NFL 2014 season

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: NFL 2014 season

Post by Havok »

Fuck you.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:Fuck you.
Hav has a sad. And I has a sad for him. :cry:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:Fuck you.
Don't feel too bad. After the genius owners of the Niners run Harbaugh out of town, I'm sure they'll find a suitable replacement.

I hear Wade Phillips is tanned, rested and ready!
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

San Diego will never win a Superbowl.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

We fucking lost because our offence decided to take the day off. And our secondary is unable to hold up to Case Keenum.

UGH.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah, you guys screwed the pooch pretty hard today.

My last hope of someone to root for is KC beating SD and some other stuff happening. So sorry Elfdart, but fuck you again.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

The only way Kansas City can make the playoffs is if they beat San Diego next week AND both the Ravens and Texans lose at home. Advanced Football Analytics has their playoff odds at 4%.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Neither the Ravens nor the Texans instill me with a lot of confidence anywhere this year.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah, if Hoyer starts we have a very hard task ahead of us.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Havok wrote:Neither the Ravens nor the Texans instill me with a lot of confidence anywhere this year.
But you apparently are confident in the Browns and fucking Jacksonville on the road? Where one of those teams actually WANTS to lose so they get a better draft pick? Come on.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Woohoo Playoffs!
Not that the post-season record is very good, but still.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Man, Peyton doesn't look like himself. He must be pretty banged up.

Also not helping matters was that he had zero time in the pocket, but even so.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Pickton Manning chokes a lot. I see no reason to attribute this to anything but his usual choking antics in big games.

And this season he has been bailed out by his D a lot. He threw more interceptions than Eli for crying out loud.
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Manning's showing signs of...stress, shall we say, the Niners are done, Manziel's a pile of hot garbage. I guess ESPN's just gonna have to go back to jerking off the SEC to fill their daily football quota.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Alferd Packer wrote:Manning's showing signs of...stress, shall we say, the Niners are done, Manziel's a pile of hot garbage. I guess ESPN's just gonna have to go back to jerking off the SEC to fill their daily football quota.
No, they still got Andy Dalton to debate about. And if all else fails, they will simply dust of the old "manning vs brady" and "Legacy = rings?" debates.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Hey, we might end up playing our last game of the regular season without both tackles. Our RT (second best RT in the league and best pass-blocking RT according to PFF) just went on IR, our LT status is unknown at this point.

That is now 20 players on IR. Holy shit, when will this injury bug ever end?
------------
------------
My LPs
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

The Cardinals are going to start their rookie QB against the 49ers next week.

Part of the reasoning is so the coach can have game film on him and the third stringer who played against the Seahawks. Then he can use that to choose who is going to start against the winner of the Falcons/Panthers game in the playoffs. :|
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I heard the real reason Peyton had so much neck surgery was to remove his gag reflex so he wouldn't choke so much.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well, that operation clearly wasn't successful, given the last two years of consistent playoff chokes.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:Well, that operation clearly wasn't successful, given the last two years of consistent playoff chokes.
Michael Jacksons doctor. :(
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Block
Jedi Council Member

Post by Block »

Last year was a choke? He did get his team to the Superbowl.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Block wrote:Last year was a choke? He did get his team to the Superbowl.
Whereupon they got destroyed, 43-8. That loss wasn't exactly all Peyton's fault, though the interception in Q1 and the pick-six in the Q2 didn't help. Still, you can't say Denver didn't choke and choke hard that game.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So we are out our two starting tackles, as feared.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

FUCK YEAH PLAYOFFS.

We made it despite losing both our starting tackles, Haloti Ngata, 13 DBs and other players for a total of 20 Ravens on IR.

Why did we make it? Because unlike other teams, Ravens bounce back. HARBAUGH COACH OF THE YEAR.
And because Joe Flacco came through today despite taking vicious hits. FLACCO.
And because KC did us a huge favour by beating SD. KANSAS CITY.

Sorry Elfdart. Had I been a neutral observer I would think that SD had a better chance of beating the teams I hate and would have thought them more deserving. But I am a Ravens fan, so.....
------------
------------
My LPs
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Please oh please let the Raiders win.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev