Sir Nitram Has Been Hospitalized

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Nitram is home now.

The doctors say no reason to keep him any longer, just for observation's sake. They decided he did not need surgery, they believe since the fluid's stopped flowing for the moment he's doing ok, and they gave him two more units of blood as well as a coloscopy bag to catch any fluid that may continue to leak out.

I'm to watch him the next couple of days, empty the bag as needed, and he'll check back with the doctors in a few days.

they should have kept him, should have done the tests they have scheduled for the 7th now, should have sewn the belly shut, should have kept him to find out WTF is wrong to make his blood pressure drop to 90/30! But what do I know... I'm just a dumb redneck hick, and he wanted to come home!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I'm pleased that he's home, and I hope that they're able to fix him. Stop being so dysfunctional Nitram! :wink:
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Glad to hear he's no longer hospitalized. Hope things remain calm from here on out.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

:::scratches head:::

His pressure relief valve released?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Hang in there, Nit.

Hope they get to the bottom of this sooner than later.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Broomstick wrote::::scratches head:::

His pressure relief valve released?
yeah, sounds like it. hopefully one day we will have replacement parts plentiful for the whole lot of us. (now where do I go to get that new pancrease?)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

LadyTevar wrote: they should have kept him, should have done the tests they have scheduled for the 7th now, should have sewn the belly shut, should have kept him to find out WTF is wrong to make his blood pressure drop to 90/30! But what do I know... I'm just a dumb redneck hick, and he wanted to come home!
Probably to help you save money? Its not as if they're going to be able to do anything actively in the hospital other than waiting for a test, although the BP thing sounds iffy...... Where House when you need him?
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
eyl
Jedi Knight

Post by eyl »

Best wishes for a speedy (and full) recovery
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Glad to hear he made it back. The love you two have for each other is remarkable; I'm sure that many relationships would have cracked under the pressure.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

^What Surlethe said.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

Hmm, is Nitram's care covered under your health insurance?
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I TOLD THEM THEY SHOULD HAVE FUCKIN" KEPT HIM!!!!!!!!!

Nitram is back int he hospital as of 10p EDT Sunday, although it took until 3 fuckin' AM to get him to a room. His belly button started seeping/pouring fluid again, but this time it was bloody.

Thank god we've got my insurance as well as his Disablitiy coverage thru the Feds. I hope they pay for the fuckin' Private Room we got.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Egads.

Glad to hear you guys have insurance. Now if they'd just fix him so he'd stay fixed.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Egad.........
How is he feeling?
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
The Yosemite Bear

seeping blood I would say not well at all.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Best wishes to you both.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

LadyTevar wrote:I TOLD THEM THEY SHOULD HAVE FUCKIN" KEPT HIM!!!!!!!!!

Nitram is back int he hospital as of 10p EDT Sunday, although it took until 3 fuckin' AM to get him to a room. His belly button started seeping/pouring fluid again, but this time it was bloody.

Thank god we've got my insurance as well as his Disablitiy coverage thru the Feds. I hope they pay for the fuckin' Private Room we got.
Aw fuck.

I really hope he gets better soon. That sucks.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Again, my best wishes to Nitram and you, Lady Tev.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Yes, they should have listened to you; hopefully now they will.

Again, here's to Sir Nitram's speedy re-recovery.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

Holy shit....Nitram must have been the unholy amalgamation of Ghengis Khan, Joseph Stalin, and Benedict Arnold in a series of past lives to have any excuse for karma this bad.

Be well, and champion the cause of dermal integrity for all.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

He's being pumped full of antibiotics for the signs of infection they found in his fluid. It's made him more awake and active than he had been the last week. There are still small traces of blood in the fluid, which is still seeping whenever he sits up. When he stands, it pours even faster.

He's allowed to eat food now, but they are going to set him up for a endoscopy and a colonoscopy as soon as they have the infection under control. The surgeon came by, and said that while they can repair the hernia, the chances of it re-opening were too high to make surgery a valid option at the moment.

And his Mum is here now.

He's still begging for a laptop or 'something' to distract him. The hospital does have a wifi in every room.

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

LadyTevar wrote: He's still begging for a laptop or 'something' to distract him. The hospital does have a wifi in every room.
PSPs are significantly cheaper than a laptop and wifi capable, if you're wanting suggestions. ;)
The Yosemite Bear

MUM Would have to supply what ever it turns out to be.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I know times are tough for some, but I was serious about donating to the laptop fund. I'm not sure about the best way to get it started or anything. Ideas?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

For what its worth, I could spare 10-15 bucks worth of money.

I won't repeat myself about wishes, so just this: get well. :)

Again, a laptop isn't the only thing you could do.

I would recommend some audiobooks or something. Takes away time and would provide something to distract himself.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.