Sir Nitram Has Been Hospitalized

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Sir Nitram Has Been Hospitalized

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I just talked to Lady Tevar and Nitram is being taken to hospital. He's leaking fluids from his belly button, but isn't in pain. That's about all I know. I hope he'll be alright.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Again!?! I hope he recovers quickly.

On a lighter note, he needs to install a sump pump.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Don't know SirNitram except via his posts, but I sure hope it's minor and he's home soon.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Poor SirNitram and Lady Tevar - I know too well medical drama with a spouse. I hope they can help him and get his problems under control or, better yet, fixed.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Oh dear :(

I hope you'll be all right, Sir.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Best wishes Nit, hope you get better soon.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Please get well, Nitram.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

If nothing else, that's got to be...an experience.

Get better soon, Nit.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Re: Sir Nitram Has Been Hospitalized

Post by Sriad »

Imperial Overlord wrote:He's leaking fluids from his belly button
Aw geeze. That may be the worst place to leak fluids from. :?

Get well soon, man.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

*shakes head*

Nitram, Tev, you're both in my thoughts and blessings. My best wishes for this whole ordeal with Nitram's organs, and may it come to a fortuitous, healthy, and swift conclusion.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Oh, great, another excuse for Sir Nitram to be cranky. They just keep piling up.

What everyone else said: we're all waiting to hear of a good resolution to this one.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

To Sir Nitram: Get well soon.

To Lady Tevar: My sympathies.

To members more knowledgeable in the medical field: What can make a person leak fluids from the belly button? An infection? Internal injuries?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Update: Just heard from Tev, the fluid's still draining, albeit at a slower pace. He's not in pain, and they're running more tests to find out what in the name of daylight is going on.

Poor guy has the worst luck with biology I've ever seen...like playing Russian Roulette with double helices in the chambers.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

The spelling skills displayed by the editors of that website do not inspire confidence.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

Best of luck guys.
Get some
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Rogue 9 wrote:
The spelling skills displayed by the editors of that website do not inspire confidence.
spelling skills aside it does provide a quick easy to understand explanation of this particular malady.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

HEEEEEEEEE'S FAKING! :lol:

Get better. :P
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Here we go again..... Good luck Nit!

And try not to flirt with the nurse when your wife is in:D
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Darth Fanboy wrote:
Rogue 9 wrote:
spelling skills aside it does provide a quick easy to understand explanation of this particular malady.
except that it doesnt. Nitram has massive problems with his liver and IIRC GI tract. His abdominal cavity fills with fluid, and he is anemic.

In other words, it is not a bacterial or fungal infection. His body just hates him and I really do hope that it stops hating him at some point

*gives Nit and Tev giant, if gentle, hugs*
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Nitram was admitted to the hospital, and will probably be there until mid-week.

While getting ready to go out to eat, he felt something dripping down his leg. Thinking it was urine, he rushed to the bathroom. Instead, it was his belly button hernia giving under the pressure of his ascites (fluid on the belly), and rupturing painlessly.

As of 11p, he was in a room, hooked up to saline iv, and about to be given 2 units of blood. The ascites continues to seep out of the belly button, and they doctor mentioned possible surgery to repair it. They also mentioned a colonoscopy bag in an attempt to control the fluid escaping.

I am shaky, but fine. He's highly upset, but was in no pain at any time. His worse problem is that he's going to be in the Hospital, with no computer access, no place to get out and walk/pace, and no way to be truly alone. In short, no 'stims' for his Autism, and far too many people around him and touching him to be comfortable.

More news tomorrow.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

*hug*

My heartfelt blessings to both of you.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

You have my best wishes, Tev. Give Nit my regards.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Well, at least it's painless. Best of luck.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

He's requesting a laptop, poor thing. :( Wish I had the money to get him one.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet