NCAA Football 2012 Season

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: NCAA Football 2012 Season

Post by Thanas »

So....anybody believe Te'O was not in on the hoax?

2010-2011: Te'o and Kekua are friends. "She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them" (South Bend Tribune). "They started out as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So I had a girlfriend at Niagara Falls, but she died. :lol:
Man, fucking weird.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I think he is just gay and tried to hide it. Then it became more and more hard to hide the fact that he never seemed to be meeting her in person. So...she died.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Masami von Weizegger
Padawan Learner

Post by Masami von Weizegger »

Thanas wrote:I think he is just gay and tried to hide it. Then it became more and more hard to hide the fact that he never seemed to be meeting her in person. So...she died.
Wouldn't it have avoided a lot less scrutiny if he had just said "she turned into a jerk so we broke up"?

I mean, sure, he might have made it up to cover up his homosexuality or his insecurity around women or devout religious beliefs or anything else, but that doesn't explain why he puts her in a serious car accident in early 2012, has her recover AND discover she has leukaemia in June and kill her off for good in September but only after she graduates from Stanford. It doesn't really explain why he wrote to the parents of a small child dying of cancer empathising with their plight, as his girlfriend was going through the same thing.

The heat and attention started once the tragedies started. He also had at least one other person involved, a friend of the family, running her Twitter account and stealing pictures of a woman he (the friend) knew.

I can understand "I'm not gay. I have a girlfriend in Canada. You want to meet her? Oh we just broke up." I can't understand "I'm not gay. I have a girlfriend in California. You want to meet her? Oh she was in a car crash but she got better but she has cancer but she's getting better and she graduated and I'm writing letters to victim's parents and getting big media attention and oh no she died."
"That a man might embiggen his soul"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well, he could always be a huge sociopathic dick.
------------
------------
My LPs
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Or he could just be really fucking thick and naive and have been led on for years by some jokers.

I'm not sure if that of "is pathological liar" would very the better outcome for him.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Led on for years by some imaginary girlfriend he never met or even talked face to face to...except when they met according to his family. Either way, smells like BS.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Well knowing how Pacific Islanders feel about homosexuals, I wouldn't at all be surprised if this was all a cover for being gay. If it is, I wouldn't blame him for one second. He would basically be ostracized from every person he has ever known including probably every one of his his family members

OR he is just really super religious and naive and holy fuck stupid. He may only be smart about football.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"