Fuck this board

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:would you believe I have become uncomfortably numb?
Perhaps you've been sitting down too long then.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I can. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

Stark wrote:This whole Aprils Fools is full of failure. Can nobody prank anymore?
well, around here with all the cynical people it would be difficult to get people to believe much of anything...
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Death from the Sea wrote:well, around here with all the cynical people it would be difficult to get people to believe much of anything...
You'd think that - but even in the most obviously-AFD thread there are people acting like it's real. :)
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

EDIT-Saw the extra posts, i am now conviced this is just some attention whoring of the lowest type.

Zor
Last edited by Zor on 2007-04-02 01:59am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Singular Intellect
Jedi Council Member

Post by Singular Intellect »

Stark wrote:This whole Aprils Fools is full of failure. Can nobody prank anymore?
I've spent too much time on this board and seen the behavior of users far too often to be fooled by such, honestly, unimaginative attempts. :P
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I do believe I called this one in my very first post :mrgreen:
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I should point out that that was not Shaithis' last post, as he put in an appearance in Spamworld yesterday. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Only the best, that's what AFD is about. Since everyone knows about AFD nowadays actually pranking someone on it either shows your skill as a prankster or the foolishness of the fooled.
That's why I'm annoyed at the pranks with so called 'lead up'. On a regular non-AFD day people have no reason to automatically assume your not telling the truth, so it's a lot easier to con them (consider how many times an article from The Onion has been taken as real). With 'lead up', on the day when you have to prank someone expecting to be pranked all you have to do is say "April Fools ha ha!" rather than putting in some effort on the day like eveyone else, it kinda takes all the challenge out of it.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

This is SDnet. It is filled with people too cynical for ASVS, too intelligent for SB, and too sane for 4chan. If you're looking for people who will go, "D'ohhhhh, you got me good!", you won't find them here.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

fgalkin wrote:I can. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
At least 30 people pranked a ather large portion of the board. Image
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

If only Rye had a vagina... :(
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

No, see, we can, it's just that when we do, people get up in arms over it and want an apology and reparations.
Enforcer Talen
Warlock

Post by Enforcer Talen »

2000AD wrote:
Only the best, that's what AFD is about. Since everyone knows about AFD nowadays actually pranking someone on it either shows your skill as a prankster or the foolishness of the fooled.
That's why I'm annoyed at the pranks with so called 'lead up'. On a regular non-AFD day people have no reason to automatically assume your not telling the truth, so it's a lot easier to con them (consider how many times an article from The Onion has been taken as real). With 'lead up', on the day when you have to prank someone expecting to be pranked all you have to do is say "April Fools ha ha!" rather than putting in some effort on the day like eveyone else, it kinda takes all the challenge out of it.
I have to say, coordinating 20 people over 3 weeks was very challenging :D
This day is Fantastic!
Myers Briggs: ENTJ
Political Compass: -3/-6
DOOMer WoW
"I really hate it when the guy you were pegging as Mr. Worst Case starts saying, "Oh, I was wrong, it's going to be much worse." " - Adrian Laguna
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

Enforcer Talen wrote: I have to say, coordinating 20 people over 3 weeks was very challenging :D
Depends on the group, did you have any dissention in the ranks at all?

Also highlights why it's called April Fools Day and not April Fools Weeks Leading up to the 1st of April. Are we going to be able to trust anything you say next March? Are you planning to do 3 months lead up instead of 3 weeks? For all we know anything that is said in the next few weeks is 'lead up' to next years AFD.
(IIRC) After the 'Rob Wilson joke' people agreed to keep AFD to AFD, not do 'lead up' in the days before. If we make a simular agreement now can anyone be sure that people will stick to it? Or is April Fools Day next year going to be preceeded by March Paranoiads Month?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Lonestar wrote:
fgalkin wrote:I can. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
At least 30 people pranked a ather large portion of the board. Image
I don't think that counts as a "prank." More like "misuse of official resources"

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Wait, wait, wait... Rye is a dude?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Wait, wait, wait... Rye is a dude?
No
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Why is this thread still alive?
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Re: Fuck this board

Post by Metatwaddle »

Rye wrote:(to borrow a phrase from RI, who is one of the few people that's contributed anything remotely innovative to this stale shit pot, despite being a fucking arsehole and rubbing everyone's nose in the fact he's getting laid)
Hey, if you were fucking a girl half as awesome as the girl RI's fucking, you'd be bragging too.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Matt Huang wrote:Why is this thread still alive?
Because we are all sad sad people with absolutely nothing better to do on a Monday.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Re: Fuck this board

Post by Surlethe »

Discombobulated wrote:Hey, if you were fucking a girl half as awesome as the girl RI's fucking, you'd be bragging too.
I see RI's attitudes are also rubbing off onto you. :wink:
Oni Koneko Damien wrote:This is SDnet. It is filled with people too cynical for ASVS, too intelligent for SB, and too sane for 4chan. If you're looking for people who will go, "D'ohhhhh, you got me good!", you won't find them here.
Oh, sure you will. It's just that if they go "D'ohhh, you got me good!", then you got them really damned good, because they just aren't gotten otherwise.
Last edited by Surlethe on 2007-04-03 03:43am, edited 1 time in total.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

fgalkin wrote:
Lonestar wrote:At least 30 people pranked a ather large portion of the board. Image
I don't think that counts as a "prank." More like "misuse of official resources"

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
More like "awesome use of official resources". Image

It is the considered and highly-insignificant view of the President of Testing that there are some folks who are taking the internet just a smidgen too seriously as evidenced by the whining over the masterstroke mess the Mess made.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk