Don't Tell Colbert: bear saves hiker

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Don't Tell Colbert: bear saves hiker

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: Don't Tell Colbert: bear saves hiker

Post by Alyeska »

Bears are unusual creatures. They are not total predators like a lion or wolves. And they certainly can adapt to the local environment. This isn't the first time I've heard of a bear saving someone, but its got to be on of the most unique.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Re: Don't Tell Colbert: bear saves hiker

Post by ArmorPierce »

Interesting. I am guessing that the bear having seen the man over the course of several months did not consider him a threat but did not appreciate seeing a mountain lion in the proximity of her cubs which worked out for him.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.