New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Raw Shark »

stardust wrote:GREETINGS FELLOW SPACE TRAVELERS!
Welcome home, fucker.
stardust wrote:IRL I go by Moe
Congratulations. You are hereby joined with about 40% of the male portion of the planet Earth. Let's all spark one and chill.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
stardust
Youngling

Post by stardust »

LOL you guys. I approve of these shenanigans!
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

stardust wrote:LOL you guys. I approve of these shenanigans!
[shrug] Welcome to the game, playa'

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
stardust
Youngling

Post by stardust »

I'm just gonna throw this up here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

Can't hate on a classic.

theagent
Redshirt

Post by theagent »

Hey, everyone. Longtime fan of the site, decided it was time to register & come out from under the lurking rock.

Longtime fan of fantasy & sci-fi, & in particular of Star Wars & Star Trek. Don't ask me to pick a side, that's like saying you can only like peanut butter or pizza. I'm also a big fan of comic books, Firefly, & horror movies, as well as Elizabeth Peters/Barbara Michaels & J.D. Robb novels.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Welcome Welcome!

Wait... You know of JD ROBB?! OMG! I thought I was the only other fan of hers on here!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
theagent
Redshirt

Post by theagent »

LadyTevar wrote: 2017-09-08 07:02pm Welcome Welcome!

Wait... You know of JD ROBB?! OMG! I thought I was the only other fan of hers on here!
Yep. I even like a lot of the trilogies she writes under her her real name (Nora Roberts)...not the straight romance novels, mind you, but the ones with supernatural elements.

I like them just like I love Elizabeth Peters/Barbara Michaels novels: they may follow a particular pattern/formula, but it's enjoyable & immerses me into the plot.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

theagent wrote: 2017-10-18 04:43pm
Yep. I even like a lot of the trilogies she writes under her her real name (Nora Roberts)...not the straight romance novels, mind you, but the ones with supernatural elements.

I like them just like I love Elizabeth Peters/Barbara Michaels novels: they may follow a particular pattern/formula, but it's enjoyable & immerses me into the plot.
Yeah, my Mom collects them. I'm a Nora fan for that reason.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Hello, I think reintroductions are in order. I'm Ritterin Sophia, you may have known me as General Schatten before, due to recent events and revelations about myself in my life I won't be going by that name or using masculine pronouns anymore. Thus the need for reintroductions. :D

I'm still generally the same person, I still like most of the stuff I liked, Star Wars, Gundam, Pokemon, etc. It's just now I can feel free to like things I wouldn't allow myself to before.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Ritterin Sophia wrote: 2018-01-04 04:05pm Hello, I think reintroductions are in order. I'm Ritterin Sophia, you may have known me as General Schatten before, due to recent events and revelations about myself in my life I won't be going by that name or using masculine pronouns anymore. Thus the need for reintroductions. :D

I'm still generally the same person, I still like most of the stuff I liked, Star Wars, Gundam, Pokemon, etc. It's just now I can feel free to like things I wouldn't allow myself to before.
Hi! Welcome back, Sophia!
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Please to meet you, Sophie.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ritterin Sophia wrote: 2018-01-04 04:05pm Hello, I think reintroductions are in order. I'm Ritterin Sophia, you may have known me as General Schatten before, due to recent events and revelations about myself in my life I won't be going by that name or using masculine pronouns anymore. Thus the need for reintroductions. :D

Welcome back. Glad you're feeling more "you". *HUGS*

Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Post by Bernkastel »

Welcome back, Sophia. Since this is the first time we've ever interacted, pleased to meet you.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

General RS, I think that you deserve the same rank. And as far as I am concerned, you never left.

Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Hiii!

Welcome back!
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Welcome back.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Fraktal
Redshirt

Post by Fraktal »

...might as well get this out of the way. Howdy, all.

I may be a bit of an odd-one-out here, being more of an anime guy who loves the shit out of his mecha (primarily Gundam) than a fan of live-action stuff. That said, Stargate is a favorite of mine and in the past months, I've began considering the possibility of getting into Star Trek but haven't gotten the motivation yet. I'm also something of a fanfic writer, although I'd never say that I'm good at it and tend to procrastinate without reservations. Usually feel like shit about it, but sometimes there's just no motivation to put the last 500 words to a chapter you've already been sitting on for half a year, you know? Then there's the fact that I tend to take a hard sci-fi approach and actually bother to look up my technobabble, something the majority of folks looking for a quick laugh don't give a damn about - here's to hoping I can find some potential converts/victims here to ensnare with my magnum opus of a nascent epic of a space opera.

IRL I'm a software developer, fairly recent (last July) uni graduate about to turn 27 (next week, actually) and hailing from an Eastern European shithole that's been on the news quite a lot in the past few years due to the arrogant and delusional demagogue fucks in charge. Oh, and I also happen to be an overweight, glasses-wearing, possibly Aspie carbon copy of the ugly otaku stereotype who's so introverted he can't hold a simple conversation with a stranger in person but passed Mensa evaluation with an IQ of 138. No, seriously (on all counts).

Anyway... to wrap it up and quit boring you guys, I'm quite a bit of a lurker, but am otherwise active on several forums at a time, so coddling is not necessary because I've been around the block a few times when it comes to forums.
tabla
Redshirt

Post by tabla »

My name is Tommy from England and i'm a newbie to this forum.
looks like a very busy forum with loads of info from people around the world. will pop in from time to time
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Not nearly as busy as it used to be, but it's fared better than a lot of web forums from the same era. :) Welcome.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

tabla wrote: 2018-09-06 12:48pm My name is Tommy from England and i'm a newbie to this forum.
Welcome, Tommy From England. You seem like a stand-up being, so I will cut through the usual red tape and invite you to join the Super Seecret sub-forum. Report to Room 23 for your initiation immediately or face ostracism from our lofty ranks. And remember, no eye contact with Raw Shark after the sedated pig is lead into the room. Close your eyes and think about England.

PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Raw Shark wrote: 2018-09-30 01:59pm
tabla wrote: 2018-09-06 12:48pm My name is Tommy from England and i'm a newbie to this forum.
Welcome, Tommy From England. You seem like a stand-up being, so I will cut through the usual red tape and invite you to join the Super Seecret sub-forum. Report to Room 23 for your initiation immediately or face ostracism from our lofty ranks. And remember, no eye contact with Raw Shark after the sedated pig is lead into the room. Close your eyes and think about England.
I found Raw Shark
Bullets always have the right of away
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

PhoenixKnig wrote: 2018-09-30 03:17pm I found Raw Shark
No. Raw Shark found you. I have lots of knives, guns, mental illness, and poorly-addressed aggression, and I like you. Welcome to our community. ;)

PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Raw Shark wrote: 2018-09-30 03:50pm
PhoenixKnig wrote: 2018-09-30 03:17pm I found Raw Shark
No. Raw Shark found you. I have lots of knives, guns, mental illness, and poorly-addressed aggression, and I like you. Welcome to our community. ;)
Sounds like a fun party, we missed you and testing
Bullets always have the right of away
Raw Shark

Post by Raw Shark »

A'int found a way to kill me yet.