[Now NSFW] Second idiot collapses while eating huge burger

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

[Now NSFW] Second idiot collapses while eating huge burger

Post by fgalkin »

No one can accuse The Heart Attack Grill of false advertising.

A woman collapsed into unconsciousness at the Las Vegas restaurant while eating a "double bypass burger," drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette.

The unnamed customer was the second in just over two months to collapse at the restaurant while eating one of the famed burgers named after various forms of cardiac arrest. Back in February, another customer was caught on video being carted out by paramedics after suffering a heart attack while eating a "quadruple bypass" burger.

The Heart Attack Grill's owner Jon Basso tells ABC News that the woman is currently recovering in the hospital. Basso told ABC that he himself has eaten at least one single bypass burger each day since his restaurant first opened seven years ago.

"It's a lifestyle issue," Basso said. "We attract the avant-garde of lifestyle seekers."

The Heart Attack Grill offers free meals to any customer who weighs over 350 pounds and features a butterfat milkshake, nonfiltered cigarettes, "flatliner" fries and four burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of "a single bypass" to the "quadruple bypass."

There's a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant's door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk. Waitresses in the restaurant even wear nurses' uniforms.

Last year, the company's 600-pound spokes-model died when he was only 29-years-old.

"It's the Mecca for unhealthy lifestyles," Bosso said.
Linky

Natural selection in action?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Re: Second idiot collapses while eating huge burger

Post by mr friendly guy »

Well there is also the NZ woman who died from a likely cardiac arrthymia, likely secondary to hypokalaemia, which is turned had a heavy contribution from her allegedly 8-10 L of coke every day.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/ap ... ders-death
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I have to say that the very name of a "butterfat milkshake" sounds disgusting...but it sounds almost like an assassination attempt when you offer something like that for free to massively obese customers.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I suspect that all these places are being run by secret NorK Commie Muslim Infiltrators killing off our precious citizens one by one and giving our troops DIABETES.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

"The avant-garde of lifestyle seekers" seems an appropriate term - like the leading part of an army we get the term from, these people are bravely marching into an ambush by innocent-seeming food, giving their lives so that the rest of us can learn from their example.

Which, of course won't happen. Who wants to bet that business at the Heart Attack Grill goes up for the next few months?
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Last edited by Thanas on 2012-04-26 05:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Idiot.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

I'd go to see the nurses 8) , but I think I'll stay away from the food.... :?
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Paging Nurse Tramp Stamp, Nurse Tramp Stamp table three needs a new bedpan o' fries.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I've been told that beef tallow makes a better french fry than lard.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Frank Hipper wrote:I've been told that beef tallow makes a better french fry than lard.
Thats true, but I've found the best fries are done with avocado oil. I'm on a quest to develop the world's best fries.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Jaepheth
Jedi Master

Post by Jaepheth »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:I've been told that beef tallow makes a better french fry than lard.
Thats true, but I've found the best fries are done with avocado oil. I'm on a quest to develop the world's best fries.

Have you compared avocado oil fries to duck fat fries? Because I've heard duck fat fries are fantastic and have been trying to find a place to try them.
Children of the Ancients
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is imaginary. Please rotate the phone by 90 degrees and try again.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Duck fat gives a good flavor, but my goal is to make fries tasty AND healthy.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Killjoy! Obviously the ultimate quest for french fries is to make them as tasty AND as bad for you as possible!

... although that might explain why nobody's found the Holy Grail of french fries. They all died before they found it. :?
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Crayz9000 wrote:... although that might explain why nobody's found the Holy Grail of french fries. They all died before they found it. :?
They chose... poorly.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Aaron MkII
Jedi Master

Post by Aaron MkII »

Do you have to sign a waiver when you eat there?
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

AFAIK, no. The implied waiver is when you walk in through the front doors -- the big letters on them say "This Establishment is Hazardous to your Health".
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

To the asshole who NSFWed the thread: please linkify your pic. I mean, seriously.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Paging Nurse Tramp Stamp, Nurse Tramp Stamp table three needs a new bedpan o' fries.
Coffee if we ever do the Testingtard Hookers N Blow-con we could totally have an event there. And then when they finish the Zip line that goes from the Luxor to Excalibur we puke on the tourists below.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Crayz9000 wrote:Killjoy! Obviously the ultimate quest for french fries is to make them as tasty AND as bad for you as possible!

... although that might explain why nobody's found the Holy Grail of french fries. They all died before they found it. :?
I like to imagine they found it AS they died. Like with the world's funniest joke.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: [Now NSFW] Second idiot collapses while eating huge burg

Post by Simon_Jester »

Can you actually have a heart attack triggered by the fat/cholesterol/etc. of a burger that you're eating right now? I always figured that kind of thing was cumulative.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

It is cumulative and takes hours to absorb. The amount of salt in such massive burgers is a lot more likely to cause a death sitting at the table then the cholesterol. In people with bad circulatory systems a sudden massive blast of salt can actually kill you several different ways and it soaks right into your bloodstream everywhere it touches flesh.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Mr. Coffee wrote:Paging Nurse Tramp Stamp, Nurse Tramp Stamp table three needs a new bedpan o' fries.
Coffee if we ever do the Testingtard Hookers N Blow-con we could totally have an event there. And then when they finish the Zip line that goes from the Luxor to Excalibur we puke on the tourists below.
Synchronized vomiting... I think we might just end up pioneering a new Olympic sport here, duder.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

That would be one of those sports where the women's version may be more interesting than the men's.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

fgalkin wrote:To the asshole who NSFWed the thread: please linkify your pic. I mean, seriously.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
In his defence, I can think of several places where you'd probably see equally NSFW sights just by looking out of your office window.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Darth Fanboy wrote:That would be one of those sports where the women's version may be more interesting than the men's.
Man, think of how much free publicity we could get for the sport by advertising Bulimics as athletes though. Imagine the headlines we'd get for advertising events like the "Women's 1.5km Binge, Zip, and Purge"? As long as it still involves ziplines, preferably that run over the top of the spectators it'll be totally worth it too.