NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Re: NFL 2012

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I didn't see a lot of the Chargers game, Elfdart, but I turned it one briefly - and just in time to catch that particular comedy of errors. WTF Chargers?
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Sephirius
Jedi Master

Post by Sephirius »

Guardsman Bass wrote:WTF Chargers?
norv.jpg
Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Flagg wrote:Haha that pussaholic Rivers is whining saying that Ray Rice didn't get the first down. Your shitty D-Line let the motherfucker run to the point that it was close enough to a FD (it WAS a FD) that it didn't really matter. 4th and 29, bitch.
What's even funnier is that the chargers played bowling with each other. At least two of the three who fell down did so because other guys tripped up and then, while falling, made contact with them.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

In all the Benny Hill going on in that play (and season) I just feel fucking terrible for Takeo Spikes. I mean, he wanted to start, and he still can, but no way he was going to in SF anymore, so he goes to the Chargers thinking they are a playoff contender in a horribly weak division and then the Broncos get Manning and his team falls apart.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Well, looks like it's finally curtains for Alex Smith in SF. I am totally bummed. I have been a staunch defender of him and his ability since he came into the league. I recognized his horrible situations and his toughness and determination and boy was I proven right.

He at the time of his concussion, was completing 70% of his passes, he was leading in yards per completion (he has only dropped to third since not playing) he was on pace to significantly increase, if not almost double, his TD production of last year, (17 through 16 games last year and 13 through week 10 this year) while maintaining his ridiculously low INT rate. He was 3rd in the league with a passer rating of 104 and over his last 25 starts he was 19-5-1. He was 1-1 in two playoff games winning a shoot out (wasn't it people saying that one of the most amazing and athletic runs by a QB they had seen in ages last year? ) against Drew Brees and having a completely off day against the Giants and still having them withing one bad special teams play from the Super Bowl.

I don't know what the future holds for Alex, but he is only 28 and is playing some of the best football out there at the QB position. If Gregg Roman or Vic Fangio get coaching jobs, which I'm worried they both might, I'm pretty sure Alex Smith with have a starting job next year as they will both be running the system that he has gotten so good in.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Yea, Havok, Alex Smith got done the dirty by Harbaugh for sure. I gained alot of respect for him when he beat the Saints in the NFC Divisional round. He was playing some damn good football this year except for that Giants game.

As for my Saints, I think they're done or pretty far out of the post season. Brees's last two games have been bad, 7 INTs he's in some sort of slump which I'm sure he'll come out of. The defense stepped up but the offense made too many mistakes to win the last two games, oh well shit happens.
Formerly the artist known as Captain Lennox

"To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me." - Sir Isaac Newton
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Christ, that game sucked to watch. I haven't seen Brees fuck up that badly in a while.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

NBCSports.com
Jovan Belcher murder-suicide leaves 3-month-old girl orphaned

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 1, 2012, 12:54 PM EST

Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and his girlfriend, who died Saturday morning in what Kansas City police described as a murder-suicide, had a 3-month-old daughter together.

The Kansas City Star reports that Police Captain David Lindaman confirmed that Belcher and his 22-year-old girlfriend had a 3-month-old daughter, and that Belcher murdered the girlfriend in front of the girlfriend’s mother, who was visiting her granddaughter. The girlfriend’s mother was unhurt and is being interviewed with police.

Police said that Belcher then went to Arrowhead Stadium, where members of the Chiefs’ staff met him and attempted to settle him down. Police were alerted, and when they arrived Belcher shot himself. The shooting was witnessed by members of the Chiefs’ staff, police said.

Belcher’s girlfriend, whose name is not being released at this time, reportedly was a student at a local community college and was introduced to Belcher by another Chiefs player.

Reports first surfaced early Saturday morning that a shooting had taken place at the Chiefs’ facility. It was lated confirmed that it was Belcher, a 25-year-old starting linebacker, who had shot himself outside Arrowhead Stadium after killing his girlfriend at a home in Kansas City.

The Chiefs are scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers at 1 p.m. Eastern on Sunday. The NFL told the Panthers to take their team flight as scheduled, and as of Saturday afternoon all signs are pointing to the game being played as scheduled.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Wow. What the fuck, SF #38? Did you bet big on St. Louis or something? Diving tackles into a QB who is already well into a slide is going to draw a 15 yard personal foul every damn time.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

The Cardinals suck so bad at this point that they lost to the Jets 7 to 6.

8 losses in a row. So much for looking halfway decent at the beginning of the season.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I don't even know...
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I was content to have Norv sent to Tower Green at the end of the season, but after this performance I want him and his master, The Lord of No Rings, out of here now!

Why?

Because at this point it's clear that Norv gave up on the game, the season, and his career. The Chargers had to win out for any realistic chance of sneaking into the playoffs -the bar set by Spamnose himself for continued employment in San Diego. Lose to the Bengals, Steelers, Panthers, Jets or Raitards and not only is the season over, but Norv's career as a head coach is finished too.

The Chargers have the ball inside the Bengals' 5-yard line TWICE, when they are having difficulty moving the ball. Why the fuck are you kicking field goals? Your career is on the line and you chicken out and play for 3-pointers? If Norv cares so little about keeping his job, why not search for a replacement now?

NOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRV!
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I root for the Chargers to lose just to read Elfdarts psych reports afterwards. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So Kaepernick huh?

Chicago: 16-23 243 yards 2 TD 0 INT 2 sack 4 rushes 10 yards

New Orleans: 16-25 231 yards 1 TD 1 INT 0 sacks 6 rushes 27 yards 1 TD

St. Louis: 21-32 208 yards 0 TD 0 INT 3 sacks 9 rushes 84 yards 1 fumble lost

Now those are obviously just game stats and don't tell the whole story, but is this what Harbaugh considers a "hot hand". He has gotten progressively worse stat wise over his three starts.

Lets look at the rest of the story for each game.

Chicago: The Bears on the defensive side of the ball changed up what they had done all year long and blitzed heavily and left single coverage on every receiver. Now as much as they excel in their Cover Two scheme they are mediocre at best when in man coverage. They also got zero turnovers. This is a team that had THIRTY takeaways in 9 games. Without those as we saw, the Bears defense is above average to good at best. On the offensive side Jason Campbell (107 yards passing, 2 INT) was horrid and they got only 71 yards rushing out of their running backs, meaning the Niners dominated and controlled the game in it's entirety. Not to mention Aldon Smith getting 5.5 sacks. Overall, it was an ideal situation for Kaepernick given the high efficiency passing offensive style offense the Niners run and the single coverage looks the Bears gave him most of the game.

New Orleans: Obviously, the defense won this game for the Niners. They scored 14 points on 2 Pick Six INTs from Brees and they sacked him 5 times. They also held him to only 267 yards. The running game of SF helped control the clock with 117 yards (not including Kaepernick's rushing yards). Still, without those two INT TDs the Niner offense managed only 17 points. Akers missed (which is becoming a BIG problem) two fieldgoals and was 1/3 on the day. This against arguably one of the worst defenses in the league. Keep in mind that even thought Brees struggled, he still put up three TDs against the number #1 scoring defense, at the time, in the league. Those two INTs were huge, not just for the 14 points they put on the board but for the points they kept Brees from scoring.

St. Louis: The defense played great and held the Rams to 6 points for almost 5 quarters yet the offense managed only 13 points. The problem is that Kaepernick directly provided 8 points to the St. Louis defense. Another missed field goal by Akers in overtime that could have beat the Rams. I scoffed at the idea of binging in Nate Kaeding, but this is 2 games now that, while I am not blaming Akers for, he could have bailed out the team and would have the Niners at 10-2 and competing for home field instead of 8-3-1 and having to fend off Chicago/Green Bay and the Giants for the second seed and a first round bye. Kaepernick was supposed to make the offense more dynamic, not more anemic and provide points to opposing defenses.

Overall, I am obviously not impressed. Yeah he can run for 50 yards, but his performances, once you get past the flash are pretty pedestrian. I would rather have Alex Smith and his consistency. Known performance over an unknown "higher ceiling".
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

And Elfdart rejoices.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

:( I shall miss his nervous breakdowns every Sunday.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Meanwhile, we lost to charlie batch. We'll never live this one down.

Meanwhile, long live the injury bug. Courtesy of the sun, added commentary by me:

Haloti Ngata: missed one game with shoulder and knee injuries (and is playing like the shell of what he once was ever since. Second season in a row with injuries limiting him)
Ray Lewis: will miss his sixth straight game Sunday with a torn triceps
Suggs: missed the first six games with an Achilles tear (and has since gone and injured/tore his biceps too.(
Lardarius Webb: done for the year after an ACL tear (best CB in the AFC)
Jimmy Smith: has missed four straight games after hernia surgery (starting CB)
Pernell McPhee: missed four games with a hamstring injury (starting DE)
Paul Kruger: missed one game with a back injury (just our best pass rusher)
Terrence Cody: missed one game with an arm injury (starting NT1)
Ma’ake Kemoeatu: missed one game with a knee injury (starting NT2)
Dannell Ellerbe: missed last week with ankle, knee and finger injuries - he was the best ILB on the team.
Emanuel Cook: season-ending broken leg in preseason
Ryan McBean: season-ending broken ankle in preseason

Only four defensive players have started all games this season.

Meanwhile, our OC forgets he has Ray Rice and that our receivers can run other routes than sideline ones. The middle of the field? What's that.

Screw me.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

I was wondering when Thanas would mope his way back into the thread after that one...

Sorry, man. Steelers didn't deserve to win that game.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Neither did we. Except for that drive stopper when Flacco was ruled down when in fact he pitched to leach. But that is just one drive and our offence stunk to high heavens.

We did not deserve to win that game. When you are in your own house and your D gives up big play all the time over the middle you deserve to lose.
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Flagg wrote::( I shall miss his nervous breakdowns every Sunday.
Oh bite my ass!

Besides, with my luck they might hire Wade Phillips, Cam Cameron or Rich Kotite to replace him. :shock:

Thanas wrote: Meanwhile, our OC forgets he has Ray Rice and that our receivers can run other routes than sideline ones. The middle of the field? What's that.

Screw me.
Look on the bright side: Norv will be available to coach your offense in less than a month!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Ravens need to wake up and get rid of Cameron. Flacco is never going to be Manning or Brady, or even Luck from the looks of it. He is Alex Smith East and Jo. Harbaugh needs to recognize that and get an offensive coordinator in there tha will feed the ball to your best player. Rice blasted that great long TD run in the 3rd quarter and then never touches the ball again... because o fucking playcalling? He has got to go.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:The Ravens need to wake up and get rid of Cameron. Flacco is never going to be Manning or Brady, or even Luck from the looks of it.
*shrug* You know, the mere presence of Cam Cameron makes it so hard to evaluate him to me. Look at Drew Brees and his situation - bad with Cameron and with a competent OC.....The trouble with Flacco is that if he gets competent playcalling he can dominate. If not, he is forced to throw to all streaks all day. He has got a great arm, is tough and can make all the throws. But his receivers are not getting open, there is a miscommunication or some other BS.

Heck, we even got Jacoby Jones to take pressure off Torrey Smith. It worked great...until the third game off the season, when it is the last time I remember Jones being the one whose number is called.
He is Alex Smith East and Jo. Harbaugh needs to recognize that and get an offensive coordinator in there tha will feed the ball to your best player. Rice blasted that great long TD run in the 3rd quarter and then never touches the ball again... because o fucking playcalling? He has got to go.
What saddens me most is that idiot keeping a ring from Ed Reed. If our offence had shown up in at least two of the last four playoff runs, we would have been in the Superbowl. ARRRGH.

Cameron seems to work under the impression that whatever is the hardest completion to make is the one to call. No misdirection, no using the middle of the field....God, I hate his version of the Air Coryell so much....

Always the same with Cameron. Give him three months to gameplan and he will pick you apart - that is why our season openers are that good. But after that there is always a slow decline.....screw him.

Elfdart wrote:Look on the bright side: Norv will be available to coach your offense in less than a month!
I don't know, Norv-coached offences have looked kinda terrible lately without two great receivers to work with.

Oh and if it wasn't a craptacular week enough, Suggs may actually be a giant wife-beating scumbag.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I think it's a little beyond "may" at this point. But hey, which team these days doesn't have a scumbag or two on it.

If you guys got Norv, oh man. The guy can call an offense. In one aspect, I do feel bad for the guy because he has had his talent slowly deteriorate in San Diego and Phillip Rivers has been taking a steady dose of stupid pills. He was great with Alex Smith the one year he was in SF and had he stayed things would have been a lot different over the last few years. He has been crap as an Head coach/OC, but when he can just OC he is great. If you guys snatched him up, that would be amazing for Baltimore. I mean, Rice, Flacco, Smith, Bolden... that is some pretty stellar talent that could really take a step forward with Norv.

I think even Eldart would be OK with Norv staying if he just stepped down to OC and let someone else take over as HC.

I just hope they don't steal Fangio or Roman.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:
Flagg wrote::( I shall miss his nervous breakdowns every Sunday.
Oh bite my ass!
Phillip Rivers does it for me. :P
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

How the heck was that an illegal hit on Ngata?
------------
------------
My LPs