NFL 2011

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: NFL 2011

Post by Thanas »

Thanks Texans #94 for committing two personal fouls back to back at the tex 1 yd line.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

So what, the NFL cracks down on players getting into scuffles and now the coaches do it?
01:30 – A postgame handshake between an exuberant Jim Harbaugh and disappointed Jim Schwartz ended in a scuffle between the two sides after the 49ers beat the Lions 25-19.
:wtf:
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

That's on Harbaugh.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Man, the texans are regretting not giving leach his worth right about now. He destroyed their MLB.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Ravens win.

Gotta give credit to the Texans though - tough guys, great pass rush. Nice hug between Mason and Harbaugh at the end.

Good luck to the Texans.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thanas wrote:That's on Harbaugh.
No it's not. That's on Scwartz for being butthurt.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I'm somewhat impressed with Christian Ponder right now. Granted it's garbage time, but he avoided the rush without going into panic mode and made some nice throws. The Vikings should be thankful for the Dolphins, otherwise they'd be the worst team in pro football.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

As for the reason Schwartz was so butthurt.

A 9 game win streak snapped. The first time this season Detroit was held under 20 points. No TDs for Johnson. No running game. No domination from your defensive line, while that vaunted defensive line got ran over and your china doll QB was sacked 5 times. Most importantly, the tie breaker for playoff seeding. Why is that so important? Because the Lions still have to play the Packers twice, and the Bears again at Soldier Field in their division. While the Niners still have the Rams and Cardinals twice in theirs. The Lions are also now behind those Packers in the standings going into those games.

As to why Harbaugh was so pumped after the game.

5-1. 3 Cross country road wins. Sitting on a 3 game lead in the division, the #2 seed in the conference, the next 4 games against the Browns, Redskins, Giants and Cardinals with a bye before that. A team that can now overcome mistakes instead of succumbing to them, a team that has limited the majority of those mistakes, a team that can finish, a team that can run, pass and play defense.

That Baltimore game in 6 weeks is looking SOOOO good. I am also no longer chalking that game up as an automatic loss.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:
You know I like the guy, but what Harbaugh did was classless.
------------
------------
My LPs
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

I would describe our loss as "Kubiakesque".
Thanas wrote:I doubt Johnson will be back that quickly. Our guys who had similar injuries are taking longer than two weeks to heal....
You may be right. I'm only repeating what I hear on the radio where they've been saying that he'd probably be back in about three weeks from when he got hurt.

Which, looking at my calendar, would put him back in the lineup the weekend after next. :? Whoops. Got the dates mixed up.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thanas wrote:
Havok wrote:
You know I like the guy, but what Harbaugh did was classless.
So. Even if that is true, it doesn't excuse Schwartz for going to look for a fight. He overreacted and he knows it. And his excuses hold no water as he is notorious for being an obnoxious douche on the sideline.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Harbaugh started it. Yeah, Schwartz was sore as well, but Harbaugh started it. That is not how a coach is supposed to behave, it is unprofessional and classless. Harbaugh breached etiquette and he should know better.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Wow. Revis gets away with so much PI and holding it is not funny.
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote: So. Even if that is true, it doesn't excuse Schwartz for going to look for a fight. He overreacted and he knows it. And his excuses hold no water as he is notorious for being an obnoxious douche on the sideline.
Why am I not surprised? There's quite a history of douchebaggery from current and former Oilers/Titans coaches.

I remember Chuck Cecil from last year, too. Schwartz should have just filed that one away for future reference next time the Lions play the 49ers. Now he looks like a WATB.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Thanas wrote:Wow. Revis gets away with so much PI and holding it is not funny.
If you're talking about the pick, that's on Marshall for instigating contact and running right into Revis. Oh, and the INT is on Marshall too for running a pass pattern with his head down and not looking back for the ball. If nothing else he should have grappled with Revis to make sure he didn't get the ball.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thanas wrote:Harbaugh started it. Yeah, Schwartz was sore as well, but Harbaugh started it. That is not how a coach is supposed to behave, it is unprofessional and classless. Harbaugh breached etiquette and he should know better.
No, Harbaugh did not start it. If Harbaugh breached the etiquette or protocol, that Schwartz seemed to be well aware of, then he should not have acted like an ass in response. Harbaugh was overly excited about a great win. Schwartz was overly butthurt about a bad loss, but Schwartz started the altercation.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:
Thanas wrote:Harbaugh started it. Yeah, Schwartz was sore as well, but Harbaugh started it. That is not how a coach is supposed to behave, it is unprofessional and classless. Harbaugh breached etiquette and he should know better.
No, Harbaugh did not start it. If Harbaugh breached the etiquette or protocol, that Schwartz seemed to be well aware of, then he should not have acted like an ass in response. Harbaugh was overly excited about a great win. Schwartz was overly butthurt about a bad loss, but Schwartz started the altercation.
Oh, so Schwartz slapped Harbaugh condescendingly on the back and cursed at him then?
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ever play football? That is not a condescending slap. That is a good fucking job slap. He also didn't curse at him. He supposedly said "Fuck yeah", but it was after the shake and back slap as he was already moving away from Schwartz. And as I said, if Schwartz new this was such a breach of protocol and gets so insulted when that happens, he should have been the professional and just let it go, instead, HE started the altercation between the two teams and coaches by going up and doing a half asses pussy shoulder shove that he immediately found refuge from behind his players and coaches.

And again, this is a guy that was swearing at an opposing player during a game earlier in the season, not to mention yelling at Harbaugh in a decidedly condescending way, earlier in the game.

This is all Schwartz being a butthurt whiney sore loser at worst, and at best, just not liking his own medicine.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man, if the Dolphins get the first or second pick, or if they even hint they are trading up to the top spot... Luck is gonna stay in fucking school. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:Ever play football? That is not a condescending slap. That is a good fucking job slap. He also didn't curse at him. He supposedly said "Fuck yeah", but it was after the shake and back slap as he was already moving away from Schwartz. And as I said, if Schwartz new this was such a breach of protocol and gets so insulted when that happens, he should have been the professional and just let it go, instead, HE started the altercation between the two teams and coaches by going up and doing a half asses pussy shoulder shove that he immediately found refuge from behind his players and coaches.

And again, this is a guy that was swearing at an opposing player during a game earlier in the season, not to mention yelling at Harbaugh in a decidedly condescending way, earlier in the game.

This is all Schwartz being a butthurt whiney sore loser at worst, and at best, just not liking his own medicine.
Schwartz definitely came off as a pussaholic to me. Oh noes, I got slapped on the back too hard!
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Thanas wrote:Oh, so Schwartz slapped Harbaugh condescendingly on the back and cursed at him then?
I don't think that was a condescending slap at all. It's an exuberant one, but he's clearly celebrating and not demeaning his opponent.

As for Schwartz, I know what he said happened, but if you actually watch the replay, Schwartz is the one who swears after what happened. Nolan said something, but Schwartz was the one who yelled the obscenity.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Harbaugh, not Nolan. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Havok wrote:Harbaugh, not Nolan. :D
D'OH! Yes, obviously. :banghead:
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The incident this most reminds me of is when Jerry Glanville and Chuck Noll started bickering after a game because Noll thought Glanville's team was playing dirty with a bunch of late hits. Noll wasn't one for throwing fits in public so he ran up the score against Houston and had his guys give the Oilers a taste of their own medicine next time they played. Sam Wyche of the Bengals did the same thing, running up the score 61-7 -including calling a time out with seconds left in the game to score one last time against "Jerry's Kids".
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Havok wrote:Harbaugh, not Nolan. :D
D'OH! Yes, obviously. :banghead:
It's OK. Smith had his first Nolan Era performance this year. Understandable. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)