New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

lordroel
Redshirt

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by lordroel »

I have lurked the board on occasions and decided to take the risk and see if I was worthy enough to become a member of this board which if this post appears means I have succeeded.
BinaryRaiders
Redshirt

Post by BinaryRaiders »

Hey,

I lurked on the board for a while, liked what I saw, decided to join. College student from the Americas, majoring in geophysics. Pretty much hoping to become a more skilled debater, communicator and writer via this forum.

An odd question though, what is this SDN4 things I see on the boards?
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

SDNW4 is some rpg-thing that the people in GEC's STGOD sub-forum have got going. Don't know much beyond that, you might want to read the sub forum to find out more.
Calanor
Redshirt

Post by Calanor »

Hello everyone,

after years of lurking I finally decided to join the board, mainly after reading the User fiction section and several debates I found interesting.
VarrusTheEthical
Padawan Learner

Post by VarrusTheEthical »

A belated hello,

I've lurked in and out of SDN for awhile before finally taking the plunge. I find the debates interesting and I think that this would be a good place to test some of my ideas when it comes to "world building" a science fiction setting.
jrball
Redshirt

Post by jrball »

Lurked for a couple days and made an account. My username is just the username I had used on another forum.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Hello, everybody.

I came for the fanfics and stayed for the political commentary. It's a very nice board you've got here, and I look forward to being a part of it.

Esquire, esq.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
The Spaniard
Redshirt

Post by The Spaniard »

Good day everyone,

My name is Julius, I'm twenty years old, and I'm a Pawnbroker living in Spain.

I found interest in StarDestroyer after reading the X-COM thread by Peptuck after a reference from another website. The site to me is the one you'd only find once in half a lifetime, the one where you'd enjoy the stay and remember it greatly, it'd seem like a good stay here for a long while.

I'd hope to make some good friends here and there, and enjoy a good discussion or two.
TronPaul
Padawan Learner

Post by TronPaul »

Hello,

I'm a friend of Scottish Ninja and have been linked quite often to the mostly funny and always insane posts that occur here. I am a CS major focusing on information retrieval and data mining.

I play way too much TF2, enjoy procrastinating, and love music and reading.
If it waddles like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a KV-5.
Vote Electron Standard, vote Tron Paul 2012
S.L.Acker
BANNED

Post by S.L.Acker »

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Here's hoping I fit in around here.
sropike
Redshirt

Post by sropike »

Greetings!

I've decided to finally stop being lazy and register at least.
I'm an electric engineer from Hungary.
ALF
Redshirt

Post by ALF »

I stumbled on this forum quite by accident. Looks interesting. Looking forward to observing opinions, and to contributing myself when the spirit moves me.
I'm a retired Canadian fighter pilot, working now as an academic instructor at Quebec's aviation college.
ALF
khursed
Youngling

Post by khursed »

Long time reader, seldom post cuz I'm enjoying reading more.
khursed
Youngling

Post by khursed »

ALF wrote:I stumbled on this forum quite by accident. Looks interesting. Looking forward to observing opinions, and to contributing myself when the spirit moves me.
I'm a retired Canadian fighter pilot, working now as an academic instructor at Quebec's aviation college.
ALF
Allo, je suis aussi un quebecois, mais j'habite presentement au texas! Tu peut m'envoyer une caisse de sauce a poutine et de fromage en crote, je suis en manque total!
Aaron MkII
Jedi Master

Post by Aaron MkII »

Hey Dudes, it's Aaron aka Cpl Kendall
hypatia1128
Redshirt

Post by hypatia1128 »

I guess this is what I get for pushing the wrong button. I'm sorry. Well, I've already introduced myself in other areas. I look forward to chatting with people on this forum when I can drop by. Thanks for being patient with me and helping me find the new members intro area and I'm sorry I pushed the wrong button. Must get more caffeine...
In Reason,

Christian Wade
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Alright, we're not gonna kill ya for that. Maybe gnaw on you a bit.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
noncredible
Padawan Learner

Post by noncredible »

Though I've been a member on this board for over a year and a lurker for longer, I haven't really posted much and never introduced myself.

I'm a 13-year-old living in Calgary, AB, Canada; my family moved here ~10 years ago from Slovakia. I'm in 8th grade in junior high in the gifted program.
"Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But, that would be called cannibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies."
— Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

"And, if you should come upon this spot, please do not hurry on. Wait for a time, exactly under the star. Then, if a little man appears who laughs, who has golden hair and who refuses to answer questions, you will know who he is. If this should happen, please comfort me. Send me word that he has come back."
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
hypatia1128
Redshirt

Post by hypatia1128 »

I notice I'm a redshirt. What does that say about my life expectancy here? In most Star Trek shows and movies, redshirts don't live very long. This doesn't mean I'm doomed does it?
In Reason,

Christian Wade
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

no that's just the lowest ranking the rest are determined by post count except the custom titles which are earened through famous or infamous actions. now will you please stand in this bullseye..

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

hypatia1128 wrote:I notice I'm a redshirt. What does that say about my life expectancy here? In most Star Trek shows and movies, redshirts don't live very long. This doesn't mean I'm doomed does it?
As Colin said, we have a postcount-based ranking system.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Action Avenue
Redshirt

Post by Action Avenue »

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this board and am happy to be a member! My real name is Paul, but I will go by Action Avenue on here. My wife and I are midwesterners in the USA. I am an illustrator and cartoonist, in fact, I call my studio, Action Avenue Art Studio. The name sounds natural so I decided to use Action Avenue as my board name. My other interests, beside SCIFI, include the NFL, college football, reading and exercising. I promise to be respectful of all points of view here and will strive to be a good community member.
Check out my zombie blog http://freakindeadjed.blogspot.com
View my artwork at my studio store at http://zazzle.com/actionave
Visit my deviant art page at http://actionave.deviantart.com
rematog
Redshirt
Location: Banks of the Mississippi where the Spanish Moss grows

HELLO THE BOARD

Post by rematog »

I (re)found the board by looking for one the fiction stories (once, but not anymore) posted here. I'd read a bunch of the SW vs ST posts here a year or two ago.

Name and avatar.... look at the picture. initials and ATOG. I once had custom plate on an RX-7 with this name (back when $20 for a Mox was expensive) and when Al Gore invented the internet, I started using it as my handle.

I'm a Grognard, History and Alt History fan, Sci-Fi (I go either way on which is better SW vs ST, depends on the aspect) and board and miniatures games.

Yes, I live way down in Dixie, but I'm a carpetbagger, been here 10 years, you go where the work is.

I make power for a living. CO2 vs climate.... very complicated issue and not Black vs White.... as I heard one of the founders of Green Peace say at an energy conference "every morning, over six billion people wake up and need food, clothing and shelter." I am part of the solution to that problem.

Any pollution control law affecting power plants could be subtitled "Power Engineer's employment act".
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

ok, Tev, we have a magic lovingin newb who lives in your neck of the woods, welcome (or alternatly you and Nit can loot him)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lewis
Redshirt

Post by Lewis »

Heyas to everyone!
Meet the new member here - it's me))
Hope I'll like it here and really stay at the board for a long time)
Also hope to find loads of interesting stuff in the threads!