SNOWPOCALYPSE II is coming.

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

SNOWPOCALYPSE II is coming.

Post by Lonestar »

DC area is heading towards another SNOWPOCALYPSE.
Snow lovers can rejoice (yet again!) as another winter storm has set its sights on the DC Metro area. This one looks like it may very well rival or even exceed the historic storm of December 19th. Low pressure taking shape over the Gulf of Mexico will visit the southern states with heavy rain, thunderstorms, and windy conditions. As the low takes a northward turn Friday night…it will strengthen off the Georgia coast and send precipitation towards the Mid-Atlantic. A cold area of high pressure will already be in place, and this will allow for the precipitation to fall as snow as the low pressure continues to strengthen and lift north to just off the Delmarva peninsula by early Saturday. Read on for the complete coverage

Light snow will begin falling during the morning hours of Friday in the DC area and will increase throughout the day, with heavy snow arriving during the late afternoon and evening hours. Snow will fall heavily through the night, and continue through Saturday morning, before tapering off during the afternoon hours. At this point, the worst conditions appear to arrive late Friday afternoon through Saturday morning…with heavy snow during this time. Snow will fall at the rate of several inches per hour at times, with visibility reduced and roads quickly becoming snow covered and making travel extremely hazardous or impossible.

Winter storm warnings are posted for the DC metro area, and current indications are that 16 to 24 inches of snow are possible in the area. This will rival or exceed the December storm in many areas. Winds gusting to 25 mph overnight Friday will make for blowing and drifting snow, and low visibility.

Significant and substantial disruptions to travel, including high impacts to the Friday evening rush hour are expected. This has the potential to be a significant snow storm, and possibly even historic. The heaviest February 2 day snowfall on record for the Washington area is a very old record — set way back on February 12-13 of 1899, when 19 inches fell in a storm that was so significant it was known as the “Snow King”.

LET THE CHAOS BEGIN.

Cue Darth Wong calling everyone that doesn't live in Canada a bunch of pussies.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Re: SNOWPOCALYPSE II is coming.

Post by Questor »

Why does this seem to happen whenever Shep is driving a Mail Truck?

Is he delivering snow?
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

19" to be dubbed the "snow king"? Lulz.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

General Zod wrote:19" to be dubbed the "snow king"? Lulz.

Man you do know that we're south of the Mason-Dixon right?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

LOL...I swear this is why I live in DC for. 19-20 inches is considered the start of the new Ice Age and people hording shit as if this won't blow away in a few days.

Bring the snow on! I need excuses for clients to go "You do understand I wasn't at the office....and calling my home phone won't finish them any faster."
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Darkdrium
Padawan Learner

Post by Darkdrium »

I see general Kanadia is on the offensive again.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Post by Mayabird »

I only believe in the TOYOTAPOCALYPSE (thanks, Shep).
Jason L. Miles wrote:Why does this seem to happen whenever Shep is driving a Mail Truck?

Is he delivering snow?
I think you got the cart in front of the horse, dude. :wink:

In other news, in the great state of Iowa, it's supposed to snow again today. I hate having to brush snow off my car just to get home from work.
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Jason L. Miles wrote:Why does this seem to happen whenever Shep is driving a Mail Truck?

Is he delivering snow?
it is because god hates shep and the russians are sending their winters by express mail to spite him

IF ONLY ROBERT SATAN MCNAMARA HADN'T CANCELLED THE XB-70 NIKEHERACULEZEUS THIS WOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED!

*1960s graph*
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Well, I'm looking forward to it. Even if I have to shovel a bit.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

So, how did it turn out? Has Shep killed anyone yet?
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

There can be only one response to this; Lonestar must outfit Thundering Death with tracks.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

What's fun is driving a mail truck in a blizzaard with inoperative wipers

Power went off at 6 am - I am on my phone now

Ps wwhat moron buys a generator but only one tankful of gas for it
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Someone who has never been through a blizzard and has no idea of the fuel requirements for his kit?
Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

Post by Winston Blake »

Say Shep have you heard of that 60s project for fitting JATO bottles to trucks? I recall a drawing with a bunch of rockets at the rear and two at the front, with the exhaust plumes crossing over ahead of the truck to blast away mud. Apparently it worked like a dream - they got a truck impossibly bogged, then fired up the rockets and it jumped out instantly.

Maybe if you ask nicely they will give you rockets to put on your mail truck?
Robert Gilruth to Max Faget on the Apollo program: “Max, we’re going to go back there one day, and when we do, they’re going to find out how tough it is.”
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

Just like the last snowpocalypse, it totally bitched out on giving New York a fight. We barely got dusted.

I demand a worthy competitor!
Best care anywhere.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

God hates DC since OBAMA Was elected.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN SHEPPY POOH GENERAL KANADIA WILL PEEL THE FLESH OFF YOUR BONES ACTIVATE RAY SHIELDS
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

I think you mean:
Shroomy wrote:IF ONLY ROBERT SATAN MCNAMARA HADN'T CANCELLED THE XB-70 NIKEHERACULEZEUS THIS WOULD'VE NEVER HAPPENED!

*1960s graph*

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Snow stopped falling yesterday, we have around 27in of snow on the ground. No snow plow has gone through my complex yet, and it seems my fellow tenants think that the optimal way to shovel out your car is to create a berm between the parking spaces and the road.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

27inches eh? Congrats Matt, your no longer a pussy. ;)
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

There's going to be more later this week. This has been an awesome winter.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Clearly, Red is some sort of ANARCHIST who feels JOY when presented with the CHAOS of winter.
XXXI
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Snow plow has gone through every other street in my apartment complex except mine. I am going to be pretty damn pissed if I end up eating vacation because of these assholes.
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Join the club mein fuhrer.

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Charleston WV received "officially" 2inches of snow. It was then washed away by 4in of rainfall.

North of the capitol, in Morgantown, there is 14inches and a lot of power-outages. In the Eastern panhandle, there's 30in of snow in places, and it may be 'days' before power is returned.
"It's really been not too bad on the West Virginia side. The Virginia side is and has been all day a whole lot worse," Appalachian Power spokesman Phil Moye said Saturday.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet