OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: NFL 2014 season

Post by Havok »

Elfdart wrote:Goddamnit! :banghead:
Quest For One: Not starting so well. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Did anyone catch the Chiefs game? I know they got fucked on defense with the injuries, but how did the game go overall?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thanas wrote:
Havok wrote:You should watch Keith Olberman's commentary on the issue Thanas. Should be on ESPN.
Yeah, I disagree with him. No way will anybody resign when far worse spousal abusers (Greg Hardy) are not getting anything. The ravens will not sacrifice their team for Rice lying to their faces, nor should they.
He's not saying they will, he is saying they should and he is right. Especially what he said about Goodell... interviewing her with Rice in the room?! What the fuck is that fucking shit all about?!
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

He is right about Goodell, he is wrong about his spiel about Newsome and Cass should have suspended Rice more. They couldn't have, because the new CBA expressively outlaws any kind of team punishment aside from what the league mandates.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah well, then Rice shouldn't be suspended indefinitely if we are going by the CBA or the rules they just instituted weeks ago of a 6 game suspension for a first offense. They ALL know they fucked up and after hearing ex-front office types talk about the security and investigative services the teams use and have access to, it sounds like it is bullshit that nobody saw the footage until Monday.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:Yeah well, then Rice shouldn't be suspended indefinitely if we are going by the CBA or the rules they just instituted weeks ago of a 6 game suspension for a first offense.
Well, sure, if the commish ignores the rules they can do what they want. But the ravens as an org have to stick to the rules until the commish decides the rules no longer matter.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Wish Crackpot was still around....

Heh - I got me a "Stealth" Dolphins hat. Classic logo, black and silver. Totally looks like a spurs hat until you get close.

TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Havok wrote:
Thanas wrote:
Havok wrote:You should watch Keith Olberman's commentary on the issue Thanas. Should be on ESPN.
Yeah, I disagree with him. No way will anybody resign when far worse spousal abusers (Greg Hardy) are not getting anything. The ravens will not sacrifice their team for Rice lying to their faces, nor should they.
He's not saying they will, he is saying they should and he is right. Especially what he said about Goodell... interviewing her with Rice in the room?! What the fuck is that fucking shit all about?!

Now, I'm no Goodell fan, but I honestly don't get the whole "Goodell should resign" thing. That's fucking ridiculous. The prosecutor in the case essentially signed off on counseling and probation for Ray Rice. They are the ones with the primary responsibility of punishing him. Goodell acknowledges he could have handled things better, and took steps to ensure that next time it would be handled better. Its not like he hit her himself. To me, it seems its all just an attempt at cheap internet clicks for hack writers trying to look progressive.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Did you fucking read what I wrote?

Goodell interviewed Rice's wife about the incident with RICE IN THE FUCKING ROOM! Guess what version of the story he got?

Are you some kind of fucking idiot?!

And they aren't steps to handle things better next time, they are steps to cover his fucking ass this time.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Goodell is done. He has to resign.
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:Did anyone catch the Chiefs game? I know they got fucked on defense with the injuries, but how did the game go overall?
When you get whipped good and hard by a mediocre team like the Titans...
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

All I know is the goddamn Jamaal Charles got goddamn seven touches because Andy Reid is a bag of milky diarrhea.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
------------
My LPs
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Havok wrote:Did you fucking read what I wrote?

Goodell interviewed Rice's wife about the incident with RICE IN THE FUCKING ROOM! Guess what version of the story he got?

Are you some kind of fucking idiot?!

And they aren't steps to handle things better next time, they are steps to cover his fucking ass this time.
He probably got the same story he would have gotten had he not been in the room. She married him after the incident after all, and its not like she wanted to ruin his career. Obviously she was influential in Ray getting only probation and counseling from the DA to begin with.
Thanas wrote:Goodell is done. He has to resign.
If Goodell received the tape then I'd agree he's done. If it was an underling, then wherever the buck stopped with that tape will take the all (if it made it all the way up to Goodell, then so be it).
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

WOOOHOOOO.

JUST WHAT WE NEEDED. FUCK YEAH.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Guess who is an even bigger shitbag than Ray Rice? ADRIAN PETERSON.

MOTHERFUCKER.

Fucking asshole did this to his boy:
Note that these images were taken a week after the fact, meaning the boy had already healed up most of the damage.
(A switch is a narrow, flexible branch from a tree. A child being disciplined is often sent to fetch his own switch.)
The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child's back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child's hands. Peterson then texted the boy's mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her "mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch."

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child's mother that he "felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh" and also acknowledged the injury to the child's scrotum in a text message, saying, "Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I'm all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!"

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, "Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don't play no games when it comes to acting right."

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that "Daddy Peterson hit me on my face." The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that "there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet." He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson "likes belts and switches" and "has a whooping room."
The police report also includes text messages between Peterson and the boy’s mother. First he texted to her: “You will be mad at me about his leg.” Later, he texted: “He got about five more pops than normal. He didn’t drop one tear!… He’s tough as nails.”
Maybe he and Ray Rice can join hands together in the "shitbag of the month" circle in hell.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:Guess who is an even bigger shitbag than Ray Rice? ADRIAN PETERSON.

MOTHERFUCKER.

Fucking asshole did this to his boy:
Note that these images were taken a week after the fact, meaning the boy had already healed up most of the damage.
(A switch is a narrow, flexible branch from a tree. A child being disciplined is often sent to fetch his own switch.)
The beating allegedly resulted in numerous injuries to the child, including cuts and bruises to the child's back, buttocks, ankles, legs and scrotum, along with defensive wounds to the child's hands. Peterson then texted the boy's mother, saying that one wound in particular would make her "mad at me about his leg. I got kinda good wit the tail end of the switch."

Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child's mother that he "felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh" and also acknowledged the injury to the child's scrotum in a text message, saying, "Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I'm all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!"

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, "Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don't play no games when it comes to acting right."

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that "Daddy Peterson hit me on my face." The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that "there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet." He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson "likes belts and switches" and "has a whooping room."
The police report also includes text messages between Peterson and the boy’s mother. First he texted to her: “You will be mad at me about his leg.” Later, he texted: “He got about five more pops than normal. He didn’t drop one tear!… He’s tough as nails.”
Maybe he and Ray Rice can join hands together in the "shitbag of the month" circle in hell.
Motherfucker. Toss him off a bridge, I just cannot abide child abusers, be they physical, emotional, or sexual.

In case you can't tell no he shouldn't be thrown off a bridge.

I'm honestly a cunthair away from just giving up on pro football until they clean this shit up.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

My mom spanked me with a wooden spoon. Just throwing that out there.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:My mom spanked me with a wooden spoon. Just throwing that out there.
See what horrors child abuse creates?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:My mom spanked me with a wooden spoon. Just throwing that out there.
Spanking =/= being beaten bloody all over the body.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thank you San Diego. :D
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Woohoo
2-0 start. I've been busy, so based on past actions, I need to keep not watching.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:Thank you San Diego. :D
Your Niners owe me a kneecapping of the Donkeys.

That win was doubly satisfying because the zebras did their manly best to keep Seattle in the game with a bullshit TD awarded to the Seahawks and an equally bullshit holding call that nullified a Charger TD.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

They robbed us of one too. That was a complete phantom hold on Boldin on the long Gore run.

I feel like they told this crew that "Hey, national game, throw flags on this one and everyone will get the message."
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

DUDE! These automatic 1st downs need to be re-fucking-evaluated. How does a hand on a face mask automatically warrant 20 fucking yards on 3rd and 20? (just an example)
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)