General SCA Thread

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Re: General SCA Thread

Post by LadyTevar » 2017-08-28 08:27pm

There was a small event this past weekend, one of the last before Coronation. Nice cozy little event where everyone could relax and just enjoy themselves. Even the Court was small and relaxed, only four awards.

Surprisingly, one of them was to award me the Order of the Millrind, Æthelmearc's Order of High Merit for Service. Seems my name was brought up at the Order Meeting during Pennsic, and I was voted in as one of the newest members. This means I am now THLady Kathryn MacLuing.

But what really had me crying was my scroll was the first one done by the artist. She and I have spoken many times, and she drew me as she saw me most -- holding up a scroll and reading from it. She not only drew me in one of my favorite sets of garb, she added the blue lace agate circlet. I got that circlet my first Pennsic (#19).
Librium Arcana, Where Gamers Play!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 » 2017-08-28 08:37pm

Congratulations, Your Ladyship.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar » 2017-08-31 11:29pm

Thank you, My lord.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar » 2017-09-19 05:32am

HAIL GARETH AND JULIANA, FIRST OF THEIR NAME, KING AND QUEEN OF SYLVAN ÆTHELMEARC!
I was honored to be part of the morning Court, where King Timothy and Queen Gabriella stepped down. As one of the Attending Heralds, I had custody of the Queen's Crown from the moment Timothy removed it from Gabriella until Gareth crowned Juliana. I can't describe how I felt to simply be there, holding this tiny piece of gilded metal that represented so much of what I hold dear.

And yes, they're from WV, so we fellow WVians are already hard on the jokes about "Redneck Reign" and "Hillbilly Highnesses". :)

Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark » 2017-09-19 10:17am

Speaking as an Outlander, I respect your accomplishments, but you would always be welcome in our kingdom. Hillbillies and mountaineers aren't so very different.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker