New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by LadyTevar »

Heya! Good to see you've stopped lurking Wes. :)
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
orbitingpluto
Youngling

Post by orbitingpluto »

Hello stardestroyer.net's bbs, I'm a guy in his mid-twenties who happened to come across the main site a few years back, and some time later, this bbs. While I've only really lurked on the bbs in the past month, what I saw lead me to not only wish to stick around, but contribute where I could.

As far as stuff I feel I can contribute, spaceflight is one subject I know quite a bit about- I'm just a layperson at most, and there's a whole bucketful of different engineering and scientific disciplines that are part of getting spacecrafts to go orbiting, but what I understand I'm more than willing to share.

Many thanks to the admin who saved me from the spam box, so I could be more than a guest lurking around. :D
DrodoEmpire
Redshirt

Post by DrodoEmpire »

Hello everyone!

I'm DrodoEmpire. I come from Nova Scotia, Canada and have read SD.net for quite some time before I decided to join the board. My actual username comes from a fictional nation I wrote (and am still writing) called the Drodo Empire. I am very interested in both science fiction and history and hope to make some good contributions to the board in my time here. I... Suppose that's all, really! :)

Thanks for reading.
ali-sama
Jedi Knight

Post by ali-sama »

I am not new but I am back! lol. Love you all! *huge hugs*
"In eternal damnation we sow the seeds of man, so we may delight in their pain and sorrow, basking them in our infinite love.."
Charles reed March 21, 2230
Honorius
Youngling

Post by Honorius »

Hello. Just came in from the street. Now who I need to keep in bribes, and other kickbacks?
superstar45
Redshirt

Post by superstar45 »

Spambot deleted
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

superstar45 wrote:Hello Everyone! :D
^ Fo' real though?
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Spambot deleted.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
JI_Joe84
Padawan Learner

Post by JI_Joe84 »

Hi all,
Yup yet another newbie here. I have been visiting ever since I was young. Like in my teens. I am in my 30's now. I came here to learn more about starwars tech and stayed for the board. You guys have some thing rare in the online world, there are surprisingly few total internet regards here. Other places no one does any thing about them and they only seem interested in driving every serious question into the ground.
Here things are different. This place is great. I now come here for the politics and science forums. OK maybe the fan fics.
Also I just got a 4g LTE "phablet" which will be my main source of internet. Thanks for the site revamp. Mobile is much better, the old site was irritating for mobile surfing but that might have been the old phone more than any thing. Any ways thanks and hello!
libertyjim
Youngling

Post by libertyjim »

Hi there everyone. I'm new here and have been lurking for about half a year through a friend of mine who is afraid to join. :)
I hope to have a few good debates (as limited as my skill in that area is) and some less serious conversations here.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Hey, libertyjim. Keep not sowing.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
libertyjim
Youngling

Post by libertyjim »

Raw Shark wrote:Hey, libertyjim. Keep not sowing.
I didn't get what you meant by 'Keep not sowing' at first but then I realised my avatar does look a lot like the Greyjoy banner symbol. Its meant to be a symbol of Cthulhu. This is the Greyjoy symbol:

Might change my Avatar.
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Yeah, the Cthulhu thing was not there when I posted.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
CatNadian
Redshirt

Post by CatNadian »

Hello everyone i am french canadian living in Montreal but born in Sherbrooke i'm 49 years old and i'm a long time sci-fi freak,since the early 1970s when i saw my first sci-fi series like Star Trek TOS and the 4 series made by Irwin Allen,then late 1970s i became a SW fan until (sorry but i must admit it) another sci-fi came Babylon 5 which turned me into a Fiver (sorry) still love SW.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

I'm Will, just an average white guy trying to make it to Friday, and often finding the money ends before the month does.

As is obvious, I am a huge RCN fan(Slammerverse, as well), as well as Moscoe's/Shephard's Longknife and Jump Universe, and the Destroyermen alt history novels, amongst many others.

It was "The Jetsons," ironically enough, which got me into science fiction, and Star Trek II:The Wrath Of Khan was my first ST experience. I mean, I saw bits and pieces of TOS, when I was playing remote control for my parents(ah, the good old days :D ), but I really never sat down to watch any of the episodes til I was 16("The Changeling").

I think if I had seen TOS first(or TMP), I probably would've been turned off on it altogether; I only liked "Balance Of Terror," and the last ten minutes of "The Omega Glory."

The TNG series and Enterprise are just too painful to watch.

I see that I'm babbling now, so I'll just end here.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Well... what can I say? I'm a furry and tech geek (even though I suck at mathematics which makes me dumb by default) here. I also love reading science fiction (chiefly hard SF) I used to read Stephen Baxter but I've lost my taste for him. I'm currently reading The Orion Plan by Mark Alpert.

I'm a little nervous as this place has a reputation for being rough and tumble, but I'll do my best to keep my stupidity to a minimum.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

SolarpunkFan wrote:Well... what can I say? I'm a furry and tech geek (even though I suck at mathematics which makes me dumb by default) here. I also love reading science fiction (chiefly hard SF) I used to read Stephen Baxter but I've lost my taste for him. I'm currently reading The Orion Plan by Mark Alpert.

I'm a little nervous as this place has a reputation for being rough and tumble, but I'll do my best to keep my stupidity to a minimum.
Just don't tell anyone you're a fre—I mean, a furry, and things will be all right. :D

Sorry about the cheap shot. Seriously, as long as you don't post anything stupid, or claim something as true that you can't back up with evidence, you should do okay. The folk here seem pretty tolerant.

Welcome to the boards.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Post by SolarpunkFan »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: Just don't tell anyone you're a fre—I mean, a furry, and things will be all right. :D

Sorry about the cheap shot. Seriously, as long as you don't post anything stupid, or claim something as true that you can't back up with evidence, you should do okay. The folk here seem pretty tolerant.

Welcome to the boards.
The cheap shot is fine. :wink: And what you say should be no problem for me. However I might PM moderators from time to time as whether something is okay to post or not, still getting my bearings here.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
Reyvan
Youngling

Post by Reyvan »

Hello, I've been a very long time lurker. I don't remember when I first started reading this forum, but I think it was in the 2006-2007 area. I remember I found the forum because I had just read one of Karen Traviss' Star Wars books, and loved it, and was looking to see what other people on the internet thought about it. That led me here, and the first post I saw was titled something like "Another Travissity".

Despite that early shock I stuck around, and eventually decided that maybe that post had a point and Traviss wasn't so great.

I finally got over my shyness and decided to join, mostly because there were some discussions in Pure Star Wars that I felt I could contribute to. I'll probably not post all that much, and when I do it'll probably mostly be in Pure Star Wars.
Djinn
Redshirt

Post by Djinn »

Hello, I have also been lurking for....many years now. Thought I might as well start posting.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Welcome to the boards Djinn and Reyvan.
HortonX25
Redshirt

Post by HortonX25 »

Lurked here for years now I think? Recall many times I went through Wong's writings on the main forum and greatly enjoyed reading them.

Decided I might as well make an account and post, as why not? :)
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

HI! :)
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

HortonX25 wrote:Lurked here for years now I think? Recall many times I went through Wong's writings on the main forum and greatly enjoyed reading them.

Decided I might as well make an account and post, as why not? :)
Welcome to the party. There's Star Wars, and coffee, and if you're fucking crazy there's a sub-forum for that, too.

Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Welcome!

No worries about the lurking - I was lurking around when this forum started and you can see how long it took me to join... alas, I missed the Great Wars, but it was fun watching the proverbial bullets fly from a safe distance. :P
Welcome to the party. There's Star Wars, and coffee, and if you're fucking crazy there's a sub-forum for that, too.
Subforum? I thought we were all crazy, just in our own unique special way :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage