saudis rally for 9/11 reperations

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Enforcer Talen
Warlock

saudis rally for 9/11 reperations

Post by Enforcer Talen »

lmao.

A group of Saudis plan to sue the U.S. government and media organizations for the alleged psychological and financial damage they suffered in the aftermath of September 11, their lawyer said on Wednesday. "Tens of Saudi nationals seriously plan to file lawsuits against U.S. government, civil and media entities, the majority of whom are students who had been attending American universities and were forced to leave," Saudi lawyer Katib al-Shamri said.
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

They have more standing then the people in America trying to sue them for 1 Trillion Dollers(2.3 BILLION a head for each memeber of the law-suit NTM Lawyer fees)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Yeah, unfortunately I can see their point. I think that Saudi Arabia has been unfairly blamed for the actions of a few of its citizens, but I really don't think it a good idea for the Saudis to be suing. If anything, it is likely to perpetuate the conflict. I don't think this is the right thing to be doing. For either side.

I also disagree with some parts of the trillion dollar lawsuit, which appears to have been made because someone needs to be responsible, and a billion is too little.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

This is rather like a car theif injuring himself while trying to steal a car and suing the car owner for damages.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Azeron
Village Idiot

Post by Azeron »

What BS.

this suit is a joke. Foriegners are hear at the pleasure of the US government. Since they are not citizens, They can be removed by the government at any time for any reason. You don't like our removal policies, don't come in the first place. Last time I checked the constitution, it didn't say foriegners have the inalienable right to be here. It would appear that the founders intended to give the Federal government broad powers to regulate the traffic of non citizens.
The Biblical God is more evil than any Nazi who ever lived, and Satan is arguably the hero of the Bible. -- Darth Wong, Self Proffessed Biblical Scholar
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

If this works, I'm suing every country on Earth because widespread anti-Americanism has caused me psychological damage (especially when anti-American foreigners fly airplanes into skyscrapers and the like). Fuck the Saudis, their lawsuit, and their lawyers. No, scratch that. Double fuck their lawyers. With heated instruments, if at all possible.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Reperations for what? They fund just about all the Arab ism in the world. It's not like they're going to get their trillion dollars back.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

What ever they win, they are welcome to in the form of Mk84 and BLU-109 bombs with attached guidance kits, delivered from 15,000 feet in a shallow dive..
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
GREAHSIAM
Youngling

Poor babies.

Post by GREAHSIAM »

The A-Rabs sure hate us here in "Great Satan". But they sure do like the green of our money. Without America the oil trillionares would be nothing more then goat herders. F**k 'em. Lets pull out of Saudi Arabia. After one of their neighboring "allies" invades them and kicks the fat-ass elite out, then there will be screams of "America!, America!, SAVE US!!".
(Damn, this is a great soapbox!!) :lol:
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I believe I speak for everyone:

Fuck 'em.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
starfury
Jedi Master

Post by starfury »

The A-Rabs sure hate us here in "Great Satan". But they sure do like the green of our money. Without America the oil trillionares would be nothing more then goat herders. F**k 'em. Lets pull out of Saudi Arabia. After one of their neighboring "allies" invades them and kicks the fat-ass elite out, then there will be screams of "America!, America!, SAVE US!!".
Right, considering that they help fund the extremists who caused 9/11 in the first place.
"a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic"-Joseph Stalin

"No plan survives contact with the enemy"-Helmuth Von Moltke

"Women prefer stories about one person dying slowly. Men prefer stories of many people dying quickly."-Niles from Frasier.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Right, considering that they help fund the extremists who caused 9/11 in the first place.
So did American's

Lots of people helped Fund them, You could validly claim that not as much as they did, I just wanted to make the point that few people are without blaim

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

RedImperator wrote:If this works, I'm suing every country on Earth because widespread anti-Americanism has caused me psychological damage.
Don't sue me. I love America. Honest :cry:

Wouldn't be good if the war could be fought in courts instead of sending actual soldiers?
But then.. Forget it.. The U.S is also the Superpower of lawyers.
Nobody would stand a chance
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Lawyers or Army your pick, you won't do to good aginst either

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Howedar wrote:I believe I speak for everyone:

Fuck 'em.
Actually, no, you don't speak for me. And I say fuck you.

But really. This kind of lawsuit is fucking pointless. Just like any invasion of Iraq, or even an ongoing war on terror. Just get on with your insignificant and pointless lives. Shit happens.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

Why does everyone think that a huge pile of money will solve all theitr problems. ie, the trillion dollar lawsuit, as if that will help bring back their loved ones. It's the goddamn lawyers faults, fucking ambulance chasers, it's their faults that doctors can't afford malpractice insurance and don't want to be doctors anymore or can't afford to.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

weemadando wrote: Actually, no, you don't speak for me. And I say fuck you.
Very well, fuck you too. Glad we got that settled.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.