise or comic book or book series would be really interesting if it had a zombie apocalypse?

I really think it would have made an interesting season of the West Wing myself. Imagine the season as it starts normal, but there is a disease crisis, and there are arguments over healthcare reform and references to historical figures. The next week, there is an outbreak sweeping the country, and the CDC are doing what they can, while Jed Bartlet has meetings in the war room, and we see the reports, and there are many speeches made. The next week is about them declaring martial law, and trying to stop this thing as it's going nationwide. The next week is the international stage, as countries are closing their borders, and some are asking for help, while others are fighting each other, until there's a nuclear incident, and the Bartlett Administration has to head to NORAD or Raven Rock for the rest of the season. From there on, it's watching Jed face a crisis of faith, wondering why God would do this to them while the CJ handles declarations that the US is now under martial law.

So, what show would you want to see handle a zombie storyline and how would you want them to handle it?

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed,or numbered. I am a free man. My life is my own" Number 6
The Prisoner

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-05 01:45pm
Sith Devotee

Mythbusters - by creating innovative ways to blow up Zombie Buster.

You will be assimilated...bunghole!

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-05 02:01pm
Padawan Learner

Sharpe's Rifles.

Sean Bean + 95th rifles vs Napoleon's zombie hoards.

If it waddles like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a KV-5.
Vote Electron Standard, vote Tron Paul 2012

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-07 11:44pm
SD.net White Wizard

All in the Family: How do Mike and Archie clash over the issue of zombies?

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin

"People tell me, 'Bill, let it go. The Kennedy assassination was years ago. It was just the assassination of a President and the hijacking of our government by a totalitarian regime — who cares? Just let it go.' I say, 'All right then. That whole Jesus thing? Let it go! It was 2,000 years ago! Who cares?'"
- Bill Hicks

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-08 12:48am
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Location: The Great, Green Pacific Northwest! It's Raining...
Harsh Realm: DarZ for realz yo... Cancelled.

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-08 01:36am
Jedi Master

Flashman and the Walking Dead

"Always move with a group, and make sure you can run faster than they can. If you absolutely must, use another group member as bait, but only if the rest can't see you."

Eureka: "Lazarus"

"Fargo, What the hell did you do now!"

All Quiet on the Western Front.

"We had thought the gas, the trenches and the shelling had been bad. We hadn't counted on THEM."

Children of Men

"As if it wasn't bad enough that women stopped having babies, the dead had started to rise from their graves and attack the living. What was left of us anyway."

"These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

-Groucho Marx

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-08 02:42am
Sith Marauder

DrMckay wrote:
Eureka: "Lazarus"

"Fargo, What the hell did you do now!"

Children of Men

"As if it wasn't bad enough that women stopped having babies, the dead had started to rise from their graves and attack the living. What was left of us anyway."

Read the OP. NO science fiction.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed,or numbered. I am a free man. My life is my own" Number 6
The Prisoner

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-08 03:20am
Jedi Master

Burn Notice: The zombie plague has spread across the nation, and only pockets of survivors are left. Michael and the gang must use all their skills to protect a ragtag community of survivors from Zombies, Raiders, and the inevitable Evil Shadow Government!

Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-08 06:22am
Sith Marauder

The Thick Of It:

Malcom Tucker: Sure, they're fucking undead spawn from hell's arsehole. But one question: can the fuckers vote?

Andrew Marr's History of the World:
"And in the 3rd century AD, humans had to deal with the greatest issue yet: Zombies!. Kindoms fell, genocial warrior kings were forced into retreat and religions shuddered."

"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-08 10:14am
Cowardly Codfish

I always wanted to create a crossover fanfiction with Jason Bourne and World War Z, so that's what I'll do.

“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame"

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-08 11:25am
Sith Acolyte

Son of Anarchy. :twisted:

Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Broomstick.
-'It's amazing what you can pack into a human rectum.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 10:09am
NERRRRRDS!!!

DrMckay wrote:
All Quiet on the Western Front.

"We had thought the gas, the trenches and the shelling had been bad. We hadn't counted on THEM."

I remember playing a flash game some time ago that was basically this. At the end of WWI, the millions of dead started being raised as zombies, and the French, British, American, and German forces are forced to fight together to beat them back.

For my contribution, I'll go with the comedy option and say Dancing With the Stars.

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 07:14pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

The West Wing like the OP stated only:

A zombie outbreak is raging across the globe, how will Bartlett and his staff control the epidemic of the dead while still doing debate prep for the upcoming election against the pro-choice Republican Senator from Maine?

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 08:08pm
Jedi Master

There are so many people in "The Tudors" I would love to see meet their demise at the hands of a brain-starved zombie this is definitely my show of choice.

SoS:NBA / GALE Force

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 08:21pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Darth Lucifer wrote:
There are so many people in "The Tudors" I would love to see meet their demise at the hands of a brain-starved zombie this is definitely my show of choice.

Sans Sam Neill's performance in season 1 I'm shocked it wasn't a show about zombies.

If I had to pick characters to die a horrible edible death it would definately have to be everyone but Sawyer on Lost. And yes it's science fiction, but fuck you I doesn't cares!

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 08:38pm
SD.net White Wizard

Breaking Bad: A bad meth batch creates zombies. Hilarity ensues.

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin

"People tell me, 'Bill, let it go. The Kennedy assassination was years ago. It was just the assassination of a President and the hijacking of our government by a totalitarian regime — who cares? Just let it go.' I say, 'All right then. That whole Jesus thing? Let it go! It was 2,000 years ago! Who cares?'"
- Bill Hicks

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 08:40pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Gandalf wrote:

Would anyone know the difference between a meth head and a zombie? Aside from speed and ability to enter stolen PIN numbers into ATM's, I mean.

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 09:41pm
Kneel before Zod!

Hogan's Heroes. Colonel Klink and Sgt. Schultz have to team up with Hogan and his men to fight back the horde of zombies trying to break into the prison camp.

"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."

So I went and made a tumblr: http://angrymetrocommuter.tumblr.com/

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 09:44pm
SD.net White Wizard

Flagg wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

Would anyone know the difference between a meth head and a zombie? Aside from speed and ability to enter stolen PIN numbers into ATM's, I mean.

Room for social commentary.

Would people have an easier time shooting zombie meth heads as opposed to zombie anyone else?

- George Carlin

- Bill Hicks

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 09:52pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

General Zod wrote:
Hogan's Heroes. Colonel Klink and Sgt. Schultz have to team up with Hogan and his men to fight back the horde of zombies trying to break into the prison camp.

Unfortunately Schultz was eaten as they came from behind and he saw nuzzing!

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 09:53pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Gandalf wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Gandalf wrote:

Room for social commentary.

Would people have an easier time shooting zombie meth heads as opposed to zombie anyone else?

Easier as in emotionally, or easier as in aiming? Because meth heads can fucking RUN, dude.

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 10:17pm
SD.net White Wizard

Emotionally.

From what few I've actually seen, most people's first zombie kill is fraught with hesitation. Would there be so much if they were methheads?

- George Carlin

- Bill Hicks

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 10:33pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Gandalf wrote:
Emotionally.

From what few I've actually seen, most people's first zombie kill is fraught with hesitation. Would there be so much if they were methheads?

Well it's breaking bad, so I suppose we just suck it up and think of our annoying family.

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 10:52pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

24: Epidemic

Jack Bauer races against the clock to stop bioterror in the form of ZOMBIES from spreading around the world. And we get 24 episodes of Jack Bauer killing zombies and torturing Arabs.

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor

Post subject: Re: Turn a work of fiction into a Zombie show PostPosted: 2012-10-09 11:18pm
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Master and Commander: The Far Side of The World War Z

The Liberal Hate Machine
Kill them all!
-The Governor