NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Re: NFL 2012

Post by Terralthra »

Yes, though the irony of Aaron Rodgers explaining the joke that Ben Roethlisberger repeatedly ruins jokes by explaining them was probably lost on the writer.

Though, you can't simultaneously say that Roethlisberger is a shitty person because he's alleged to have raped someone, and rape is a serious thing AND make 'hilarious' metaphors comparing "ruining a joke" to rape. Either rape is serious, or it isn't. Even Dane Cook got this one right.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

You should take that up with the guys who wrote the jokes.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

"We gotta start password protecting these things." :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Sephirius
Jedi Master

Post by Sephirius »

This blog is the greatest thing on the internet.
Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh man, even the mom joke worked in that one. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hey Elfdart, I hear you guys are gonna start playing Martyball again. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

He IS BACK

I give him a 6 for tackling and a -4 for being chased off by an old man.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:Hey Elfdart, I hear you guys are gonna start playing Martyball again. :lol:
A brilliant move. First you alienate the QB who saved your job. Second, you are now going to rely on a halfback with chronic fumbleitis running behind the same sucktacular O-line. So instead of losing 35-24 you get to lose 35-13. Brilliant!

What he should do is what Joe Gibbs used to do: Keep seven or eight men in to block on obvious passing downs -including an extra tackle or guard. Gates and Floyd are both able to beat double coverage. And get rid of that shotgun shit!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Jesus Christ.

Ed Reed has a torn labrum which he is planning to play through.

FML.
------------
------------
My LPs
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

The Baltimore Sun said Ngata's MCL injury is only a sprain.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thanas wrote:Jesus Christ.

Ed Reed has a torn labrum which he is planning to play through.

FML.
Stop being a 12 year old girl on Facebook. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:Stop being a 12 year old girl on Facebook. :lol:
Your teams SB hopes are not being decreased day by day. So, you better pray your team does not suddenly lose Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis and Frank Gore this week.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Did you WATCH the Niners-Giants game? I hope we can stay on course to win the division at this point. That was a demoralizing loss.

It's not like the Chargers... they are used to that kinda stuff, our D hasn't experienced anything like that in over, like, 3+ years.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

Thanas wrote:
Havok wrote:Stop being a 12 year old girl on Facebook. :lol:
Your teams SB hopes are not being decreased day by day. So, you better pray your team does not suddenly lose Patrick Willis, Vernon Davis and Frank Gore this week.
I think he was referring specifically to your use of the highly annoying phrase "FML", by the way he bolded and colored the text yellow, rather than the lamenting of your team's fortunes. Many 12yo girls (and far too many others) say "FML", not many are talking about injuries depleting the Baltimore Ravens' defensive unit affecting their chances for success.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^I wasn't aware it had any such connotations, I just thought it would be a good abbreviation to describe how my sport teams are faring right now.

Havok wrote:Did you WATCH the Niners-Giants game? I hope we can stay on course to win the division at this point. That was a demoralizing loss.

It's not like the Chargers... they are used to that kinda stuff, our D hasn't experienced anything like that in over, like, 3+ years.
Oh Booohoooooo. Your team is still healthy. Mine has a sucky defence and ALL of our marque D players are injured.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah, you guys are in a rough spot. Here's hoping the Steelers don't sweep you. :P
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

The 9ers should win tonight. Then again even Tom Lady couldn't beat them, so who the fuck knows?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Yawn

Has the game started yet?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Did they bribe the fucking refs to NEVER call holding, illegal contact or pass interference on these fucking guys.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

It's bizzaar, man. Seattle has had like every bad or missed call go their way all season, even with the fucking scabs. It's the only reason they are 4-2.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

And Smith needs to not worry about fucking INTs. He has to get the ball down field. He clearly is so concerned about throwing them that it is paralyzing him as far as taking anything but the most conservative of throws.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Flagg wrote:It's bizzaar, man. Seattle has had like every bad or missed call go their way all season, even with the fucking scabs. It's the only reason they are 4-2.
I mean, I'm not just being a homer right? They are literally showing replays where they are hold and making illegal contact 10 yards down field.

It's like "Oh hey Refs, we are big and slow and play physical." "Well OK then we won't call anything on you." "Cool, thanks."
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:
Flagg wrote:It's bizzaar, man. Seattle has had like every bad or missed call go their way all season, even with the fucking scabs. It's the only reason they are 4-2.
I mean, I'm not just being a homer right? They are literally showing replays where they are hold and making illegal contact 10 yards down field.

It's like "Oh hey Refs, we are big and slow and play physical." "Well OK then we won't call anything on you." "Cool, thanks."
No, you're on the mark. I saw a blatant facemask on the fucking QB not called. And lets not get into the Fail Mary throw.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man, that INT. I saw the same thing Smith saw, which was not that guy coming back from the left. :lol:

There was too much hesitation though, he either needed to throw it away or throw it sooner.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)