RIAA Starts Home Search Ad Campaign

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Are you sure? Because that doesn't look like something the MPAA would have done in the 80s when they were bitching and whining about the home video market. That kind of violence wouldn't have been in something like that, and the MPAA wouldn't have made an anti-piracy film, either.

It just looks like some mid 80s horror movie or something. Kinda Troma-ish junk that was filmed by the metric ton by smaller studios.
Teehee, I was joking. :D That's just as bad as thinking the RIAA made this and for real. :P

Oh Spanky, you so crazy!
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:I found it strange that everyone was dressed in styles from the 1980s...
Its a subtle hint of us heading towards a 1984 society. ;)

[Aliens]THEY'RE GONNA GET US ALL!!! GAME OVER MAN! GAME OVER!!!! [/Aliens]
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Peregrin Toker
Emperor's Hand

Post by Peregrin Toker »

This is not that surprising to me - in Denmark, the government started a Stalinesque purging of bootleggers some months ago... complete with a "You can run but you can't hide" advertisement campaign which seems to have deliberately designed to induce as much paranoia as possible. It's doubtful how effective it has been, and whether they really will arrest every single filesharer and bootlegger.

However, they IIRC only purge one city/region at a time and currently they're purging Haderslev in Jutland.
"Hi there, would you like to have a cookie?"

"No, actually I would HATE to have a cookie, you vapid waste of inedible flesh!"