NFL 2011

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: NFL 2011

Post by Flagg »

I hope Tampon Bay can get some shit done this season. Still think the dumbest goddamned thing they ever did was shitcanning Gruden, but they have improved over the last season to at least be less of a fucking embarrassment.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I hear their QB is better than Flacco, or so the media loves to tell me (LOLOLOLOL).

Seriously, what's with all the Flacco hate this offseason? You'd think he raped a disco goer or something.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Who knows? Why can't we all go back to hating Michael Vick instead of masturbating furiously over his "redemption"? I can't even fucking buy Nikes anymore because those cunts sponsor him now.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So the Broncos are going to go with Tebow. :lol:

Can't stand that religious fundamentalist.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Isn't he the one who got to run an anti-abortion ad during the SB?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yes.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Classy. Sad part is from what I recall he's a decent college QB.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So confirmed signings and trades so far:
Redskins QB Donovan McNabb to the Vikings for a 2012 6th Round pick and a 2013 6th-round pick, contingent on McNabb agreeing to new salary (Jay Glazer, NFL Network)

Signings:

CB Ike Taylor re-signs with the Steelers in a four-year deal (Schefter)

Former Dolphins QB Tyler Thigpen to the Bills in a 3-year deal (Omar Kelly, South Florida Sun-Sentinel)
K Dave Rayner re-signs with the Lions for a 1-year deal (PFT)
Former 49ers LB Takeo Spikes to the Chargers (Gil Alcaraz IV, Yahoo!)
Former Panthers TE Jeff King to the Cardinals (Schefter)
Former Bills LB Paul Posluszny to sign with the Jaguars (Glazer)
DT Damione Lewis re-signs with the Texans: one-year vet minimum deal (PFT, La Confora)
TE Randy McMichael re-signs with the Chargers: one-year vet minimum deal (PFT, La Confora)
QB Alex Smith re-signs with the 49ers for a one-year, $5m deal (Schefter; Tony Softli, Rams Radio Network)
T Jeromy Clary re-signs with the Chargers: four-year, $20 million deal (Aaron Wilson, Carroll County Times)
Former Bears WR Devin Aromashadu signs a 1-year deal with the Vikings (Schefter)
RG Marshall Yanda re-signs with the Ravens: multi-year deal (Jamison Hensley, Baltimore Sun)
Former Eagles SS Quentin Mikell to the Rams: 4-year $28 million deal (Schefter)
WR Santana Moss re-signs with the Redskins: 3-year, $15m deal
DE Charles Johnson re-signs with the Panthers: six-year, $76 million deal with $32 million guaranteed, including a $30 million signing bonus (ProFootballTalk).
DE Jarvis Moss to the Raiders (The Sports XChange)
C Casey Wiegmann re-signs with the Chiefs (Aaron Wilson, Carroll County Times)
Former Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson to the Seahawks (Clayton)
Former Bears S Kevin Payne to the Panthers (Brad Biggs, Chicago Sun-Times)
So McNabb to the Vikings...

how the heck is Pittsburgh going to afford Taylor? They are already 12 million over the cap and have not signed a single rookie...
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Gah. I hate losing Takeo. It had to happen though. He isn't an every down LB anymore, and if we are going to keep Lawson, Brooks, hold on to Gibson and sign Aldon... but still. Would have liked him around.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

How are the niners doing cap wise?
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Fine. They just aren't very active free agent players. If they don't go after a QB or Nnamdi, they won't make any other big name plays. They will add some bits and pieces and that is it.
To quote Patrick Willis, "I hope to God they keep Abrayo."

Looks like the Jets are making a play for Nnamdi as well. Hopefully your Ravens news holds up. That would just be a sickening amount of good Corner on one team. Although, unlike the Ravens, they need more help than just a CB. Ryan covers A LOT of lackluster talent up with his schemes. On the other hand, look what he does with one shut down CB. What could he do with two?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:Looks like the Jets are making a play for Nnamdi as well. Hopefully your Ravens news holds up. That would just be a sickening amount of good Corner on one team. Although, unlike the Ravens, they need more help than just a CB. Ryan covers A LOT of lackluster talent up with his schemes. On the other hand, look what he does with one shut down CB. What could he do with two?

The Jets are 8.5 million over the cap and have not resigned any of their two wide receivers. I doubt they will sacrifice Holmes, Edwards and Cromartie to get Aso.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Jets just signed Holmes to a five year contract just shy of 10 million per year. They are already 10 million over the cap. If they manage to land Nnamdi that would mean he would pay for the league minimum (or the Jets just cut every good player besides Holmes and hope Sanchez can absorb a lot of hits).

IMO the Jets are just trying to drive up the price.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Looks like old man Hasselbeck is going to the Tittans. I figured he'd go to the Raidtards where washed up players go to die. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

So right now the word is SF, NYJ and HOU in the Nnamdi sweepstakes. Not sure where the guy from Grantland got his info Thanas, but I haven't heard another peep out of anyone talking about the Ravens.

The thing with Nnamdi, is this is going to be his last big contract as he won't get another one as a CB. Houston and SF have far more to spend than NY does. SF has the advantage of not having to relocate and going to a very solid D, while the Jets have the look of a bonafide Superbowl contender, maybe. The still have to get over the hump and the third time is usually the charm, or you are done. They also for sure will have to contend with the Patriots, probably three times, the Steelers, Ravens, Chargers and Colts to get to where they are going.
Houston has the money, but they can't and won't get past the Colts Peyton Manning.
SF has a solid D as I mentioned, and are in a piss poor division. Their chances of making the playoffs are at least as good as the Jets and probably better than Houston's. The division is also full of inexperienced QBs that will be stupid enough to test Nnamdi, so he may have a stat resurgence in the NFC West. The same can be said for NY, as Brady is gonna have to through at someone :lol: and you have the guy in Buffalo, and whatever garbage QB Miami plugs in. (I rescind that comment if it is Orton, although he still has to pick between Nnamdi and Revis.)
The acting angle is bullshit, unless Nnamdi wants to go on Broadway. He will get more endorsements in NY, but even local in NY is still local. The West Coast is where stars are born.

I honestly don't think Houston gets him unless they throw the keys to the safe at him. So it comes down to SF and NY. I think SF is more convenient, higher contract and a nice stat bump and a possible playoff team. NY is going to be a smaller contract, less convenient a nice stat bump and a sure fire contender.

Also Gore is gonna hold out... fuck and good for him. He has been the heart and sole of our miserable team for years and has been consistent against routine 9, and I shit you not, 10 man fronts over the last few years, with the ineptitude of our passing game. I say he deserves a pay bump, as he still has at least three good years in him for us.

Oh and if we get Nnamdi, I hope that Clements restructures and stays. I hope he does that anyway. He is far better than the how he has been perceived.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Well, we need reinforcements for our secondary, so of course we won't get him. We'll sign some more d-line and LBs and then pick up a few unsigned rookie CBs and Safeties who aren't developed enough (and may never be) to really be starters.

And then start them.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Ugh, $50 million/5 years for Santonio Holmes?
/face palm

Well the positive about that is he's got good chemistry with Nacho, and this means the Jets are basically telling Stone Hands DUI that he can go take his off-field problems elsewhere.

The bad news is that the Jets are wicked limited in everything else now. I read that they are already $10 million over cap, hence all the talk of Sanchez restructuring. There's been talk of pursuing Asomugha, but unless they jettison Cromartie pre-emptively I don't see how they can swing that kind of cash and still make other deals. And the receiving corps is going to be kind of weak other than Holmes, especially if Brad Smith leaves. Cotchery is okay, but who knows how much more pounding his back can take.

Oh well, at least we still have John Connor. He's been a pretty sweet FB, and can make some plays at RB and WR in a pinch.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

Albert Haynesworth is a Patriot.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Is there a SD.net fantasy league going? I just quit my primary one because I didn't feel like shelling out the buy-in this year now that I have a mortgage. I'd totally be down with a free league with you clowns, if enough people are interested.
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Not to my knowledge.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So the niners are going to cut Clements anyway, regardless if they land Nnamdi or not. And the Texans are apparently now the frontrunners in the great pursuit of Nnamdi.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh those fucking Patriots. Haynesworth and Ochocinco. Wow. Helluva a day.

The Niners cut Clements for salary cap reasons. Unless he is heavily pursued by teams, he will probably be back in SF with a new more manageable deal.

Houston must have a bigger safe than I thought, or the NY media was way over hyping the Nnamdi attempt. No big surprise there.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Losing Brad Smith stings. Losing him to the Bills adds insult to injury. At least he got a paycheck though. The Jets' holdup on signing anyone until Nnmandi makes a decision sucks, but I guess they have no choice with their payroll so high already.

Our passing offense is going to tank (moreso!) this season unless some crazy receiver magic happens. I'm hoping Jericho Cotchery's back is super-repaired like in Rookie of the Year, and he gains Spiderman-level agility.

EDIT: the Jets actually will have $7.5 million in cap space AFTER the Holmes contract. They cleared $11 million up fast.
-Agent Kay
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Why are Jets fans unhappy with the Holmes signing? He won like four games for you single handedly last year, and no matter what people like to think, fact is, you only have one go to receiver on your team and he is for fucking sure, that guy.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

My problem was that it was a 5-year deal. I figured they'd try and dump a lot of cash on him for one year or even three, but not five. However, I'm confident they have language in the contract to recoup the bulk of that $50 million (and probably an option to terminate the contract) when/if he violates the substance abuse policy again and is suspended for a season.

The few other fans I know were pissed for the straight up dollar amount, which is kind of silly The guy is worth it, especially when you look at what else is available. And taking him over Edwards was a no-brainer.
-Agent Kay