World Cup 2014

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Queue
Lex Volcanus

Re: World Cup 2014

Post by Queue »

I've split out everything from Thanas' "joke" onwards. It's in the HoS, and it's locked. Thanas has apologized for the offense, which is basically what adults expect of each other in hindsight. I'm gonna trust we're done with this.

Edit because I should: I want it to be clear that no, nobody is justified in using historical slurs. People who think people deserve the horrible labels their fucking great-grandparents earned are just wrong. I've been convinced that there is room for a discussion on the issue, so if people want to talk about that separate from the conflict between Thanas and Coffee, there'll be a thread in SLAM for it.

Second, I want to be clear that I accept at face value Coffee's status as a victim of addiction. I'm willing to excuse what happened as him lashing out over something he feels personally upset about. I won't ask him to let it go, but I am asking him to man up and not try to hurt people back.
I feel a presence. Another warrior is on the mesa.
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Re: World Cup 2014

Post by Spekio »

So the latest analysis says the world cup had, in the best case scenario, a null impact in the economy. Yay.