SHROOM - The Official Trailer

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

SHROOM - The Official Trailer

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

It could be awesome, it could be bullshit. Only one thing is certain - it'll be goddamned ridiculous.
Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Re: SHROOM - The Official Trailer

Post by Seggybop »

Well, the name is appropriate enough
I was completely not ready for that

Looks like they took the most utterly excessive components of western action movies and Japanese animu and combined them together into some kind of unholy abomination of [potential] awesomeness.
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Ok, I'm not sure what the fuck that was, but I know I saw what looked like a LotR troll in samurai armor armed with a minigun battling a schoolgirl with a fucking katana. So either the concept of the movie is "let's do anime, but live action" or I need to talk to my doctor about the meds he has me on.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

What.

The.

Fuck.

:wtf:

That could either be an amazing head trip of epic proportions, or an utter cluster fuck of half realized ideas. Although, I do expect excessive use of slow motion in the fight scenes.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Tasoth wrote: an utter cluster fuck of half realized ideas.
Yeah.

That.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Woah. Whores! Tits! Samurais! Nazis! Flamethrowers! Hookers! Breasts! Dragons! Guns! Gatling guns! HINDENBURGS! What an awesome movie! :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Holy shit it's a real movie. I must go see this.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Sinewmire
Padawan Learner

Post by Sinewmire »

So... model strippers are being incarcerated in a fake Asylum, kept as slaves and forced to fight and strip? Or something? I can't decide if this is awesome or horrific. Maybe both.
"Our terror has to be indiscriminate, otherwise innocent people will cease to fear"
-Josef Stalin
Narkis
Padawan Learner

Post by Narkis »

Or maybe the asylum is real, and everything else is a figment of that girl's imagination. A way for her to "escape" from the gruesome reality, or even the reason she was incarcerated in the first place.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

you guys know you can just check wikipedia right
In February 2009, Snyder released a short synopsis of Sucker Punch which states: "Set in the 1950s, it tells the story of Baby Doll (Browning), who is trying to hide from the pain caused by her evil stepfather and lobotomy. She ends up in mental institution in Brattleboro, Vermont and while there she starts to imagine an alternate reality. She plans to escape from that imaginary world but to do that she needs to steal five objects before she is captured by an unknown adversary. She has 5 days to escape before being lobotomized. In order to cope with the situation, she enters the hyper-real world of her imagination, and the lines between reality and dream begin to blur. She is joined with friends who are inmates from the institution. Lessons learned in the said fantasy world could help the girls escape their real-world fate."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Snyder has described the film as "Alice in Wonderland with machine guns", including dragons, B-52 bombers and brothels.
Excellente.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Well fuck... I'm there. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:you guys know you can just check wikipedia right
Wikipedia is not a valid reference for debate purposes information gathering anything /snobbery
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Snyder has described the film as "Alice in Wonderland with machine guns", including dragons, B-52 bombers and brothels.
Excellente.

Live action Exalted: Modern?
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

I have this sneaking suspicion that it's going to be the tits and guns version of Pan's Labyrinth.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Twigler
Padawan Learner

Post by Twigler »

American McGee's Alice with guns, nazis, strippers, mechs, orcs, and dragons. This could be great.
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Twigler wrote:American McGee's Alice with guns, nazis, strippers, mechs, orcs, and dragons. This could be great.
I think Snyder is being very up-front with the title; I bet the 'sucker punch' is on the audience - they're going in there thinking a katana-mech is going to take on a nazi dragon, and it's going to just be asses getting rocked for two hours, and then it'll be basically this morose and depressing drama about an innocent girl being brutalized by heartless physicians, and then Snyder will laugh his butt off thinking how he pulled one over on everyone.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Temujin
Jedi Master

Post by Temujin »

Well if we're going to have cartoon/video game physics, at least there is a legitimate excuse. And the movie does seem like it's not taking itself too seriously, unlike some Hollywood crap that tries to go this route.
Mr. Harley: Your impatience is quite understandable.
Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry... I wish it were otherwise.

"I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe.
If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other." – Frankenstein's Creature on the glacier[/size]
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Lagmonster wrote:
Twigler wrote:American McGee's Alice with guns, nazis, strippers, mechs, orcs, and dragons. This could be great.
I think Snyder is being very up-front with the title; I bet the 'sucker punch' is on the audience - they're going in there thinking a katana-mech is going to take on a nazi dragon, and it's going to just be asses getting rocked for two hours, and then it'll be basically this morose and depressing drama about an innocent girl being brutalized by heartless physicians, and then Snyder will laugh his butt off thinking how he pulled one over on everyone.
If the film is a massive troll, it'll be even more awesome.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Woah. Whores! Tits! Samurais! Nazis! Flamethrowers! Hookers! Breasts! Dragons! Guns! Gatling guns! HINDENBURGS! What an awesome movie! :D
Don't forget robots.

No ninjas, pirates and zombies though, but still... pretty impressive.
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

I'm on board. Whether bad, god, or terrible, it'll have some cool visuals looks like. So it'll be fun to watch for the "ooooh, pretty" if nothing else.

On a related note, I don't mind Zack Snyder's use of slow motion. I'd rather that than the "shaky cam+6 cuts per second= intense action lol". At least I can understand what's happening and who's punching who.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

General Zod wrote:
Lagmonster wrote:
If the film is a massive troll, it'll be even more awesome.
No.

I still have nightmares about MGS2.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
UnderAGreySky
Jedi Knight

Post by UnderAGreySky »

Between this and The Expendables, my life is set. :D
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies,
Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I
ShadowDragon8685
Village Idiot

Post by ShadowDragon8685 »

Highlord Laan wrote:Live action Exalted: Modern?
Well... Yeah, that actually sounds like a good way to describe this. It looks like it should be...

I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those guilty pleasure movies, like Madagascar, Avatar, Stardust and Kung-Fu Panda (to name a few off the top of my deskhead.)
CaptainChewbacca wrote:Dude...

Way to overwork a metaphor Shadow. I feel really creeped out now.
I am an artist, metaphorical mind-fucks are my medium.