So, what do you DO?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

So, what do you DO?

Post by Lonestar »

As in, what do you do? What's your Job? Student? High school or College? Except for some vague hints in sigs, the most I know about folks are those in the Mess.

I'll go first.

I'm a Cryptologic Technician (Maintenance) Third Class in the USN...Basically this means I fix signals exploitation equipment, which intercepts the bad guy's radio messages and whatnot. I'm Currently on the Bunker Hill, a AEGIS equipped Guided Missile crusier homeported in San Diego. I'll be transferring to an East coast job here in May.

What about YOU?

Mods, if we decide we need to keep it on the down-low, feel free to HOS this thread.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Fifth year cinema major at the University of Iowa.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Junior at a small-town High School in Middle-of-Nowhere, New Hampshire.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Staff Deko/Thunder operator in the Graphics Department of MSNBC.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Currently running a very very small business, designing and publishing RPGs. Also, late in the process of getting a public service job within the Australian gov't bureaucracy.
Danny Bhoy
Jedi Knight

Post by Danny Bhoy »

Working in trading and marketing for a fairly small S'pore outfit with international presence, but based in the Riyadh office of said outfit. Besides Saudi Arabia, my geographical coverage in practice extends to most of the other GCC states, although there's nothing on paper that says I'm empowered to do so. But that suits my employers fine cos that means I have to handle more for the same pay.

Come 30 March, I'll have 365 and wake up. And then it'll be back to the world! Of course if I do make a mess of things, hopefully they'd yank me back sooner.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Fourth year Industrial Engineering student at Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Master's student in Business at UCF, shoe salesman for Kohl's, and visual technician for a local church.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Criminology student at USF. It was better than Engineering. :wink:

I'm also in the Army ROTC. We'll see how that goes though.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I am a high school student in my last year, in Israel, once I finish I'll be in the army for a few years although my job there is not known to me yet.
My major specializations in school are : Physics, math, english, electronical engineering, binary systems, communication systems (Part of electronics), Math. [These are the subjects I took at the highest level possible in the school education system- 5 points]
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Boyish-Tigerlilly
Sith Devotee

Post by Boyish-Tigerlilly »

Ahh. I tutor at the local community college and middle schools, but I am currently a History Major at my local college, but am transfering soon to pursue History/Secondary Education and Anthropology.

Hopefully I will actually get a job so I don't have to work at WaWa again.
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

A levels student at a school in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
LadyJules
Redshirt

Post by LadyJules »

Tev's best friend, Nit's worst nightmare...

Mum to two boys, Senior at Mountain State University studying Pre-Law and Internet & E-Commerce... should graduate in ten more years LOL.

I'm here 'cause Tev said I had to.... LOL

Lady Jules
Exonerate
Sith Marauder

Post by Exonerate »

High School Senior in Southern California, working on college application and suffering from a serious bout of senioritis. Planning on going into engineering.

BoTM, MM, HAB, JL
wilfulton
Jedi Knight

Post by wilfulton »

Assistant Squadron logistics officer in the US army. (spelled backwards: Yes, My Retarded Ass Signed Up.)

I basically sit in an office all day fighting the paperwork monster, a boss who is impossible to please, and of course dealing with Troop XO's, who always come in to me wanting something (I get even with them by always going over to their offices wanting something else).
Gork the Ork sez: Speak softly and carry a Big Shoota!
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

I'm working on a Masters of Accountancy degree at the University of Georgia. Only one more semester, can't believe I have only four months of being a student left.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Recently graduated and partially-employed (i.e. I'm working part-time out of my parents house while I job hunt) electrical engineer.
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

I work for the Forest Grove School District, where I'm an "Instructional Assistant for Technology", which basically means I'm the trained monkey for the tech department. I work there part time while I attend Portland Community College.

I intend to transfer to Portland State University in a term or two where I will earn a degree in history. Then I'll take my experience at FGSD and go find an IT job. Or, who knows, maybe by then they'll realize the department's understaffed and hire me full time... that would certainly be convenient.

The history degree is because I find Computer Science a godawful subject (especially as I can't stand any significant amount of programming), I enjoy studying history, and I'm a lazy son of a bitch. (This is, of course, not the story I'll be telling future prospective employers.)
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Freshman in College, where I sit around, trying to learn. Oh, and in my spare time, a friend and I spar with practice swords he made. Mine is kinda liked the Spatha, his is some phillipino martial arts sword.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

"Data Anlsyst, Business Development Unit, Collections and Compliance Branch, Ontario Ministry of Finance".

Translation: I build Microsoft Access databases that level the entire IT branch going "WTF, you can do that?", and also use the internet and other datasource to hunt down, locate, identify and refer businesses that should be registered to collect Provincal Sales tax and are not, or may be reporting fraudulently.

It's sad when I embarrass 20+ programs with 10 - 15 years experience by building a database in 2 weeks that they said would take them 6 months if they dropped all there other projects and focused on it exclusively.

So very, very sad
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

whops, that should say

Data Analyst
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

I'm the Mac developer at my school, and a fifth-year computer science major.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

I'm currently an armed security guard and soon to be police officer. I am also a member of the Air Force Reserve, 419th Logistics Readiness Squadron and I hold the rank of Senior Airman (E4).

I also do computer troubleshooting/networking on the side.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

University of Colorado at Boulder Economics major who will be graduating in May. I also work as an on call associate for the local soon-to-be-Macy*s store. This means I work pretty much full time, for less benefits than the part-timers, but that I get to make my own schedule.
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Right now I'm a university dropout without a job.

I hope to return to uni in 2007.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin