New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Corvette_chick
Redshirt

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Corvette_chick »

Hello. I'm new here. I am a great fan of all sci-fi, and Star Wars. Hope to have many interesting discussions with you guys.
ambosen
Redshirt

Post by ambosen »

Hi.

Some of you may know me already, though very likely not to well.I was a sporadic at best poster at alt.startrek.vs.Starwars for a few years. I tend not to post much and usually I'm on forums or newsgroups when fighting insomnia. My hobbies include computer games, writing fan fiction that has yet to result in a completed story, and telling tall tales about the west to gullible tourists.
Aharon
Youngling

Post by Aharon »

Hi!

I'm a long time lurker. I registered because I wanted to be able to use the search function to find long buried threads I neglected to bookmark. I'm a bit intimidated by the flaming, which is why I haven't posted anything so far. But with the user purge coming, I had to :)

My username is the origin of my second name, Aaron. I'm from Germany and have just finished my degree in Bioinformatics. Now comes the job hunt.

I found this forum when searching for information on Lightsabers, and I sticked around because of the excellent fanfic by Chuck. I also like the SLAM and N&P sections - specifically in SLAM, often news items on scientific topics are found several weeks before they reach Spiegel Online.

Best regards,

Aharon
Jerker
Redshirt
Location: In the darkest and foulest reaches of the Warp-blessed Eye of Terror

Post by Jerker »

Hello everyone,

I'm a short-time lurker who joined the board sometime late in last year to post in a thread showcasing the good bits of fan fiction on the internet, specifically fanfiction.net. Unfortunately, my intended contribution was made obsolete when I found out someone else already had posted my suggestion. Further would-be posts where promptly aborted when I found the ARSE forum, although you could argue that that's exactly what would catch the greater interest of an adolescent like myself.

After I got used enough to the kind of imagery I got in my head from being there it got a bit old. Sadly, I found nothing worthwhile to post about until I just now saw that I was about to be purged on suspicion of spamboting. Consequently this is my first post.

I don't know what you'll expect from me(if anything), but don't expect much in the way of contributions to the forum. I rarely feel moved to communicate in a crowd of strangers even if I feel that my input might be of some use. Feel free to poke fun at my user name though! Believe me when I say that it's actually my given name. I regularly get teased about it in real-life so why not here as well?
This text is here until I find something worthy to fill the otherwise ugly void beneath my ramblings.
Xexilf
Redshirt

Post by Xexilf »

Hello.

Im another longtime lurker whos posting because of the purge.
I came to this board after hearing about "the salvation war", and from there went on to the rest.
I keep planning to become somewhat more active, meaning to start posting, but then always find that i have nothing worthwhile to say. I must also admit to be slightly intimidated by the board culture at times, but i guess if you want a somewhat spam-free and sane board the moderators etc. have to keep a grip.
I live in germany and am a student, thats for the moment as much as i am comfortable to say about myself on the web.
Well... maybe someday i have something to say... until then, i guess i go on lurking.

Xexilf
Document
Redshirt

Post by Document »

Also posting in response to the purge warning. I tried to activate my account twice earlier and never got the email, but for whatever reason it worked this time.

I'm not sure exactly how I first got here; I think it involved periodically searching for conversations on various sci-fi series, noticing a pattern of this site and Spacebattles appearing in the results, later (possibly mid-2009) finding myself out of time-kill sites but not wanting to get up from the computer, remembering this site, and deciding to check out the main forum index (and later the main site) to see what was there, which became a habit. I'll probably continue not posting much.
Minesweeper
Redshirt

Post by Minesweeper »

Another long-time lurker, posting here in response to the user purges...
Versac
Redshirt

Post by Versac »

Long time registered lurker, longer time unregistered. Mostly read SLAM and N&P, plus some User Fiction.
MMM
Redshirt

Post by MMM »

Hi,

came here through The Salvation War, stayed for The Rift and now Godforsaken Future.

I'm looking for some Star Trek <-> our reality crossover fiction, if anyone can recommend some, I'd be happy.
Vorenus
Redshirt

Post by Vorenus »

Hello,

Long time lurker, long, long loooooooooong time lurker just posting here to escape another glorious bot purge.

I can't remember when exactly I found the site, while I was doing a search for images of a stardestroyer, why I was looking for it I cannot remember but I ended up finding the main site and from there the forums and have been lurking ever since.
Flame of Udûn
Redshirt

Post by Flame of Udûn »

Another long-time non-poster, posting here in response to the user purges.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

There seems to be some kind of pattern forming in these last few posts :mrgreen:
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
EvilKnightSD
Redshirt

Post by EvilKnightSD »

Posting to keep my registration on the boards.

Lately, I have been prepping a PBEM game for Renegade Legion: Leviathan using Squadron Strike 3D movement. If anyone is interested check out Meeting Engagement on the PBM List.

I'll probably post again about this somewhere else on the boards (when i figure out the appropriate place for it).
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Hi my name is Darth Fanboy please don't delete me Dalton.

Also welcome fellow noobies.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Shinkaze
Redshirt

Post by Shinkaze »

Hello, I'm a long time lurker first time poster, and I'll probably still be mostly lurking as I rarely have anything particularly insightful to say.

Sorry I don't have anything interesting to talk about, I just don't want my account to be deleted in the 0-post user purge.
IveGotNoIdea
Redshirt

Post by IveGotNoIdea »

Uhm... Hi I guess...
Never done introduction on forum so I have no experience in this, as everyone guessed I'm writing this to avoid re-creating my account.
Rogue15us
Redshirt

Post by Rogue15us »

Hello All,

Long Time Lurker (Only ones who seem to be posting right now)

I originally joing the board due to the excellent story "The Salvation War". That was just the start of my obsession really. Have not been real active mostly due to work and following other forums, most notably the Creative Writing Forum at SpaceBattles.

Hopefully I will be posting more after this. Been a while since I have been through to search for new stories.

Rogue
Guts
Redshirt

Post by Guts »

Hello, I'm new here.
Janos
Redshirt

Post by Janos »

Hello, joining the flood of people introducing themselves because of the purge. I have been lurking here since i found a link to the main site from SWTC around 2004.
asdfzxc
Redshirt

Post by asdfzxc »

This is me, posting something to avoid the purge.
Commodore Axilon
Redshirt

Post by Commodore Axilon »

Hi. I don't wanna get purged.
Climhazzard
Redshirt

Post by Climhazzard »

Like many others, I am a long-time lurker and now a poster. I remember google searching 'creationist science fair', this board popped up, and I spent a long 7 years lurking. Currently finishing up college to go to graduate school for entomology, I am very busy but try to fill my free time with reading, and I enjoy long walks on short beaches.
RCAF Brat
Redshirt

Post by RCAF Brat »

Long time reader/first time poster who is posting because he'd like to keep his account active. Damn spambots ruin everyone's day don't they?
Gervasius
Redshirt

Post by Gervasius »

IveGotNoIdea wrote:Uhm... Hi I guess...
Never done introduction on forum so I have no experience in this, as everyone guessed I'm writing this to avoid re-creating my account.
Same here. Just avoiding the 0-post-user pogroms.
darkamulets
Redshirt

Post by darkamulets »

A friend pointed me in the direction of salvation war and I decided to register and lurk a bit as I read it.