THE FUNNY ONE

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Dalton wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
Dalton wrote:That would be old age setting in, Rob. I'll have to get Lee to keep an eye on you ;)
But he's older than me. :shock: It would be "The Senile leading the Senile" there. :lol:
Damn man, I have GOT to get you a live-in nurse.
Young, nubile and pert, with a short uniform and tight top? Wow, it suddenly pays to be senile... now if I could only remember what I'm supposed to do with her. :P
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Frank Hipper wrote:George Carlin, just to pick one as being the best. But there are so many good ones out there.

Jim Breuer looking appropiately stoned for the senile Mr. Wilson. :D
http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/96/23/04_2_1.jpg
nope, definitely don't know him. But on the matter of Comedians I forgot to list there's : Dave Allen, Rory Bremner, Harry Hill, Henry Rollins, Chris Rock (Richard Pryor lite) and Jo Brand (her early tv and stand-up).
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Mark S
The Quiet One

Post by Mark S »

Frank Hipper wrote:George Carlin, just to pick one as being the best. But there are so many good ones out there.

Jim Breuer looking appropiately stoned for the senile Mr. Wilson. :D
That's funny. I was just listening to Breuer's 'Party in your stomach' routine again the other night at a friends place. Laughed my ass off.
Writer's Guild 'Ghost in the Machine'/Decepticon 'Devastator'/BOTM 'Space Ape'/Justice League 'The Tick'
"The best part of 'believe' is the lie."
It's always the quiet ones.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Rob Wilson wrote:Young, nubile and pert, with a short uniform and tight top? Wow, it suddenly pays to be senile... now if I could only remember what I'm supposed to do with her. :P
Bertha might have been nubile twenty years ago, but now I think she's more of an angry sadist with more wrinkles than a wet prune.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I like Robin Williams, Jon Stewart, and Conan O'Brien. I haven't seen much of the others.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Bill fucking Hicks.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Dave Attell: "The moon is the whore of astronomy. Everybody's seen it, a bunch of guys have been on it, someone drove a car over it once..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JADAFETWA
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Chris Rock, George Carlin, Eddie Griffin, and, believe it or not, Robin Williams. He's funny as hell when he's not doing kids stuff.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
CmdrSweevo
Requiescat in Pace

Re: THE FUNNY ONE

Post by CmdrSweevo »

The Great Unbearded One wrote:What's your favorite comedian? Mine has to be Billy Connolly...but who is yours?
:: looks at time :: Would this have anything to do with our MSN convo last night?

Anyway, Mike Harding's fantastic...
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

CmdrSweevo wrote:
The Great Unbearded One wrote:What's your favorite comedian? Mine has to be Billy Connolly...but who is yours?
:: looks at time :: Would this have anything to do with our MSN convo last night?

He did the music for DangerMouse you know. :D

Image Image
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

Frank Hipper wrote: Image

Mmmm, jaundice.
「かかっ―」
The Great Unbearded One
Padawan Learner

Post by The Great Unbearded One »

Rob Wilson wrote:
CmdrSweevo wrote:

DANGERMOUSE ROCKS.

To quote the toy my little bro got me for x-mas

''DANGERMOUSE, THE WORLDS GREATEST SECRET AGENT!"
"Drama is just life with all the boring bits cut out!" - Hitchcock
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

The Great Unbearded One wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
CmdrSweevo wrote:
DANGERMOUSE ROCKS.

Just for you (as you probably missed the thread the first time), go here for the written lyrics for the End titles, and then three posts further down you'll find a little downloadable present as well. Enjoy. :D

Image Image
CmdrSweevo
Requiescat in Pace

Post by CmdrSweevo »

Rob Wilson wrote:
CmdrSweevo wrote:

Yeah, someone (probably Unbeareded) told me. I had no idea. Duckula too, apparently :)
The Great Unbearded One
Padawan Learner

Rob Wilson wrote:
The Great Unbearded One wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote: He did the music for DangerMouse you know. :D
DANGERMOUSE ROCKS.

Just for you (as you probably missed the thread the first time), go here for the written lyrics for the End titles, and then three posts further down you'll find a little downloadable present as well. Enjoy. :D
Quite simply - :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

CmdrSweevo wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
CmdrSweevo wrote:
Yeah, someone (probably Unbeareded) told me. I had no idea. Duckula too, apparently :)
One of the things I remember about him, was he used to do jokes about political correctness in the 70's/80's before the term even existed! Damn but I wish I could remember the Horlicks joke properly. That and his songs of course (For some reason I have an Image of Napolean in Yorkshire :? ).

Lastly a bit of sound advice from Mike (if i can remember it properly):
When plagued with Encyclopedia Salesmen, simply invite them in, offer to make them a cuppa and quietlynip out the back door. Then go to a Phonebox, call the Police and tell them you're being burgled and the culprit is still in the house. :twisted:

Image Image
CmdrSweevo
Requiescat in Pace

Post by CmdrSweevo »

Rob Wilson wrote:
CmdrSweevo wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
LOL I haven't heard that one. Most of his stuff I've heard came from the One Man Show and Mrs Harding's Kid albums.
Hamel
Sith Marauder

Post by Hamel »

Robin Williams
"Right now we can tell you a report was filed by the family of a 12 year old boy yesterday afternoon alleging Mr. Michael Jackson of criminal activity. A search warrant has been filed and that search is currently taking place. Mr. Jackson has not been charged with any crime. We cannot specifically address the content of the police report as it is confidential information at the present time, however, we can confirm that Mr. Jackson forced the boy to listen to the Howard Stern show and watch the movie Private Parts over and over again."
The Great Unbearded One
Padawan Learner

LOL, just seen a load of Rowan Atkinsons stuff for Comic Relief....very very very funny stuff. Especially his Indian Waiter and Devil sketches. Not to mention the bears that go sha-la-la-la-la! :D :D Great stuff! :D
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

CmdrSweevo wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:
CmdrSweevo wrote:
I think it was from the Anarchists handbook, I have it here somewhere but can't find it. It also has the PC version of the Horlicks joke, which I can't remeber the full words to. :(

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

The Great Unbearded One wrote:LOL, just seen a load of Rowan Atkinsons stuff for Comic Relief....very very very funny stuff. Especially his Indian Waiter and Devil sketches. Not to mention the bears that go sha-la-la-la-la! :D :D Great stuff! :D
His Indian Waiter and Devil are actually from 'The Secret Policeman's Ball' and 'The Secret Policeman's other ball'. Did they show them on Comic Relief on Friday? I missed it, as i was out with friends.

Image Image
The Great Unbearded One
Padawan Learner

Rob Wilson wrote:
The Great Unbearded One wrote:LOL, just seen a load of Rowan Atkinsons stuff for Comic Relief....very very very funny stuff. Especially his Indian Waiter and Devil sketches. Not to mention the bears that go sha-la-la-la-la! :D :D Great stuff! :D
His Indian Waiter and Devil are actually from 'The Secret Policeman's Ball' and 'The Secret Policeman's other ball'. Did they show them on Comic Relief on Friday? I missed it, as i was out with friends.
Yeah they did. Was great stuff. Thanks for the names, I'm gonna look out for them.