Why it's not a good idea to bite of sheep's testicles.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Why it's not a good idea to bite of sheep's testicles.

Post by Spoonist »

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6048a4.htm

I'm a bit baffled to see this and that similar jewish thingie to still be prevalent...
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: Why it's not a good idea to bite of sheep's testicles.

Post by LadyTevar »

castrated lambs with their teeth.

Yeah they deserved to get sick.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

:wtf:

Uh... Who exactly thought that was a good idea?
Eulogy
Jedi Knight

Post by Eulogy »

There are safer ways than teeth to unbag balls. You'd think they would at least use rubber bands.

I feel queasy now. Thanks, Spoonist. :finger:
"A word of advice: next time you post, try not to inadvertently reveal why you've had no success with real women." Darth Wong to Bubble Boy
"I see you do not understand objectivity," said Tom Carder, a fundie fucknut to Darth Wong
S.L.Acker
BANNED

Post by S.L.Acker »

What I think is actually happening is that they open things up and then use their teeth to do the final bit. There was a clip about it on dirty jobs, those who want to see can likely google it.
Dave
Jedi Knight

Post by Dave »

If memory serves, Mike Rowe (of Dirty Jobs) made this process a central part of his TED talk. He said the farmers explained to him how it was done (this process of pulling the testicles out with their teeth) and he suggested the rubber band method instead. "Oh, the way the Humane Society recommends?" One of the lambs was given this rubber band treatment and after five minutes appeared to be in more distress then the one which had the knife applied. Rowe explains that it takes a day for the rubber-banded lamb to even get up and a week for the affected bits to fall off. Meanwhile the lamb with the surgery is prancing around, nibbling grass and enjoying life.

Rowe's TED talk starting at the relevant part. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-udsIV4Hmc&t=2m0s

I'm saying it's not a great way to catch diseases (it probably is) but that there is (apparently) a reason it is done this way.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

@Eulogy
You're welcome.
But why would you click a topic header with that title if you are squemish?

@Dave
That doesn't adress why they'd do it with their teeth. There are plenty of tools in the toolbox which could pull/tear like that. Neither does that adress other methods like Burdizzo etc, its not like this is some obscure arcane knowledge, instead this is a huge industry with several studies under its belt. This teeth thingie is just stupid.

Why you want to tear instead of cut is because it heals faster and better. Just like we do nowadays with human births.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Spoonist wrote:There are plenty of tools in the toolbox which could pull/tear like that.
Choose one.

Alternatively, and due to size restrictions, this would work as well

I guess that's what all the others (except to these two fine specimens) have used... Spoiler
I'll leave you alone to deal with your queasy feelings upon seeing these things... :D
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

looks like tools belonging on a torture rack. As to topic ewww and I thought Rocky Mountain Oysters were disgusting.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Akhlut
Sith Devotee

Post by Akhlut »

Spoonist wrote:Why you want to tear instead of cut is because it heals faster and better. Just like we do nowadays with human births.
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but from everything I've read, letting a woman tear instead of giving her an episiotomy is better, as an episiotomy is more likely to be a cause of problems than not. (source)

Now, whether that applies to scrotal tissue and the removal of testes, I'm not certain, but for animals that get neutered at a vet, a simple cutting seems to do the job reasonably well.
SDNet: Unbelievable levels of pedantry that you can't find anywhere else on the Internet!
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

In general, castration is done by scalpel or nippers, and left open. Bulls are done that way, Horses (who are notorious for bad healing due to their mobile lifestyle) as well. Horses are usually held in stable for a week to make it heal faster, but it's nearly without problems - and here, its done rather late, to human+ sized animals. I never seen a vet tearing tissue on purpose...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Akhlut wrote:
Spoonist wrote:Why you want to tear instead of cut is because it heals faster and better. Just like we do nowadays with human births.
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but from everything I've read, letting a woman tear instead of giving her an episiotomy is better, as an episiotomy is more likely to be a cause of problems than not.
Quite serious.
That and when we do c sections.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... x/abstract
You cut only the upper/surface then you pull/rip open the rest. This because a scalpel cut takes longer to heal and bleeds more than a tear.
Eulogy
Jedi Knight

Post by Eulogy »

Spoonist wrote:@Eulogy
You're welcome.
Because once you see the topic header, you can't unsee it?
"A word of advice: next time you post, try not to inadvertently reveal why you've had no success with real women." Darth Wong to Bubble Boy
"I see you do not understand objectivity," said Tom Carder, a fundie fucknut to Darth Wong
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Eulogy wrote:
You're welcome.
See=click?
So if I entice you with "youtube vid of a rabi explaining how and why one sucks blood from circumcised babies" you'd click that?
Eulogy
Jedi Knight

Post by Eulogy »

Spoonist wrote:
Eulogy wrote:
You're welcome.
See=click?
So if I entice you with "youtube vid of a rabi explaining how and why one sucks blood from circumcised babies" you'd click that?
One does not need to click a link to have bad mental images.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Guess I been going to the shock site to much as that bearly makes me raise an eyebrow. Either that or it's the lithium
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes