New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Raw Shark »

Tribble wrote:Subforum? I thought we were all crazy, just in our own unique special way :P
Matter of degrees, I guess. Eternal_Freedom runs it if you're really interested.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Post by Bernkastel »

Tribble wrote:No worries about the lurking - I was lurking around when this forum started and you can see how long it took me to join... alas, I missed the Great Wars, but it was fun watching the proverbial bullets fly from a safe distance. :P
Yep. I spent years lurking before joining and most of my forum time has been basically lurking.

Anyway, Horton, welcome. I hope membership is fun for you.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
HortonX25
Redshirt

Post by HortonX25 »

LadyTevar wrote:HI! :)
Hi *Waves*
Raw Shark wrote:
HortonX25 wrote:Lurked here for years now I think? Recall many times I went through Wong's writings on the main forum and greatly enjoyed reading them.

Decided I might as well make an account and post, as why not? :)
Welcome to the party. There's Star Wars, and coffee, and if you're fucking crazy there's a sub-forum for that, too.
Where's the coffee forum? :D

My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.
Bernkastel wrote:
Tribble wrote:No worries about the lurking - I was lurking around when this forum started and you can see how long it took me to join... alas, I missed the Great Wars, but it was fun watching the proverbial bullets fly from a safe distance. :P
Yep. I spent years lurking before joining and most of my forum time has been basically lurking.

Anyway, Horton, welcome. I hope membership is fun for you.
Hey there, I like your avatar and name. :P
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

HortonX25 wrote:Where's the coffee forum? :D

This whole place was the coffee-is-participating forum until he got banned for being a mouthy drunkard. I miss him.
HortonX25 wrote:My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.
He's not. I believe that he lives in Toronto, Canada. He had a couple of kids and drifted away.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Wong is like God, in that he runs the whole show, has been mysteriously absent for thousands of years, yet can still inspire millions across the world to kill in his name.

Ish.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Raw Shark wrote:

This whole place was the coffee-is-participating forum until he got banned for being a mouthy drunkard. I miss him.
You and me both - for all his flaws, couldn't help but like the guy.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
HortonX25
Redshirt

Post by HortonX25 »

Chimaera wrote:Wong is like God, in that he runs the whole show, has been mysteriously absent for thousands of years, yet can still inspire millions across the world to kill in his name.

Ish.
Except there's actually empirical evidence he exists. :lol:
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Post by Bernkastel »

HortonX25 wrote:Hey there, I like your avatar and name. :P
Thanks. They're actually those of my favourite character from a series I like. I admit, the name and look of them was what initially made me interested in them.
Chimaera wrote:
Raw Shark wrote:

You and me both - for all his flaws, couldn't help but like the guy.
While I've never interacted with him, Coffee was almost like a fixture of the place and his posts were often fun, in one form or another. On that note, at least his departure was not in the form of another RIP thread.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Bernkastel wrote:Thanks. They're actually those of my favourite character from a series I like. I admit, the name and look of them was what initially made me interested in them.
Yeah, I can't resist the purple-haired girls. It's not an anime thing; the first girl I ever fell in actual love and had sex with's nickname was, "Eggplant," and it looked good on her. I dated one for the first time in a while recently, but she was a crazy drunk and we're not talking anymore. Eggplant's in an open marriage right now, we've been talking again, and the next time I go back East we are on like Donkey Kong.

HortonX25
Redshirt

Post by HortonX25 »

Raw Shark wrote:
Bernkastel wrote:Thanks. They're actually those of my favourite character from a series I like. I admit, the name and look of them was what initially made me interested in them.
Yeah, I can't resist the purple-haired girls. It's not an anime thing; the first girl I ever fell in actual love and had sex with's nickname was, "Eggplant," and it looked good on her. I dated one for the first time in a while recently, but she was a crazy drunk and we're not talking anymore. Eggplant's in an open marriage right now, we've been talking again, and the next time I go back East we are on like Donkey Kong.
I wouldn't fall for that girl if I were you. :o
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Yeah, well. She was the first one and she has a bit of a claim.

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

HortonX25 wrote: My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.
He lives in Toronto, has two teenage sons, works full time and right now is getting an MBA at night for some strange reason.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
HortonX25 wrote: My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.
He lives in Toronto, has two teenage sons, works full time and right now is getting an MBA at night for some strange reason.
IIRC the main reason he dropped out a ways ago was he was working on some big project for the government, and just never really bothered coming back on after that unless there was some ruckus or other that required his presence.

Real Life, in other words.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
blenkins90
Redshirt

Post by blenkins90 »

I suppose I should introduce myself.

Name's Dann. What's up yall! I like to discuss theory and reality as it pertains to energy, technology, psychology, and the human experience.

Looking forward to it!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Hi!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Aleister Crowley
Redshirt

Post by Aleister Crowley »

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I am Aleister Crowley, also known as the Great Beast along with other titles. I am a ceremonial magician, Freemason, author, poet, mountain climber, chess expert, lover, prophet, and a few other things. I just thought I'd come here to have a bit of fun. I think the whole idea of sci-fi is kind of neat. I try to avoid some subjects if I don't know enough about them to talk about them intelligently. I hope to get to know some of the people here and have interesting discussions.

Love is the law, love under will.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Elheru Aran wrote:
Alyrium Denryle wrote:
IIRC the main reason he dropped out a ways ago was he was working on some big project for the government, and just never really bothered coming back on after that unless there was some ruckus or other that required his presence.

Real Life, in other words.
He's prevelent on FB pissing in the face of Trump voters and other white supremesists. :lol:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

HortonX25 wrote:My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.
So, one of Mike's hangouts was (and may still be) the World of Tanks forum, and about two years ago (give or take) I saw someone there ask him why he isn't active here or elsewhere like Spacebattles anymore. Apparently, he decided to stop posting here and other SF related forums precisely because he disliked his own popularity/reputation. As he sees it, every time he steps into a thread and people recognize him, it causes a flood of haters and fans to descend on the poor thread and derail it. He doesn't like people sucking up to him any more than he likes haters, near as I can tell. He likes conversations that stay on topic, and are interesting to read. Plus, he's the kind of person who specifically seeks out disagreement, so the fact that this forum largely agrees with most of his opinions means he probably finds this place boring. As opposed to Facebook, where he can find all the trolls, racists and creationists a debater could ever want (and then some). :wink:

This is, of course, on top of the fact he has a real life to attend to.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Yeah, come to think of it, the thing that Facebok has become is kind of like Mike Wong Valhalla in some sense. :D
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Simon_Jester wrote:Yeah, come to think of it, the thing that Facebok has become is kind of like Mike Wong Valhalla in some sense. :D
I see him crop up in my news feed on occasion just because I'm friends with some of the losers here on FB. :P
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

General Zod wrote:
Simon_Jester wrote:Yeah, come to think of it, the thing that Facebok has become is kind of like Mike Wong Valhalla in some sense. :D
I see him crop up in my news feed on occasion just because I'm friends with some of the losers here on FB. :P
A man is judged as the company he keeps :)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

In a recent FB discussion started by Mike I got called a "white boy", had my penis size questioned (because I guess it's still supposed to matter to me over the age of 13 :lol: ), was called a child molester or molestee (I guess there's no such things as white victims of anything), and a bunch of other hilariously sad shit by some black guy who got mad because I made fun of his misspelling of "education" (he spelled it "edication") in a post calling "white boys" stupid. Didn't even have the decency to call me a honkey.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Ishida Ayumi
Redshirt

Post by Ishida Ayumi »

Hi, I'm Ishida Ayumi and I like Star Wars!
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Ishida Ayumi wrote:Hi, I'm Ishida Ayumi and I like Star Wars!
Hello, there. I'm U.P. Cinnabar, and I like Star Wars too. Even the prequels, sequel, an Rogue One.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
stardust
Youngling

Post by stardust »

GREETINGS FELLOW SPACE TRAVELERS!

IRL I go by Moe and I like anything with starships in it. Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Mass Effect, Warhammer 40k, they are all awesome!

Been creeping this board for years, finally decided to sign myself up. Hoping I can scare up some peeps for a few roleplays, and some debate partners in the merits of one topic or another. We'll see how deep this rabbit hole goes!
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.