NFL 2011

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: NFL 2011

Post by Havok »

Did you mean the Ravens will beat the Texans?

And interesting... I hadn't considered the Football Gods willing a Manning into the Championship. Hmmmm.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

weemadando wrote:Breaking down the next round with workmate today after the TEBOWING.

If the Pats win, it'll be a 28-14 or 21-13 kind of game. But for a Denver victory I see a total goddamn blowout, 28-0 or 35-3 kind of game. Brady never finds his rhythm and the Pats D just falls apart on the field. I think Pats win a close game, but man, this fucking Denver team.
The pats had 12 games this season with 30+ points and 2 games 40+. The only three times the pats were here held to 20 points or less was against Rapist-burgh (loss), Dallas (win) and the Giants (loss), yet they still scored 17, 20 and 20 respectively in those losses. When Brady 'doesn't find his rhythm' he still manages a TD or two. So no, there will be no blowout. The pats haven't been blown out in years.

Denver is dead last in Passing offense, relying on their (admittedly awesome) running game. They fail to exploit the Pat's 'worse than everybody but Green Bay's pass defense. NE's run defense is actually pretty decent. I see them frustrating the Denver run game early and forcing Tebow into making just enough rookie bad decisions. Brady then carves up the field via Gronk and Hernandez . 31-24 New England.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Elfdart wrote: But the beauty of Tebowing is that you don't have to say anything, just strike a pose. It's fucking hilarious. You know what's even funnier? He swears, in the name of Baby Jesus, that he never shagged this girlfriend of his:

What's so funny about that? I believe him! :lol:
My mom sent me that photo in an email mentioning how Tebow has never fumbled. :twisted:
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Havok wrote:Did you mean the Ravens will beat the Texans?
No, I mean Texans beat Ravens. With how fucking unreliable we are this year, there's no way we beat a team as mediocre as these Texans. If it was Green Bay or the surging Giants - NO FUCKING PROBLEM, but a middle of the road team? Just watch us collapse.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Col. Crackpot wrote:
weemadando wrote:Breaking down the next round with workmate today after the TEBOWING.

If the Pats win, it'll be a 28-14 or 21-13 kind of game. But for a Denver victory I see a total goddamn blowout, 28-0 or 35-3 kind of game. Brady never finds his rhythm and the Pats D just falls apart on the field. I think Pats win a close game, but man, this fucking Denver team.
The pats had 12 games this season with 30+ points and 2 games 40+. The only three times the pats were here held to 20 points or less was against Rapist-burgh (loss), Dallas (win) and the Giants (loss), yet they still scored 17, 20 and 20 respectively in those losses. When Brady 'doesn't find his rhythm' he still manages a TD or two. So no, there will be no blowout. The pats haven't been blown out in years.
I know it's unlikely, but that's just the vibe/instinct/gut feeling I'm getting in the case of a Denver win as that kind of collapse on the NE side is what would need to happen. That's the depth of my analysis to it.
Denver is dead last in Passing offense, relying on their (admittedly awesome) running game. They fail to exploit the Pat's 'worse than everybody but Green Bay's pass defense. NE's run defense is actually pretty decent. I see them frustrating the Denver run game early and forcing Tebow into making just enough rookie bad decisions. Brady then carves up the field via Gronk and Hernandez . 31-24 New England.
As I said, tight scoreline but with NE winning is the more likely option.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Col. Crackpot wrote:Denver is dead last in Passing offense, relying on their (admittedly awesome) running game. They fail to exploit the Pat's 'worse than everybody but Green Bay's pass defense.
Uh... you did just watch the game correct?
Tebow just threw for 300 yards on the BEST pass defense in the league this season. They only gave up an average of 171 yards in the air a game.

Now, I'm not saying Tebow has finally become a great passer, but if they can light up Pittsburgh's strength, they will certainly not forget to do it against New England's glaring weakness.

John Elway telling Tebow to pull the trigger wasn't just a message to him, it was a message to the receivers and offensive coordinator.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Havok wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote:Denver is dead last in Passing offense, relying on their (admittedly awesome) running game. They fail to exploit the Pat's 'worse than everybody but Green Bay's pass defense.
Uh... you did just watch the game correct?
Tebow just threw for 300 yards on the BEST pass defense in the league this season. They only gave up an average of 171 yards in the air a game.

Now, I'm not saying Tebow has finally become a great passer, but if they can light up Pittsburgh's strength, they will certainly not forget to do it against New England's glaring weakness.

John Elway telling Tebow to pull the trigger wasn't just a message to him, it was a message to the receivers and offensive coordinator.
Yes. I also watched the week before when he had 6 completions for 50 yards against an under .500 team. One of the worst performances by a starting QB in history. My money is on the consistent performer with home field advantage.

*edit* also, this may be a good indicator of what to expect
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
HeadCreeps
Padawan Learner

Post by HeadCreeps »

A Tebow-led Broncos team has never beaten a single team with a blowout. They beat the Raiders once by 14, but everything else was practically by the skin of their teeth. If they blew out the Patriots, it would be hilarious, but ah.. no. The Patriots are not the Raiders. They have an even weaker defense. Ahem.

If Tebow beat the Patriots by more than 7, it wouldn't be worthy of his efforts. The man is destined to LEAD the team to VICTORY in the final moments. Nothing else will do.
Hindsight is 24/7.
[/size]
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

I have to admit that I actually do want the Broncos to beat the Patriots, but it's total self interest. If they beat the Patriots and we beat the Ravens then the AFC Championship will be here and I'll get to watch it from the comfort of my seat in Reliant Stadium while cheering myself hoarse.

I don't think it's realistically going to happen. But a man can dream.

Frankly, I think we have a better shot at beating the Ravens than the Broncos of beating the Patriots, which isn't saying much.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Just wait three years and you can have Norv replace him! :lol:

I hear Rich Kotite was too busy.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Now now. There is one thing that Marty can do and that is build a very talented and competitive team. Elfdart agrees on that.

At the very least, you won't have a team that regresses after a good season.

It would be a good hire.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:Now now. There is one thing that Marty can do and that is build a very talented and competitive team. Elfdart agrees on that.

It would be a good hire.

I'm not buying it man. I'm not buying it.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

The Spartan wrote:I have to admit that I actually do want the Broncos to beat the Patriots, but it's total self interest. If they beat the Patriots and we beat the Ravens then the AFC Championship will be here and I'll get to watch it from the comfort of my seat in Reliant Stadium while cheering myself hoarse.

I don't think it's realistically going to happen. But a man can dream.

Frankly, I think we have a better shot at beating the Ravens than the Broncos of beating the Patriots, which isn't saying much.
HERESEY! The football gods demand a New England-Baltimore AFC Championship game.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Flagg wrote:
Havok wrote:Now now. There is one thing that Marty can do and that is build a very talented and competitive team. Elfdart agrees on that.

It would be a good hire.

I'm not buying it man. I'm not buying it.
You just have to look at his numbers.

With the Browns from 84-88 he posted a record of 44-27 with four playoff appearances, three AFC Central Division titles, and two trips to the AFC Championship Game.

With the Chiefs from 89-98 he posted a record of 101-58-1 with seven playoff appearances, three AFC West Division titles, and a trip to the AFC Championship game in 1993

With the Chargers from 02-06 he posted a 47–33 record with 2 playoff appearances.

Now, and Elfdart and I have discussed this before, Schotenheimer is a damn fine coach that has come across some buzzsaws in the playoffs by the names of Elway, Kelly, Brady, Marino.

But, many of his loses come from bad luck. One unlucky moment that stands out to me is in the playoff loss to the Patriots, when before the game he specifically tells one of his defensive backs that in the 4th quarter, if you get an interception just go down. The problem with that? He told the wrong defensive back because someone else got the interception in the 4th quarter that would have sealed the game, except he didn't go down, got stripped and the ball went back to the Patriots. That's the kind of luck he has had.

The man can flat out coach, and find talent. He has been more unlucky than anything in the playoffs.

Also, look at the teams he built and coached after he left...
Cleveland? 4 winning seasons since he left.
Kansas City? 5 winning seasons since he left.
San Diego? Well, after a 14-2 season and losing to the Patriots in the game I mentioned above, the Chargers have since gone 11-5, 8-8, 13-3, 9-7, 8-8. Not as drastic of a dropoff, but Marty and Butler/Smith had the team absolutely fucking stacked with talent by the time he left.

Now I doubt he actually gets the job, but if I was looking for a man that can mold and motivate a VERY young team, and with the talent that is there right now before he even gets a couple of drafts, I would be ecstatic to have Schotenheimer.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I look at this way: If you have a very young team in need of guidance and leadership, there's nobody better than Schottenheimer. He WILL build a consistently-winning team for you: one that blocks and tackles and doesn't pussy out in tough games.

The only problem is that in playoff games, he plays not to lose rather than playing to win.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Looks llike Jackson is out in Oakland. Meaning evertone is out in Oakland. And the weirdest possibility? A 3-4 defense in Oakland?!
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Well I guess it's better than practically hiring some dumbshit off the street like they did with Morris the defensive genius with the worst defense in the league.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Col. Crackpot wrote:HERESEY! The football gods demand a New England-Baltimore AFC Championship game.
The football gods can kiss my ass.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
HeadCreeps
Padawan Learner

Post by HeadCreeps »

BAL/NE
GB/NO
would be the most boring piece of crap scenario ever, and it's kind of likely.

I'm pulling for the opposite of that, obviously. Hoping for DEN vs NYG in the Super Bowl.

Bengals OC Gruden says he's staying; Zimmer is possibly going to the Phins or Bucs. A surprising number of bitchy, whiny Bengals fans are for whatever reason cheering for Zimmer to go. Idiots.
Hindsight is 24/7.
[/size]
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Probably because while the Bengals defense has been really good at times, they have been inconsistent over the last couple of years. That and Bengals fans are dumb.

It's great for the young offense that Gruden is staying. He may end up replacing Marvin Lewis when he gets fired.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So who are the candidates for the Offensive Coordinator in San Diego Elfdart?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I think it will be John Ramsdell (QB coach) or Hal Hunter (O-line coach). Not that it matters since Turner designs the offense, the game plan, and calls the plays.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

HeadCreeps wrote:BAL/NE
GB/NO
would be the most boring piece of crap scenario ever, and it's kind of likely.

I'm pulling for the opposite of that, obviously. Hoping for DEN vs NYG in the Super Bowl.

Bengals OC Gruden says he's staying; Zimmer is possibly going to the Phins or Bucs. A surprising number of bitchy, whiny Bengals fans are for whatever reason cheering for Zimmer to go. Idiots.

Denver and New York would be boring as shit... not unlike that BCS Championship the other night. Contrary to what Tim Tebow believes, an 8-8 team in the Superbowl would make the baby jesus cry. And how would those matchups be boring? New England, Green Bay and to a lesser degree New Orleans have the worst pass defenses in the league. Put the three best quarterbacks in the league into the mix and you could possibly have two teams in the Superbowl ripping the bejesus out of each other. The over under on a Packers-Pats matchup is likely to be in the 70's! lol
HeadCreeps
Padawan Learner

Post by HeadCreeps »

Because I find each of those teams uninteresting? Oh wow, QBs you know are great (also, Flacco) competing in the biggest games of the year. Let me contain my excitement.
Hindsight is 24/7.
[/size]