Why are IT/Tech Support people freaks?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Norseman wrote:I can only talk for myself, but there wouldn't be enough money in the world to make me take the position you just described... However integrating them as a part of the litigation team? Having them sit in on meetings (other than meetings that deal more or less exclusively with the IT segment)? This is helpful how? What conceivable benefit could you or they get from this?
Oh come now, if someone offered you $10,000/day to do that, you'd say 'yep, sure, whatever you want' and happily retire after a couple of years on the job. Or at least, anyone sane would.
Norseman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norseman »

Starglider wrote:
Norseman wrote:I can only talk for myself, but there wouldn't be enough money in the world to make me take the position you just described... However integrating them as a part of the litigation team? Having them sit in on meetings (other than meetings that deal more or less exclusively with the IT segment)? This is helpful how? What conceivable benefit could you or they get from this?
Oh come now, if someone offered you $10,000/day to do that, you'd say 'yep, sure, whatever you want' and happily retire after a couple of years on the job. Or at least, anyone sane would.
It's called hyperbole :-P And I seriously doubt we're talking that kind of money. You would however have to go into really, really absurd amounts before I'd even consider it.
Norseman's Fics the SD archive of my fics.
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

I know I have been long absent and all that but this is my two cents.

I am the head of the IT department, not in legal stuff but in Relestate.

Most people that know about IT at any real level has a problem in communicating that information to other people, and in many cases have no desire what so ever in doing just that.

I had a subordinate telling me that any moron should know that and refused to help her because the question was to easy, he is no longer with us. Not because of that single instance but the multitude of similar examples like refusing to fill papers in printers and so on. I fired his ass.

It is the bloody fucking duty of people in IT that knows abot stuff to transfer that knowledge to as many people as possible.

I just finished a b ig project involving Wikipedia for internal use an populated it with a shit load of information that I had in excell, word and a bunch of other places. (Office server 2007 and wiki for da win) :)
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius