Davy Jones goes to Davy Jones' Locker

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Davy Jones goes to Davy Jones' Locker

Post by Flagg »

MSNBC
Monkees star Davy Jones dies at 66

By Gael Fashingbauer Cooper

Singer Davy Jones of The Monkees has died of a heart attack at 66, the medical examiner's office in Martin County, Fla., has confirmed to NBC News.

A statement issued by the medical examiner's office says that Jones complained Wednesday morning that he wasn't feeling well and was having trouble breathing. He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No suspicious circumstances surrounded his death, and his family has been notified. He is survived by his wife. Jessica, and four daughters.

The news was originally reported by TMZ.

Jones was most famous for his role in the pop group The Monkees, which was put together in 1965 for the TV show of the same name. With such hits as "Daydream Believer," "Last Train to Clarksville," "I'm a Believer," and "Pleasant Valley Sunday," and the "Monkees" theme song, the group sold more than 50 million records.

In 2008, Yahoo Music named Jones the top teen idol of all time.

After "The Monkees" disbanded in 1971, Jones sang solo as well as with various reincarnations of the group.

He also acted on stage and screen, with his most famous TV appearance as himself on "The Brady Bunch," in an episode where Marcia Brady was the president of his fan club and tried to get the singer to appear at her school dance. He also played Fagin in "Oliver!" on Broadway.

Recently, he played himself on an episode of "SpongeBob SquarePants."

He released his final album in 2009.

As recently as June of 2011, Jones told The Palm Beach Post that after a routine stress test, a doctor said he had the heart of a 25-year-old. "The doctor says my heart's so good, the door's open to do any kind of exercise I want," he told the paper.

Last summer, Al Roker of TODAY interviewed Jones and fellow bandmates Peter Tork and Micky Dolenz as the band, minus Michael Nesmith, prepared to tour. That tour was later canceled due to internal conflict.

In that interview, Jones joked to Roker "(Fans) used to throw their little briefs and things like that, and now they're throwing Depends."

Jones also poked fun at himself in a way that now seems tragic. "He used to be a heartthrob," joked bandmate Peter Tork in the interview. "And now I'm a coronary," said Jones with a laugh.

Upon hearing of Jones' death, Roker tweeted, "A little bit of my youth just died." The TODAY anchor had joined Jones, Tork and Nesmith to perform "Last Train to Clarksville" and "I'm a Believer."

Other musicians and fans also took to Twitter to mourn Jones. "Damn, Davy Jones is gone," wrote Questlove of The Roots. "I loved The Monkees."
Posted solely so I could use the title I've been waiting years for.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Re: Davy Jones goes to Davy Jones' Locker

Post by Dalton »

Fozzie-bear.jpg
Fozzie-bear.jpg (52.74 KiB) Viewed 876 times
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Flagg wrote:He also acted on stage and screen, with his most famous TV appearance as himself on "The Brady Bunch," in an episode where Marcia Brady was the president of his fan club and tried to get the singer to appear at her school dance. He also played Fagin in "Oliver!" on Broadway.
Actually, he played the Artful Dodger in Oliver! in his youth, and Fagin in his old age. But I guess only us old farts remember that now.

Damn, this sort of thing makes me feel old.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Flagg wrote: Posted solely so I could use the title I've been waiting years for.
Except you fail ; You have to be a sailor, or at the very least die at sea, to be claimed by Davy Jones.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
KhorneFlakes
Padawan Learner

Post by KhorneFlakes »

But what if Davy Jones IS The Davy Jones the locker is named for? What then?
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

PeZook wrote:
Flagg wrote: Posted solely so I could use the title I've been waiting years for.
Except you fail ; You have to be a sailor, or at the very least die at sea, to be claimed by Davy Jones.

Pedantry suits you. Killjoy. :(
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

KhorneFlakes wrote:But what if Davy Jones IS The Davy Jones the locker is named for? What then?

I don't think it works that way, since Davy Jones is either an euphemism for the Devil or Neptune.

I think we can all agree Neptune can't die of a heart attack :P
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.