13%
Believe there is a god, but follow no organised religion
13%

Total votes: 32

Lusankya
ChiCom

What do we believe?

Post by Lusankya »

There have been a lot of threads about this lately, and I was just curious about how many of us were Atheists, Chrisistian, Muslim etc... the ones I can think of are on the poll.

Sorry if I forgot you. It's not a slight on your religion at all, just me being my usual absent-minded self.
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I am the Grand Archon of the Pyroterrians, a segment of the Holy Order of the Cheese that believes that Cheese is the great power of the universe, but also recognizes that fire is cool.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

anarchistbunny wrote:I am the Grand Archon of the Pyroterrians, a segment of the Holy Order of the Cheese that believes that Cheese is the great power of the universe, but also recognizes that fire is cool.
Can I join? What must I do? You don't have any strange dietary habits, do you?
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

You should join my religion we celebrate Festivus and the Feast of Maximum Occupancy! :)
Next of Kin
Rabid Monkey

Post by Next of Kin »

Plus I look like quite the holy dude when you give my avatar a glance over.
Anarchist Bunny

Yes you can, which one the Order, or the Pyrotarrians, Also there is another segment of the Order called the Brotherhood of the Bent Spoon but my friend is incharge of that. No odd dietary habits except you can't eat Guda for it is the evil cheese, occasionally ritualistic eating of swiss cheese(the holyest of all cheeses).
Wiilite
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Re: What do we believe?

Post by Galvatron »

I believe I'll have another beer.
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

Either/or. I'mnot fussed.

I could live with those restrictions. WHen do you eat Swiss cheese? Tuesday afternoons?
- Darth Wong
Anarchist Bunny

Lusankya wrote:Either/or. I'mnot fussed.

I could live with those restrictions. WHen do you eat Swiss cheese? Tuesday afternoons?
No official time, just once a month.
The Holy Order of the Cheese is the basic level, just for those who believe that cheese is the one true power in the universe.

The Pyroterrians are a section of the Holy Order that also think fire is cool, and spread awareness of the order through arson.

The Bro... damn, I forgot the stoner at the head of this section changed it to the Siblinghood of the Bent Spoon. They are the black ops of the Order. They kill those against the order.
Wiilite
Anarchist Bunny

Hey three-hundredth post. Should of made it more meaningful. Oh well.
Wiilite
Martin Blank
Redshirt

Come a little closer...

Post by Martin Blank »

anarchistbunny wrote:I am the Grand Archon of the Pyroterrians, a segment of the Holy Order of the Cheese that believes that Cheese is the great power of the universe, but also recognizes that fire is cool.
Come a little closer and I'll make you a martyr, and then I'll lead the Pyroterrians to True Glory.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.
Anarchist Bunny

And I'll just be reborn like the Great Pheonix and smite you with my flaming cheesy goodness.
Wiilite
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

I believe there is no god, yet that I am a God Emperor destiny to rule the earth with an iron fist for the sole purpose of spreading misery and suffering.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Read my E-mail address, or hell read my sig, and then you'll know what I believe:D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

I started my own religion once. It was a total flop, even with me handing out High Priest positions like candy.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Antediluvian
Jedi Knight

Post by Antediluvian »

Agnostic, pretty much.

But I used to be a Christian fundamentalist. :shock:
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

I believe that I just soiled myself. Luckily, I'm wearing someone else's pants.

...WHAT?!
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I'm technically Catholic, and tend to believe in God and such (although less so on some of the more dogmatic beliefs, and I love the Roman Catholic Church about as much as malignant tumors). I don't know why: I have not the slightest shred of evidence that God exists, or anything else. I suppose I was (somewhat) successfully indoctrinated when I was young and naive.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Rathark
Padawan Learner

Post by Rathark »

I suspect that more than half the population is borderline agnostic, and must hold onto something to believe in for psychological comfort, inspiration and spiritual strength; even when there is no evidence to support their beliefs. Perhaps that is the true definition of faith.

I have more or less summarized my own belief here. Does anyone here share it, or agree with my theory about the majority of believers? On a similar note, does anyone remember Blaise Pascal's theological theorem?
XaLEv
Lore Monkey

Post by XaLEv »

I'm an Irreligious Discordian.

On a side note, today is Bureaucracy 2, 3168. Something, isn't it?
「かかっ―」
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I tend to believe in 'something'. What that is, I don't know, I just think that there is something.
Supermod
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Dad's Jewish turned Buddist, Mom's Roman Catholic, Me, I'm jsut stuck in the middle.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I'm Chrsitian, but I'm not a Creationist, and I'm definately not a fundamentalist. Those paranoid fundamentalists make me ashamed of my religion.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB