Jeremy Clarkson declares himself 'better foreign secretary' than Boris Johnson

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Jeremy Clarkson declares himself 'better foreign secretary' than Boris Johnson

Post by TimothyC »

Heather Saul for the Independent wrote:Jeremy Clarkson claims he helped save four men from being swept out to sea on their lilos while on holiday.

The former Top Gear presenter, who is more accustomed to finding his name in the headlines for some sort of controversy, was in the news this morning for reportedly assisting the group of men when winds blew them a mile off from the shore in Majorca.

Clarkson says he spotted the tourists while on his holiday yacht and came to their rescue.

He told The Sun: “They were all in their twenties and a mile out to sea. You’ll never paddle back in from there.

“I helped four of them. I rescued two French and two Germans.

“They burst out laughing when they saw who was rescuing them.”

After carrying out his good deed, he added on Twitter: “I have now saved all the people who were being swept out to sea by a very brisk wind and am going to the pub.”

Clarkson said his rescue proved him to be “a better and more constructive Foreign Secretary than Boris Johnson”. He added that he had apologised to the group for Brexit.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: Jeremy Clarkson declares himself 'better foreign secretary' than Boris Johnson

Post by Zaune »

Larry the Downing Street cat would make a better Foreign Secretary than Boris Johnson.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: Jeremy Clarkson declares himself 'better foreign secretary' than Boris Johnson

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

What does Clarkson want for that? A Victoria Cross?!
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:What does Clarkson want for that? A Victoria Cross?!
I think he wants the job, quick give it to him before he can take it back.

If given the choice would you give it to Clarkson that idiot over Boris Johnson?

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Oh, Clarkson definitely.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Good on Clarkson. Speaking as the holder of a Lifesaving merit badge, I wouldn't hesitate to save the biggest asshole in the world if I saw him drowning, no matter how much of a douche I might be otherwise.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Raw Shark wrote:Good on Clarkson. Speaking as the holder of a Lifesaving merit badge, I wouldn't hesitate to save the biggest asshole in the world if I saw him drowning, no matter how much of a douche I might be otherwise.
What if you knew he'd be more useful dead? Would you still save him?

ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

The asshole probably only did to save a couple bucks off his driver's license. :D

Besides, I've known bigger assholes. One of them, my former supervisor at Unarco, was a conspiracy wingnut, Catholic fundamentalist, racist wanker, anti-vaxxer, and a rabid birther, who, in one sentence, defended Darren Wilson shooting Micheal Brown 6-8 times in the center of mass(as legitimate self-defense), and opposed the death penalty as being against God's will, cause the Bible said "thou shalt not kill."
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

muse wrote:What if you knew he'd be more useful dead? Would you still save him?
An interesting philosophical question sitting in my armchair, but in the heat of the moment I don't think about that sort of thing. The drunk who rammed six cars, a tree, and the building across the street from me at about 90mph a couple weeks ago is definitely an asshole, but I still ran over and performed first aid on him. Maybe he'll learn a life lesson and go on to speak to auditoriums full of high school kids about drinking and driving, or write a great novel that uplifts the spirits of millions, or join the Peace Corps or something.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker