NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

thejester
Jedi Council Member

Re: NFL 2012

Post by thejester »

That was ice cold from Kirk Cousins - TD pass and then conversion.
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well, it is easy to do that against our defence. Couldn't stop batch, can't stop any other backups. Not even when given 1:43, an 8 point lead and 85 yards to defend.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

How humiliating for the Steelers to get bitched at home (where the Chargers have NEVER won in the regular season) by a team with nothing to play for and a coach who is already fired!
:lol:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Geezuz, the Steelers, the Ravens and the Bengals all lost and all lost games they should have won. Especially the Steelers... the fucking San Diego Chargers coming into Pittsburgh in December to rip them up? :lol:

And Flagg... losing to the rookie led Eagles? C'mon man. :lol:

Here's hoping we don't flop against the Dolphins. I don't have the faith in Kaepernick the rest of the world apparently has.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Elfdart wrote:How humiliating for the Steelers to get bitched at home (where the Chargers have NEVER won in the regular season) by a team with nothing to play for and a coach who is already fired!
:lol:
You better be careful... if they go on a run, Spanos may decide to give them one more chance. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

thejester wrote:That was ice cold from Kirk Cousins - TD pass and then conversion.
Shannahan saw in SF what happens to a running QB in this league. I'm not saying it was a stroke of genius to also draft Cosuins, but it was damn good foresight.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thanas wrote:How the heck was that an illegal hit on Ngata?
It wasn't, but they are calling things so badly in favor of the offense on any kind of play like that... I mean wait until you see the "defenseless receiver" call the Bengals got against Dez Bryant in the Bengals/Cowboys highlights. Fucking ridiculous.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hey, what do you know... no third down conversions, 3 sacks, (and taking them instead of throwing it in bad situations) and receivers aren't getting open and the special teams bail us out.

Anyone that is seeing a difference between Kaepernick and Smith outside of ball velocity is fucking ridiculous and just seeing what they want to.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

How 'bout those Cardinals? :banghead:
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote: And Flagg... losing to the rookie led Eagles? C'mon man. :lol:
Michael Vick should drown them in a bucket for losing.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Man the worst part about the Hawks/ Cards game is that I have to watch it because I'm in the home teams viewing area, so they can't switch to a game that isn't a blowout.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wow... Ken Whisenhunt is gonna get the fucking axe. Giving up 38 points at halftime? Seattle is fucking coming.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

I'd feel bad for him if things from Arizona were people like us. :angelic:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Flagg wrote:Man the worst part about the Hawks/ Cards game is that I have to watch it because I'm in the home teams viewing area, so they can't switch to a game that isn't a blowout.
You are missing Frank Gore show LaMicheal James why he has been inactive all season. :lol: Man, he is fucking killing it today. I mean not huge numbers, but literally the running he is doing... it looks like he is a 2nd year player again.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

I wish my moms disability money would have come through last month instead of sometime later this month. I wanted to go see the 49ers play at Seattle.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Man. I'm starting to feel bad for the cardinals now. I guess even the humor of seeing a shit team get totally wrecked by a better than mediocre team wears off in the third quarter at 48-0. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

At this rate the Seahawks will serve up a 60-burger. :lol:

As I pointed out back when the Patriots scored 59 on the Titans, the team getting its ass kicked really should adopt Barry Switzer's "Game Plan For Losing":
"Because when you can't win a game, you need to run the clock, don't let it stop, don't throw passes incomplete . . . get the game over with, get on the bus and go home."
Exactly.
Last edited by Elfdart on 2012-12-09 06:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Dude, it's not even the 4th quarter in Seattle yet. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh fucking CBS games... now I can't watch either of the two NFC games that are still on.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Man, I love it when announcers give their retarded opinions about games. One of the booth turds in the Seattle game was bitching about them "running up the score". It's football for fucks sake. Play better defense.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Flagg wrote:Man, I love it when announcers give their retarded opinions about games. One of the booth turds in the Seattle game was bitching about them "running up the score". It's football for fucks sake. Play better defense.
Tim Ryan and that other schmuck are about the worst broadcast team going. Seattle was running off-tackle right/off-tackle left the entire second half -which is why the scoring peaked at 58 instead of 70 or more. All those inside runs between the tackles and nobody touches the running back until he's well into the secondary -if at all. The Cardinals' defense phoned this one in, pure and simple. Which reminds me:

All season long, Arizona's DC (Ray Horton) was being touted as a head coaching candidate. Not anymore!
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Christ, the Saints defense looked putrid. I'm glad I tuned out once the score hit 28-13 Giants, since it meant that I got to avoid watching them get completely rolled over later. No play-offs for them this year.

And the Sunday Night Game is . . . Lions vs Packers.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I could have told you that 2 weeks ago when the Niners beat them. They were third in their own division and no where near the second Wild Card spot. I actually could have told you that after week 4.

As for the Cardinals, I didn't see the game, did the players quit or were they just outclassed that badly?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:I could have told you that 2 weeks ago when the Niners beat them. They were third in their own division and no where near the second Wild Card spot. I actually could have told you that after week 4.

As for the Cardinals, I didn't see the game, did the players quit or were they just outclassed that badly?
Outclassed, then quit. It was the 9 turnovers.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So here is my worry.

Seattle:
@ Buffalo
vs San Francisco
vs St. Louis

San Francisco:
@ New England
@ Seattle
vs Arizona

We have probably two of the hardest road games of any team in consecutive weeks, whereas the Seahawks have an easy away game and an easy home game.

Obviously, I want to come out of this 3-0, but 1-2 wouldn't surprise me at all and the way that Seattle and New England play at home, 1-2 is unfortunately more likely than 3-0.
If that happens we would end up 10-5-1 and if the Seahawks schedule plays out in according to our 1-2 with 3-0 that would probably correlate, they would end up 11-5 and win the NFC West, sliding us to a wild card slot. If a couple other teams finish out 3-0 and wed o go 1-2 we could theoretically be out of the playoffs entirely. These next three games are fucking huge, because we couldn't beat the fucking Rams.

What I think happens is 2-1 in all honestly, with the loss coming at Seattle. I don't think Seattle is better or anything, it is just that all season we play two good games then let down. That puts Miami the first win, New England the second and then a loss or tie at Seattle. Arizona should be a cake walk and a win. I still think Seattle puts their next three away though leaving them at 11-5 and 11-4-1, which gives us the edge with one less loss if IIRC. Obviously the best thing to do would just be win all three and go 12-3-1 and then we won't have to worry about anything.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)