Underground/Illegal
14%
Other
14%

Total votes: 7

aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

2 more days until UFC 66, and the Cro Cop signing rumors are going wild. The UFC hasn't released an official statement, but every MMA site is going nuts and they all have "sources" saying that they've done the deal. Apparently they'll make the official announcement at UFC 66, we'll see. God I hope it's true.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Source

Looks real to me! Besides, wouldn't Pride have said something if it they had re-signed him? Pride can't compete with the UFC's money.

Wonder what Big Timmy is thinking right now. :)
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I can't wait to see Michael Bisping again. And I definately want to see Crocop in... Woo!
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Watching Leben get choked unconscious was worth it for the entire event. He went red, then purple, then passed out cold while trying to tap out, this is going into my Chris Leben highlight files along with the knockout he suffered at the hands of Anderson Silva. Jason MacDonald's impression of Leben going to sleep was fucking priceless. :lol:

Cro Cop signing is official, fuck yeah! Can't wait to see Timmy get his head taken off.

Lots of shots of Rampage throughout the night, looks like they're setting up for a Rampage/Chuck rematch.

Bisping fight wasn't quite as expected, he was completely dominant in TUF but looked to be having trouble tonight. Almost every time he went for a kick he got his leg caught and taken down and it looked like he was losing the round until he pulled out a TKO.

Forest/Jardine went pretty much as expected until Jardine nailed him with a couple good punches to the head. Griffin went down and tried to pull guard, but Jardine got a good position and bounced his head off the mat a few times with solid punches. The Dean of Mean gets a well deserved win.

Main event was also as expected. Tito was saved by the bell in the 1st round, came back to win the 2nd, and was doing well in the 3rd until Chuck nailed him with one of his trademark punches. Tito went down and Chuck punched him out on the ground.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Finally got around to seeing UFC65. Matt Hughes seems to attract testes hits somehow. Though I can say that I'm fucking happy about GSP.

As for Sylvia/Monson. Aside from a few moments of inspired BJJ/wrestling it was a fucking snorefest.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Watching 66...

Bisping! FUCK YEAH. He cleaned house on TUF3 and proves now that it was no fluke at all. Rule fuckin' Britannia.

More to come as I see it.

*edit 1*
Fucking jeebus. UFC67 has a sexy lineup.\

*edit 2*

HAHAHAHAHA! Arlovski just made that guy eat shit. That was fucking hilarious. What a complete douchebag move, but fucking fantastic none the less.

*edit 3*

[Bill Lawry]Got him! YES! FUCK OFF YOU'RE OUT![/Bill Lawry] Chris Leben going out was fantastic. Stop giving the bastard fights.

*edit 4*

Fuck. Jardine just destroyed Griffin. I had wondered for a long time about that fight. Well, either way, someone was going down hard in that fight.
Last edited by weemadando on 2007-01-05 05:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

weemadando wrote:HAHAHAHAHA! Arlovski just made that guy eat shit. That was fucking hilarious. What a complete douchebag move, but fucking fantastic none the less.
Yeah, but 100% legal. The ref was going to stand both of them up but the other guy insisted that they continue from the same position, so they restarted the fight from the ground and Arlovski nailed him fair & square. Then you see Arlovski get up after the win and shrug as if going "oh well, what the fuck?"
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

aerius wrote:
weemadando wrote:HAHAHAHAHA! Arlovski just made that guy eat shit. That was fucking hilarious. What a complete douchebag move, but fucking fantastic none the less.
Yeah, but 100% legal. The ref was going to stand both of them up but the other guy insisted that they continue from the same position, so they restarted the fight from the ground and Arlovski nailed him fair & square. Then you see Arlovski get up after the win and shrug as if going "oh well, what the fuck?"
Oh no, I agree that it was completely legal, but I just love it when someone suckerpunches someone else in a professional fighting league.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Finally watched the Liddell v Ortiz fight. Not that interesting. I mean a good fight with some back and forth, but not brilliant. Liddell is looking pretty much unstoppable though.

And now to find details on Pride FC Shockwave 2006.
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

weemadando wrote:And now to find details on Pride FC Shockwave 2006.
Definitely check out Shinya Aoki vs. Joachim Hansen. It's the only time I've ever seen a fight end in a gogoplata submission.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Yeah, the BJJ instructor I work with just about had his head explode when I told him... And fucking hell, Mark Hunt was way more impressive on the ground than I would have given him credit for.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Why Randy, why? Why are you coming back to fight Timmy? I'll still cheer for him to pull off the big upset, but seriously, why? :?
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Randy is just too small to beat Tim. He lost to Ricco and Barnett for the same reason. I'll cheer for him anyway, though.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Is Randy coming back to fight Tim Sylvia?

Dear god, that isn't going to be pretty.

And the Pride Shockwave event is worth finding. Fucking amazing card.
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

If anyone is interested, a new fantasy MMA site is up. I'm on there as 'Zadius' if anyone wants to join me. The first event to make your picks for is the UFC 67, coming up.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I'm registered as weemadando.

Fight camp SDNet has been registered. So, if you want to join, just PM me here or there.

Another edit - that fucking site is sweet. VIRTUAL GAMBLING!
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Ok, I've joined the camp and all my picks are made. I can't wait to see Crocop and Rampage debut!
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Heath Herring's debut in the UFC was a disappointment, reminded me of the Cheik Kongo fight in UFC 64. Absolutely no takedown defence and he couldn't hit anything with his punches, he got schooled.

Spencer Fisher and Hermes Franca was the best fight of the night, Spencer had crisp technical strikes while Franca swung his punches in Tank Abbot style. Lots of action, fight went back & forth until Fisher got nailed by a wild punch and then hit with a flurry and TKO'd. Franca then did a GSP impression and begged for a title shot after his win. Good luck with BJ Penn moving back down to lightweight.

Rashad Evans finally finishes a fight in a convincing fashion. Probably the 2nd best fight of the night, Salmon gave him a run for the money but looked a bit tired when he got nailed with a high kick.

Ed Herman got a sub on the other dude, not really a memorable fight except for all the blood.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Anyone on MMA Playground will need to update fight picks - they've instituted a new section on the tipping, so be sure you're up to date.

Also. FUCK YES - UFC 67 will be the first one shown on Australian TV... So I'll actually be going to see this live, rather than waiting for the internets.

*edit* Well I would be if not for shitty timings. DAMNIT! Ah well. At least I can watch them in future!
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Holy shit! Gomi/Diaz fight at Pride last night was fucking insane, and even though it's only February it's pretty much a sure bet for fight of the year. Overall, probably the best fight card I've ever seen, UFC 68 is going to be a complete letdown after watching Pride 33 last night.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The winner, and new UFC heavyweight champion of the world, Randy "The Natural" Couture!!!

Suck it down Timmy, you got schooled for 5 rounds. I didn't think Randy could pull off the win, but damn am I ever happy he did. It was pretty unreal, Randy knocked down Timmy with a leg kick/overhand right combo in the opening exchange and from then on it was all Couture. Timmy got beaten on the standup and taken down at will & pounded for the rest of the fight, earning Randy the unanimous decision win. It was a trademark Randy Couture fight.
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Randy is the man. I really thought he'd lose, but instead he made Timmy look like a fool out there.

This means Mirko will probably face Randy for the title, and to be honest, Randy has a decent chance of getting him down. He's got the right style to frustrate Crocop. He doesn't usually shoot for a take-down, he prefers to press forward, throw combinations, and clinch and use his greco-roman wrestling skills to get the fight down. That's how Fedor beat Crocop, so it could work, but can he do it without getting knocked out in the process. I can wait to see!
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

I've been saying for a long time that Sylvia is just plain over-rated. He lacks technical skill and has relied on size to force a result. And typically, Matt Hughes jumps to his defense after the event saying that Tim was injured but didn't want to make excuses.

I'm getting fed up with the lack of skills shown by the products of the Miletich camp. They are good fighters, but Hughes and Sylvia (the flagship products) have been quite frankly outclassed. Hughes looked like Josh Koschek in his first Ultimate Fighter fight - get on top and then do nothing and end up winning with a decision.
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

The UFC owners are buying Pride FC. The rumors have been around for months, but it's now apparently confirmed.
Sherdog wrote:Report: Sakakibara Informs Staff of Pending Sale

PRIDE CEO Nobuyuki Sakakibara informed staff inside the Japanese promoter's Los Angeles office Wednesday that he was stepping down as part of an agreement to sell the company to Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta, who own the UFC.

According to a report by Dave Meltzer at wrestlingobserver.com, Sakakibara suggested only minor points separate the deal, which Sherdog.com first rumored on Monday, from reaching its conclusion. No contract has been signed, the report said.

While Sakakibara appears to be leaving a company he's been a part of since its inception in 1997, the man who stepped in as PRIDE CEO after Naoto Morishita committed suicide told his staff that the company would remain intact and autonomous from the UFC, but that hurdles no longer remain between UFC versus PRIDE cards, Meltzer reported.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Damn. Maybe we'll finally find out who the best fighters really are. So many possibilities for dream matches.