So, found my roomate dead yesterday morning....

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

So, found my roomate dead yesterday morning....

Post by Frank Hipper »

My dog woke me up yesterday howling at my bedroom door, and almost immediately my one roomate (Roomate A) began yelling "Tom, Dwayne's dead! He's dead!"....

I ran downstairs to the basement, peeked around the door, and there lay Roomate B in his bed, white as a sheet. I walked up to the bedside, and he was laying there composed as for sleep with one eye half open...knowing full well he was dead, I put two fingers on his neck anyway just to be certain.
Yah, he was cold as ice.

Of course the family bickering over his pathetic few belongings has already started.
Drama, drama, drama.
Class is a concept so alien to some people that it leaves me floundering for words.

The deceased was hanging out with a friend Sunday night, and he was complaining of weakness, shortness of breath, and he was seriously swollen; his friend said he looked like he was several months pregnant.

My thoroughly amatuer guess is congestive heart failure, but we're still waiting for the coroner's verdict.

Yikes. :x
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: So, found my roomate dead yesterday morning....

Post by Thanas »

My condolences.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Sorry to hear about that, Frank.
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Wow, that's terrible. :( My condolences.

How old was your roommate? Was he of the age where this was a freak occurrence? I know that as a 22 year old, I probably wouldn't assume heart failure if I was experiencing those symptoms.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

just try not to punch any family members, they'll be gone soon.

here's to getting through it, and here's to Dwayne.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

OMG!
I am sorry to hear that, hon. My condolences to the family
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Fuck, man. That must've been quite a shock. My condolences.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

My condolences, man. Hope you're doing okay.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

And those are words I hope I never have to hear, my condolences for having to hear them.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2012-06-13 09:24am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Damn. Hope you're allright, and my condolences.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I'm sorry to hear that, Frank. That's got to be one of the worst ways to wake up in the morning. Condolences to all involved.
Lord Relvenous wrote:How old was your roommate? Was he of the age where this was a freak occurrence? I know that as a 22 year old, I probably wouldn't assume heart failure if I was experiencing those symptoms.
I've met some amazingly unhealthy 22 year old folks. These days, sad to say, I'm not entirely surprised to hear something like that even if it's still mighty disturbing.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

That's terrible. Hope you are coping as well as possible under the circumstances.
Lord Relvenous wrote:How old was your roommate? Was he of the age where this was a freak occurrence? I know that as a 22 year old, I probably wouldn't assume heart failure if I was experiencing those symptoms.
A very similar thing happened to a friend of mine in college. He was 22, and one morning his roommate found him dead in his bed in virtually identical circumstances. Turned out he just had some congenital heart defect, and it just failed him that night. Unfortunately, these sorts of things happen (happens a lot with athletes ... wasn't that long ago some basketball player collapsed during a scrimmage).
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Frank Hipper wrote:Of course the family bickering over his pathetic few belongings has already started.
Drama, drama, drama.
Class is a concept so alien to some people that it leaves me floundering for words.
Hopefully it won't be an issue for many, many years, but even as the youngest of 3 siblings, my parents have set me up as the executor of their estate and I'll have to handle basically everything when they depart. I've seen how people get when it comes to divvying up possessions after a death, even close family. I don't know if it's greed or a way they cope with the loss (or a combination), but they get ruthless fast.

Shit sucks. Sorry for your loss.
Broomstick wrote:I've met some amazingly unhealthy 22 year old folks. These days, sad to say, I'm not entirely surprised to hear something like that even if it's still mighty disturbing.
A friend's wife died at about the age of 25 of some form of heart attack or heart failure. She was in pretty good shape physically, didn't smoke, and barely drank. Kind of a health nut. She just... died one day. Bad shit just kind of happens sometimes.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Lord Relvenous wrote:Wow, that's terrible. :( My condolences.

How old was your roommate? Was he of the age where this was a freak occurrence? I know that as a 22 year old, I probably wouldn't assume heart failure if I was experiencing those symptoms.
He was 51, a chain smoker, HIV positive, and had been complaining for years(apparently, I've only known him 9 months) about chest pains.
He stubbornly refused to see or inform his doctors about the obvious (to everyone but him) red flags in regards to heart health.

He was...a problematic person to live with, and that's being very kind.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

I just hope you're coping well.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
General Mung Beans
Jedi Knight
Location: Orange Prefecture, California Sector, America Quadrant, Terra

Post by General Mung Beans »

My condolences. :( What a terrible event.
El Moose Monstero: That would be the winning song at Eurovision. I still say the Moldovans were more fun. And that one about the Apricot Tree.
That said...it is growing on me.
Thanas: It is one of those songs that kinda get stuck in your head so if you hear it several times, you actually grow to like it.
General Zod: It's the musical version of Stockholm syndrome.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Condolences Hipper...
Condolences to Dwane's Family.
yeah sounds like congestive heart failure....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Something similar happened to my best friend. He came home from work one day and found his roommate dead on his armchair. He was either in his late 20's or early 30's. He died of a pulmonary embolism. This happened a couple of weeks after he had surgery for his foot. I knew the guy too. A great guy all around and I still find it hard to believe he's dead.

My condolences Hipper.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

My condolences Frank.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Post by Bernkastel »

How awful. To have someone you know die is bad enough, but to find it out like that...

My condolences.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

He was 51, a chain smoker, HIV positive, and had been complaining for years(apparently, I've only known him 9 months) about chest pains.
Yeah... That'll do it...

My condolences man. That cannot be a good way to wake up in the morning. I hope you are coping well. If you need to talk/rant, you have my proverbial number (by which I mean AIM contact info)
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est