OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: Quote of the Week suggestions and feedback

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

"The Constitution's a piece of paper. A kick in the head is a jolt."
—Ray Kowalski, "Strange Bedfellows," Due South
"A cynical acceptance of the betrayal of public trust is the road to ruin in a democracy."
—Benton Fraiser, from the same episode
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

"The opprobrium of assholes is a badge of honor."
—Norman Spinrad
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Do we even do quotes of the week anymore? You're certainly the only one to make any suggestions in over a year.
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Post by Bernkastel »

I'd assume not. The last quote of the week we had up was just left there for ages and removed quite a while ago. Plus, as far as I know, the idea of putting new ones up has not even been talked about.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

The recent change to the board software seems to have left the feature out, so I suppose the service has been suspended until further notice. Members are always free to put whatever they want in their sigs, of course (as long as they adhere to board regulations), which would be one way to pass around the desired quotation...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.