New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Purple »

Greetings to all.

My name, as can be seen on the left is Purple. And just in case you forget, the avatar is there to remind you.

I have been lurking this forum for longer than I remember. Which, when taking account my goldfish like memory does not really count for much.

As can be seen from the above text I like to think of my self as something of a writer and roleplayer having spent most of my internet carrier roleplaying on several different forum and abusing the information granted to me by Mr. Wong's and other similar web pages to gain an unfair advantage in scientifically accurate and inaccurate environments. (I am yet to see a GM counter me when I cite the laws of physics to him. :mrgreen:)

Other than that it should probably be noted that I am mortally afraid of the rules of this forum lest I accidentally do something that will get me removed from it. :|

That and I like smilies.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Kuroji
Padawan Learner

Post by Kuroji »

(I probably should post here sooner or later, shouldn't I?)

Hi folks. I'm Kuroji, just a guy with a nickname I've used so long that I've almost forgotten what it means, who's a police/fire/medical dispatcher in the southwestern US. I've been lurking about SSD.net for a good long while but I registered lately because I wanted to write something and figured this would be a far better place to post it and get decent feedback than most other spots on the internet. And I still haven't been able to get around to writing it because every freaking sentence I type when I have the proper inspiration, I end up getting interrupted half the time because tonight's coworker is more clueless than usual... oh well, I'll get to it sooner or later.

Meanwhile there seem to be good people here, so I'll just run about posting to the board and generally trying to contribute instead, until I can get that written up. :mrgreen:
Steel, on nBSG's finale: "I'd liken it to having a really great time with these girls, you go back to their place, think its going to get even better- suddenly there are dicks everywhere and you realise you were in a ladyboy bar all evening."
ebs2323
Redshirt

Post by ebs2323 »

hey ime ebs2323, i too am a bit of a lurker. This is mostly due to me not having much to add, as i am still in school. The donversations almost always end up above my head
Jusu
Youngling

Post by Jusu »

Hello there, name is Jusu.

Been lurking this site since....chapter 12 of The Salvation War. And to be honest, its what brought me here. I started lurking other sections, and decided I should probably join in the fun. Hope to learn something from all of this. ^^
Onearmdude
Redshirt

Post by Onearmdude »

I am Onearmdude. I have one hand. Go figure.

I'm a 22 year old student studying history; a lot of my time is spent on either ancient Roman/Greek history or Anglo-American history b/w 1916 and 1947. I also read a lot on military aviation (I know more than any sane person should about thrust-to-weight ratios), and am a big fan of the Oshkosh Airshow. I tutor students in History and English, make a delicious pan-fried awesomesteak, and plan to teach ESL in South Korea or Japan for 3 years after I graduate.

If you did not feel emotion at seeing Kharak destroyed then you are a robot and should lend me your right arm.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Greetings all. I'm Imperial528, and I have liked the main sd.net site for at least a few years, although I rarely read the forum at all. Also, I enjoy a good debate. (Although, that is probably obvious.)
Ethereal235
Redshirt

Post by Ethereal235 »

Hello. I'm a mathematics undergrad student that frequently has trouble sleeping. I get bored at night, and sadly enough, my misanthropy has kept me from most forms of socialization, including the internet. This forum seemed interesting, and it looks like it isn't a bad place to start for someone that has no concept of small talk and likes to argue.

I hope to participate in interesting discussions, although I must admit that I don't have a lot of exposure to forums, and I'm not sure I understand the moderation standards. I hope to learn my way around these forums shortly.
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - B. F. Skinner

"No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!" - Professor Hubert Farnsworth

Razor One
Youngling

Post by Razor One »

Guess I should've gotten round to this sooner.

I'm a big time lurker that got drawn here by TSW series posted by Stuart. I spend most of my time either working, studying or failing to sleep.

I am also a fan of brevity.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

~Tennyson

Sycrus
Redshirt

Post by Sycrus »

Hello. I'm another long time lurker here.

I've originally got here from Mike's other websites, that I discovered per chance. Learned a lot from those, and hope to learn much more from the people here.
golden
Redshirt

Post by golden »

hello, i am new here, my real name is mechelle .Nice to meet you!
Commander Xillian
Youngling

Xillian. Commander, Xillian.

Post by Commander Xillian »

New dude here. How's it goin'? Thought I'd introduce myself, so we can get the introductions outta the way and get to the lulz.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Re: Xillian. Commander, Xillian.

Post by Dalton »

Commander Xillian wrote:New dude here. How's it goin'? Thought I'd introduce myself, so we can get the introductions outta the way and get to the lulz.
I merged your thread here; this is the place for new member intros. Welcome.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Commander Xillian
Youngling

Dalton, you're a life savor. What's this, two times you've dragged my dairy-air outta the pit? Thanks for the help mate!
Ellindsey
Youngling

Post by Ellindsey »

Hello

New member here. Been lurking this site occasionally for some years, decided to become a more regular member after wandering across TSW and reading the entire thing. I expect to remain more of a lurker than a poster as I am mostly here to read and learn and am not much of a writer.

I am a 37 year old electrical engineer, married, no kids, who builds robots and makes electronic jewelry in my spare time. And I should probably come up with an avatar now.
mdiinican
Redshirt

Post by mdiinican »

Hey bros,

I think I've been registered to this site a few years back, but I've totally forgotten all information that would let me recover that account. I didn't post much anyway, I tend to lurk more. I'd like to try writing, but I've been busy. I'm adequate at drawing and might post in art threads later. I'm a student for electrical engineering, but my hobbies tend more towards the mechanical.
Commander Xillian
Youngling

Hello Mdiinican! Welcome!
Donal
Redshirt

Post by Donal »

Hi, my name is Donal. I have been a lurker for a long time. I had an account here years ago, but had maybe 10 posts with it and it got deleted I think during the host switch.

I used to write a lot, but sadly that's fallen by the wayside. My friends and I have even toyed for years with making a Dirty Dozen style SW fan film.

I'm 30 years old, work in IT, born and raised in New York, a big baseball geek (Mets fan) and a motorcycle rider. I've got a Honda CB750 Nighthawk that I don't ride nearly enough.

I guess anything else that can describe me will come out in future posting.
DireApostasy
Redshirt

Post by DireApostasy »

Hey, I'm DireApostasy. Lurked for a while before registering, after finding a link to The Salvation War. I've been reading around the site since then in any topic that looks interesting.... I probably won't be posting too much since I'm not particularly well informed on most of the stuff that gets discussed - so I'll just continue lurking.

Other than that... I'm a Geology student, 21 years old, born and raised in Dublin city, in Ireland.
Victory and Death are the twin sons of War ~ Saint Sabbat
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

another 40k er....

can I kiss this Monkeigh guys?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Xenophon13
Redshirt

Post by Xenophon13 »

Salutations.

I am Xenophon13, and I go either by it or by just Xenophon on any site I sign up for, so if you see one of those names, its probably me. I am a high school student in central Illinois and I am helping DaZergRock54444 write a Starcraft/B5/SW/ST/Halo/Avatar crossover fanfic, called Starcraft: Perseus.
You lost the game.
'Zog? What do you mean Zog?...' -Susan Ivanova
Co-author of Starcraft: Perseus
My website
CSJM
Padawan Learner

Post by CSJM »

Greetings and well met. My net handle is Sean Mirrsen, but due to a goofup when registering, on this forum it'll be CSJM. I'm russian, so pardon any odd word usage you see from me. I've enjoyed some of the fanfics here, so I finally decided to register and maybe get some of my own little universe put into a readable form.

While I'm at it, I'd like to ask a question. I didn't see a section for forum games around here, is there one? 'Tis somewhat odd for a forum so rife with fiction writers to not have a dedicated place for roleplay...
Controller Sean 'Jaguar' Mirrsen
Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Grand Master RtD GM.
GM of Multiworld Madness, a Roll to Dodge epic.
GM of Space Whaler Escape!, a Roll to Dodge survival/skirmish.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

CSJM wrote:Greetings and well met. My net handle is Sean Mirrsen, but due to a goofup when registering, on this forum it'll be CSJM. I'm russian, so pardon any odd word usage you see from me. I've enjoyed some of the fanfics here, so I finally decided to register and maybe get some of my own little universe put into a readable form.

While I'm at it, I'd like to ask a question. I didn't see a section for forum games around here, is there one? 'Tis somewhat odd for a forum so rife with fiction writers to not have a dedicated place for roleplay...
Привет из Нью-Йорка! :D

We do indeed have a gaming forum, it's a subforum of the Gaming and Computers forum. Unfortunately, it's full of STGODs (nationstate games), rather than proper RPGs. :?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Werrf
Youngling

Post by Werrf »

Okay, yes, I have a habit of diving right in before I introduce myself, which is why this is my twenty-seventh post, not my first.

So I'm 31, a British ex-pat living in the US, wife, two kids, dog, the usual. Enormous fan of sci-fi, fantasy, and all well-told stories, came here mostly for the Salvation War threads which I found through TVTropes.org, one of my favourite sites.

Not really one for avatars and signatures, mostly because I'm interested in too many things to pick just one avatar or to make any kind of reasonably-sized sig line :)
Dry
Redshirt

Post by Dry »

Hi there, been lurking around here as a guest for some time now, decided to take the plunge and register.

My nickname is Dry, (WoW charname that stuck even after I quit the game)
I'm 28 years old, Dutch, and write some fantasy and other fiction in my spare time.
And spare time I have a-plenty, so much so that I'm looking into publishing my first novel somewhere next year. 8)
Well that's that, so back to lurking it is.

Be seeing ya.
Dry
A good friend will visit you in jail when you fuck up.

A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn we fucked up..."
Carinthium
BANNED

Post by Carinthium »

Joining the forum. BTW, why do mods have to approve some posts?