New Member Introductions

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 5236
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Raw Shark » 2016-09-08 10:47pm

Tribble wrote:Subforum? I thought we were all crazy, just in our own unique special way :P


Matter of degrees, I guess. Eternal_Freedom runs it if you're really interested.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

User avatar
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner
Posts: 307
Joined: 2010-02-18 09:25am
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Bernkastel » 2016-09-09 05:58am

Tribble wrote:No worries about the lurking - I was lurking around when this forum started and you can see how long it took me to join... alas, I missed the Great Wars, but it was fun watching the proverbial bullets fly from a safe distance. :P


Yep. I spent years lurking before joining and most of my forum time has been basically lurking.

Anyway, Horton, welcome. I hope membership is fun for you.

HortonX25
Redshirt
Posts: 20
Joined: 2015-12-14 12:27pm

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby HortonX25 » 2016-09-13 05:22pm

LadyTevar wrote:HI! :)

Hi *Waves*
Raw Shark wrote:
HortonX25 wrote:Lurked here for years now I think? Recall many times I went through Wong's writings on the main forum and greatly enjoyed reading them.

Decided I might as well make an account and post, as why not? :)


Welcome to the party. There's Star Wars, and coffee, and if you're fucking crazy there's a sub-forum for that, too.

Where's the coffee forum? :D

My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.
Bernkastel wrote:
Tribble wrote:No worries about the lurking - I was lurking around when this forum started and you can see how long it took me to join... alas, I missed the Great Wars, but it was fun watching the proverbial bullets fly from a safe distance. :P


Yep. I spent years lurking before joining and most of my forum time has been basically lurking.

Anyway, Horton, welcome. I hope membership is fun for you.

Hey there, I like your avatar and name. :P

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 5236
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Raw Shark » 2016-09-13 06:04pm

HortonX25 wrote:Where's the coffee forum? :D


This whole place was the coffee-is-participating forum until he got banned for being a mouthy drunkard. I miss him.

HortonX25 wrote:My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.


He's not. I believe that he lives in Toronto, Canada. He had a couple of kids and drifted away.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

User avatar
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2190
Joined: 2011-02-07 03:04pm
Location: Great Britain (It's great, honestly!)

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Iroscato » 2016-09-13 06:20pm

Wong is like God, in that he runs the whole show, has been mysteriously absent for thousands of years, yet can still inspire millions across the world to kill in his name.

Ish.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)

User avatar
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2190
Joined: 2011-02-07 03:04pm
Location: Great Britain (It's great, honestly!)

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Iroscato » 2016-09-13 06:21pm

Raw Shark wrote:
HortonX25 wrote:Where's the coffee forum? :D


This whole place was the coffee-is-participating forum until he got banned for being a mouthy drunkard. I miss him.


You and me both - for all his flaws, couldn't help but like the guy.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)

HortonX25
Redshirt
Posts: 20
Joined: 2015-12-14 12:27pm

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby HortonX25 » 2016-09-14 03:48am

Chimaera wrote:Wong is like God, in that he runs the whole show, has been mysteriously absent for thousands of years, yet can still inspire millions across the world to kill in his name.

Ish.

Except there's actually empirical evidence he exists. :lol:

User avatar
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner
Posts: 307
Joined: 2010-02-18 09:25am
Location: Europe
Contact:

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Bernkastel » 2016-09-14 08:56am

HortonX25 wrote:Hey there, I like your avatar and name. :P


Thanks. They're actually those of my favourite character from a series I like. I admit, the name and look of them was what initially made me interested in them.

Chimaera wrote:
Raw Shark wrote:
HortonX25 wrote:Where's the coffee forum? :D


This whole place was the coffee-is-participating forum until he got banned for being a mouthy drunkard. I miss him.


You and me both - for all his flaws, couldn't help but like the guy.


While I've never interacted with him, Coffee was almost like a fixture of the place and his posts were often fun, in one form or another. On that note, at least his departure was not in the form of another RIP thread.

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 5236
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Raw Shark » 2016-09-14 09:53am

Bernkastel wrote:Thanks. They're actually those of my favourite character from a series I like. I admit, the name and look of them was what initially made me interested in them.


Yeah, I can't resist the purple-haired girls. It's not an anime thing; the first girl I ever fell in actual love and had sex with's nickname was, "Eggplant," and it looked good on her. I dated one for the first time in a while recently, but she was a crazy drunk and we're not talking anymore. Eggplant's in an open marriage right now, we've been talking again, and the next time I go back East we are on like Donkey Kong.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

HortonX25
Redshirt
Posts: 20
Joined: 2015-12-14 12:27pm

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby HortonX25 » 2016-10-12 11:33am

Raw Shark wrote:
Bernkastel wrote:Thanks. They're actually those of my favourite character from a series I like. I admit, the name and look of them was what initially made me interested in them.


Yeah, I can't resist the purple-haired girls. It's not an anime thing; the first girl I ever fell in actual love and had sex with's nickname was, "Eggplant," and it looked good on her. I dated one for the first time in a while recently, but she was a crazy drunk and we're not talking anymore. Eggplant's in an open marriage right now, we've been talking again, and the next time I go back East we are on like Donkey Kong.

I wouldn't fall for that girl if I were you. :o

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 5236
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Raw Shark » 2016-10-12 01:53pm

Yeah, well. She was the first one and she has a bit of a claim.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

User avatar
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin
Posts: 21713
Joined: 2002-07-11 08:34pm
Location: The Deep Desert
Contact:

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Alyrium Denryle » 2016-10-12 07:30pm

HortonX25 wrote:My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.


He lives in Toronto, has two teenage sons, works full time and right now is getting an MBA at night for some strange reason.
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences


There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

User avatar
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 11140
Joined: 2004-03-04 01:15am
Location: Georgia

Re: New Member Introductions

Postby Elheru Aran » 2016-10-13 11:41am

Alyrium Denryle wrote:
HortonX25 wrote:My biggest question looking around is, where exactly is Wong? He doesn't seem to be active here anymore.


He lives in Toronto, has two teenage sons, works full time and right now is getting an MBA at night for some strange reason.


IIRC the main reason he dropped out a ways ago was he was working on some big project for the government, and just never really bothered coming back on after that unless there was some ruckus or other that required his presence.

Real Life, in other words.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests