Don't really care/up to the woman in question
42%
Who cares about bras! Me want breasts!! :mrgreen:
30%

Total votes: 66

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

jmac wrote:A friend of mine wears a swimsuit under her clothing which I guess does the same thing as a bra, but she claims it's far more comfortable for her.
Would that not make bathroom visits awkward?
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I'd assume that it's a two-piece...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

aerius wrote:Bras are my nemesis, and they are evil. I still can't consistently unhook the damn things without using both hands, those clasps, they're devious, they're just so many different kinds that I can't get it right. Why can't they make a standardized clasp for all bras so that I can undo them with one hand on the first try?
I feel your pain. I think velcro would be a good replacement.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

It's nice when chicks go topless... but that's rare...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

Bras are my nemesis, and they are evil. I still can't consistently unhook the damn things without using both hands, those clasps, they're devious, they're just so many different kinds that I can't get it right. Why can't they make a standardized clasp for all bras so that I can undo them with one hand on the first try?
Seconded
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

aerius wrote:Bras are my nemesis, and they are evil. I still can't consistently unhook the damn things without using both hands, those clasps, they're devious, they're just so many different kinds that I can't get it right. Why can't they make a standardized clasp for all bras so that I can undo them with one hand on the first try?
Most of them it's just put the thumb on one side of the clasp, and index on the other, and squeeze...
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
BrYaN19kc
Jedi Knight

Post by BrYaN19kc »

If a woman can walk down the street without wearing a bra and manage not to blacken her eyes from the bounce, then she should be allowed to go without one! :)
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I'd assume that it's a two-piece...
Well, in that case presumably only one of two pieces (don't see any reason for two layers down under). But then how is that different from a bra?
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I don't know. You'd have to ask jmac why her friend wears a bathing suit rather than a bra, and if she wears the bottoms instead of panties.

But she did say something about her friend feeling it was more comfortable, breast-wise...

EDIT: And I think she probably meant bathing suit as in just the top, anyway.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I don't know. You'd have to ask jmac why her friend wears a bathing suit rather than a bra, and if she wears the bottoms instead of panties.
Is there really even a difference? I know once my date to a tropical dance wore the bottom of a bathing suit instead of panties because it hung out a little and was sparkly and such, but I don't see why it would make a difference in everyday wear.

For that matter, maybe I don't want to know.
Darth Gojira
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Gojira »

*Drool*
What about bras? :wink:
Hokey masers and giant robots are no match for a good kaiju at your side, kid
Post #666: 5-24-03, 8:26 am (Hey, why not?)
Do you not believe in Thor, the Viking Thunder God? If not, then do you consider your state of disbelief in Thor to be a religion? Are you an AThorist?-Darth Wong on Atheism as a religion
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

A good push-up bra can add a little extra drool-worthiness to a girl. Without bras, boys would never complete the rite of passage into manhood by learning and successfully performing the "bra unhook without looking" maneuver.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

I chose "Yes" for the bra option because, unless I'm sleeping or cleaning my place (which I do in a tank top I had when I was 10--it's all tight and sort of mid-riffy now, so it sort of acts like a bra), I have one on. Some are plain, some are cute, some are black, some are lacy. I have a whole bunch of different kinds, for different moods.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

[costanza's dad]you know about the cups? you got the a, the b, the c ...[/costanza's dad]

That's really all I have to contribute to this thread. Even when I was overweight, I never had man-boobs.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

Howedar wrote:
jmac wrote:A friend of mine wears a swimsuit under her clothing which I guess does the same thing as a bra, but she claims it's far more comfortable for her.
Would that not make bathroom visits awkward?
She wears a one-piece swimsuit under her clothes, which as you pointed out would make bathroom visits rather inconvenient. Personally I don't find swimsuits all that comfortable, to me I rate their comfort level somewhere in between a regular bra and a sports bra. I sure wouldn't want to wear a swimsuit all day.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Breasts are the most wonderful thing evolution ever invented. It's almost enough to make you believe in intelligent design..."Hmm, we've made 'woman', and that's great, but how about we make woman even BETTER!"

As for bras, the most important thing is whether or not the woman is comfortable, being as their her breasts and all. After that, it entirely depends on what the woman looks like--breasts supported and shaped in a bra usually look better under a shirt than those that are hanging free, IMHO.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Beowulf wrote:
aerius wrote:<snip rant on how bras are too hard to unhook>
Most of them it's just put the thumb on one side of the clasp, and index on the other, and squeeze...
Yeah, most of them. Then there's the ones where you have to squeeze them together and twist clasps around each other, and the ones that go under & over or something, and there's one that snaps into place, and the one with hidden latches and...well, you get the idea. The "standard" clasp I can deal with, it's those other funky ones that trip me up. Thank god my GF doesn't wear bras much, and that hers are the simple kind I can undo.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Vympel wrote:[costanza's dad]you know about the cups? you got the a, the b, the c ...[/costanza's dad]
LOL, I remember that one.

I base my whole life on knowing that the D is the biggest[/George]
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I actually find bras to be sexy (well, the pretty lacy ones anyway, not the dumpy plain white cotton) and frequently would leave that on my GF while engaging in a massive passion attack....
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Heh, I actually like plain bras over lacy ones.

For me lace is kind of scary. :mrgreen:

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

David wrote:
Montcalm wrote:
Keevan_Colton wrote:I'm not overly bothered....though nix the naked idea....it's fucking cold here in scotland most of the time.....
Expecialy when a silly Scots don`t have anything under his kilt. :wink:

Montcalm may some be going the way of the dinosaurs if he doesn't watch his tounge. :evil:
Kilts? Did someone say... Kilts? Where? And where's a "Men Without Pants" party when you need one?

Edit: Said party is found only where SCA people have a private camp and drinking is highly encouraged. Those men entering the camp party are ... umm... encouraged ... to check their undies at the door. Usually the doorkeepers are the best looking women in the camp, too.. in very skimpy rabbitfur bikinis.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

RedImperator wrote:Breasts are the most wonderful thing evolution ever invented. It's almost enough to make you believe in intelligent design..."Hmm, we've made 'woman', and that's great, but how about we make woman even BETTER!"
Of course they were intelligently designed. I, the great SirNitram, designed them.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

aerius wrote:Yeah, most of them. Then there's the ones where you have to squeeze them together and twist clasps around each other, and the ones that go under & over or something, and there's one that snaps into place, and the one with hidden latches and...well, you get the idea. The "standard" clasp I can deal with, it's those other funky ones that trip me up. Thank god my GF doesn't wear bras much, and that hers are the simple kind I can undo.
Never had to both with any funky ones... :twisted:
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

For me, it depends on the boobs. We had a rainy day last year and at my school the PAC(Preforming Arts Center) is about 200 yards away from the rest of the rest of the campus(bad estimate, I'm horrible at measuring distance in units with the eye) and we had to walk over there. I got in about 5 minutes before anyone else, and before it started raining, but we had several chicks with white shirts on. Although none of them were braless several had nice perky breast that made me really wish they didn't.

But, if they are saggy or fatty, then yeah, bra would be a must.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

jmac wrote: She wears a one-piece swimsuit under her clothes, which as you pointed out would make bathroom visits rather inconvenient.
God, seems like you'd have to disrobe entirely...