Personal update (mild depression and weight gain)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Bug-Eyed Earl
Jedi Master

Re: Personal update (mild depression and weight gain)

Post by Bug-Eyed Earl »

Darth Wong wrote:Thanks for the encouragement and support, everyone. As for those who had questions:
Wicked Pilot wrote:So what's the little one's name and when can we expect him to start making post. I know being a dog and all he's at quite the disadvantage on an internet message board, but I'm sure he could still outwit a creationist or two.
His name is "Razor", although we call him "Ray Ray". He was already 8 months old when we adopted him. And he can do basic tricks, like sitting and lying down and urinating outside, so he's already well above the average creationist in terms of mental development.
havokeff wrote:Cute new puppy. Question though, because Jenn wants one; Did you always like/want a small puppy like that or was it a compromise? I feel like I would kill a little dog like that on accident just playing with him or getting up at night to pee and stepping on him.
He's not as small or fragile as those Taco Bell dogs that women keep in handbags. He weighs in around 15 pounds and he's big enough and strong enough to jump up from the ground to the bed. I've never hurt him (nor did I ever hurt Fuzzy) by accidentally stepping on him, falling on him, or kicking him. Not to be overly glib, but it's not a problem if you look where you're going. Seriously, people raise human babies; how could they do that if it was so hard to avoid injuring a small dog?
I can vouch at how sturdy Shih Tzus are- my dad (an Ozark native Sam Elliott type) has one he dotes on, and we kids like to take one of the dog's toys and toss it in someone's unsuspecting lap. He may be little, but he hits hard. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you.
BotM Cybertronian
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Sorry to hear about your depression and subsequent weight problems Mike, I must ask; your main concern was how your children will react to Fuzzy's death when his prognosis was known? Have they shown a greater resilience than expected or was some of your own depression linked to how you had to interact with them?

Either way, I'm wishing you the best of luck with your changed dietary intake and with your new puppy.

EDIT :: Typo 'knew puppy', lol
Last edited by Crown on 2009-01-08 06:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Hey Mike, l'm sorry to read that you've been feeling depressed over losing Fuzzy. lt is difficult. l'm glad you have been able to welcome a new, very handsome pup into your family. Hopefully he will bring you lots of love and joy in the years to come. Also, congrats on losing 15 pounds already! That is great! :D
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman