New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Jub
Sith Marauder

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Jub »

I was just searching for some Star Wars info and this forum came up in the google search. I figued it can't hurt to sign up even if that part of the site seems to be a bit slower these days.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Hi Jub, welcome to the madhouse.

We have slow days and fast days, it depends on what people want to talk about and if anyone's interested.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I don't worry too much either way, plenty of archived stuff to leaf through.
Solo.13mmfmj
Redshirt

Post by Solo.13mmfmj »

My name is Solo.I am from Romania and i have an interest in sci-fi stuff
ThatCamel
Redshirt

Post by ThatCamel »

Jebus Crepes, this website is so old. I'm Camel and I'm from Absurdistan- Oklahoma, I mean.

I come from (and still inhabit) a Star Wars Roleplaying Forum, though the amount of pure fucking inane shitfaces there is unbelievable, which is why I take it upon myself to make me a better man-

can i le post now ?!
Xelloss
Redshirt

Post by Xelloss »

I suppose its time for my introduction...

My real name is Juan and I'm from the "Live Free or Die" state. I found this website by searching "Star Wars vs Star Trek" on Google. And after lurking on this forum for a little while, I've decided that I wanted to join.

I recently graduated from university with a bachelors degree in physics, but for the moment I decided to try my hand at the "real world" before going back to graduate school. So, at the moment, I work a full time job in technical support.

One of my favorite hobbies is, of course, reading and discussing science fiction, and this forum looks like the place to do that! I am sure that I will have quite a bit of fun on this forum.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
--Carl Sagan
Lictuel
Redshirt

Post by Lictuel »

Hello my real name ist Christoph and im a computer science student from Germany. I have been lurking on and off for ages and i finaly decided to register here. Came here for the SW vs ST originaly and stayed for all the other stuff here.

Really like the FanFic subforum and the N&P. I'm not sure how often I will post but it will be more often than while lurking, of that I'm sure.
Iron Bridge
Youngling

Post by Iron Bridge »

Hello, I am a science student and was linked to some old posts here on economic history. The site seems interesting so I have signed up.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

Hi, I am a 1st year physics student from the UK that looked at this forum and liked what I was looking at, so decided to join.
I can't find how to add avatars or sigs on my cp, can someone tell me how I would go about doing this please?
Sleck
Redshirt

Post by Sleck »

Hello. I'm a first year engineering student, and I like doing it. I'm also not new to forums - I've been a year long member of another one, so I'm pretty well house trained :P (What? No tongue stick out smilie?). Anyway, I've dropped in a few times for interesting threads (including The Fic That Must Not Be Named), and I thought that I'd try posting. Uh, that's it I suppose.
SystemError
Redshirt

Post by SystemError »

Hey there. I've been following this site for over a decade now, and figured I'd finally register and see how it goes.
"Life was such a wheel that no man could stand upon it for long. And it always, at the end, came round to the same place again."
- Stephen King, The Stand

"Ozone Man, Ozone. He's crazy, way out, far out, man." — George H.W. Bush, speaking about Al Gore during the 1992 presidential campaign
Princess Bubblegum
Redshirt

Post by Princess Bubblegum »

spacebattles brought me here

I am a freshman math major. As you would imagine, I am a scifi fan. I have waste far to much of my life playing competitive pokemon. And yep that's it.
Caden
Redshirt

Post by Caden »

Hi everyone,
I am Caden.I am new here.
Hope you all are fine.I recently complete my graduation and now working as a manager in a local organization.Hope for a nice time in this forum.
Caden
musicalaviator
Redshirt

Post by musicalaviator »

Hi I'm musicalaviator. My youtube account is also musicalaviator.
I'm from Australia, and love Flight Simulators. I also like Classical music. I don't work in either field currently.
Used to post here as jenat_lai before an interesting little spat with some girl I knew in real life somehow managed to spill over into the forum (less than a month after she joined up on the forum no less), and stopped visiting here in about 2005.
I occasionally lurk and read stuff about awesome sci-fi and occasionally want to post some things. In the short term I'm sure I will find myself lurking on threads about Doctor Who, Game of Thrones etc, and I'm sure once a Star Wars episode 7 is around the corner, then I'll be interested in talking about that too.
The Xeelee
Padawan Learner

Post by The Xeelee »

Hello. I am just an egomaniac teen from Wales. I love Physics, Maths, Technology and obviously Science Fiction. I am currently working on my own original (crap) story. I am also working towards ultimately making a career from Astrophysics. I have lurked here ages, so I know the "etiquette" of the board and feel I will fit in nicely. I am wide read and love analyzing scenes from movies and excerpts from books etc. and will hopefully be able to contributor to debates here.
Tony Stark
Redshirt

Post by Tony Stark »

Hello all. Your favorite alcoholic here. I will be using my vast intelligence to analyze several book, TV series, and show why I am better than the Dark Knight.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Tony Stark wrote:Hello all. Your favorite alcoholic here. I will be using my vast intelligence to analyze several book, TV series, and show why I am better than the Dark Knight.
I'm sure you and the Batman will have interesting conversations on here :lol:

Welcome to all you youn'uns, please read the rules of the forum, and try to have fun. :angelic:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

the question is if he's Tony Stark, is he also Sherlock?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Algebraist
Redshirt

Post by Algebraist »

Hi, I'm Andrew from England nr London. From my user name you may guess I'm an Iain M Banks fan (as well as other Sci Fi and fantasy including Game of Thrones).
Have a big interest in Science (MSc in Physics although a few years ago!) also philosophical type discussions. Recently developed an unhealthy interest in the art of arguing for rather undefendable positions eg the flat earth soc if you've ever visited! Not that I ever posted there (never heard back on my login application- probably for the best). I'm hoping there are a good range of opinions here for some good discussions!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

now if we could just get a poster calling themselves Eliza Turing, everyone could wonder if it was a guy, a girl, or a spambot....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
jramsay42
Redshirt

Post by jramsay42 »

Hi, I'm Justin from Brisbane, Australia. I have always had a keen interest in Science-Fiction (Film, Literature, TV) and partcipated in debating quite enjoyably in high school. Currently doing a software engineering degree, while writing sci-fi and music (Viola and Guitar) for enjoyment on the side. Looking forward to having some interesting discussions here, have been enjoying it so far.
MSoul
Redshirt

Post by MSoul »

Hi to all! Another long time lurker who finally decided to join thanks to a lot of free time lately. I'm 25 y old,from Zagreb,Croatia and I'm working on getting my masters in mechanical engineering (last year). Big fan of sf,fantasy and debating about fictional stuff.
Hilan
Redshirt

Post by Hilan »

I am new to this forum. I am finding and collecting info about different stuff. So i have join this forum because i have seen here lot of interesting and informative threads, so help me and guide me where i put mistake. hope we 'll enjoy to this community and have fun.
Hilan
Redshirt

Post by Hilan »

I am new to this forum. I am finding and collecting info about different stuff. So i have join this forum because i have seen here lot of interesting and informative threads, so help me and guide me where i put mistake. hope we 'll enjoy to this community and have fun.
daiwoo
Redshirt

Post by daiwoo »

Hello Everybody.
I am Daiwoo and i am new to this forum.